[Updated 02-05-12] ClockworkMod Recovery v5.0.2.8 port for the HTC Chacha.

Search This thread

adlx.xda

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 4, 2010
Madrid
Ah, thanks, I guess we would need an engineer HBOOT for that then, I believe seeing someone with an engineering hboot around.

The inability to use fastboot does not mean we can't flash recoveries. We could still flash_image from the device, but I don't know if that'll work with just ship s-off..
Another (rather painful, but working) method is a fake recovery, which I really would dislike to see, but might be a last resort.

Yeah I come from Defy where we only have a bootstrap recovery and it kinda suck (at least for deving, it's almost the same for end users).

Anyway what we need is root, either for bootstrap or using flash_image (or dd) to flash the recovery. Who could help uswith the root thing?

Moody

Dec 11, 2009
Arnhem
Updated a flashable package.
Please let me inform you on my stance. I've used the phone in a local store today, and must say it SUCKS! The keyboard buttons are hard to press as sh*t! Could just be because it was a dummy model though.

My interest in developing roms for this device is huge though, and would love to be the one to port cyanogenmod onto it. So unless someone feels like borrowing the phone for a while, to help out other chacha users, you won't see it made by me :(

HyoImowano

Apr 8, 2008
Sigonella, Italy
First off, I agree that this device is less than ideal in many ways, but I'm obliged to use it for some time.

Second to that, when I try to flash this I get a CID incorrect error. I'm using an AT&T Status with Baseband 47.17.35.3033H_7.48.35.14_2, Build Number 1.23.502.1 CL84153.

inny2

Dec 4, 2009
Got an S-OFF device... I will try to install in the next hour. Awaiting results.

Moody

Dec 11, 2009
Arnhem
First off, I agree that this device is less than ideal in many ways, but I'm obliged to use it for some time.

Second to that, when I try to flash this I get a CID incorrect error. I'm using an AT&T Status with Baseband 47.17.35.3033H_7.48.35.14_2, Build Number 1.23.502.1 CL84153.

Is it s-off? Might be my mistake in the update script. Really are unfamiliar with that and have just tried something, but since the japanese guy confirmed it works, I wonder what's different for him.

Moody

Dec 11, 2009
Arnhem
YEAH !!!

it works with me :)

CHACHA PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOt-0.74.0000
MICROP-0557
RADIO-7.47.35.17

boot recovery like a charm in Clockmod recovery

Thanks you Mikevhl !

I have the same issue too => http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1179155

How can I fix it with the clockmod recovery ?

PM Sent, update.zip will be created and posted for everyone. Please do not discuss this issue any further, other than if you have issues with the update.zip.

Edit:
HTC AT&T Status keyboard fix attempt, can anyone confirm this works?
It won't format or delete anything, only the keylayout is changed Just flash through CWM
Download: update.zip

Last edited:

Moody

Dec 11, 2009
Arnhem
Wow that really looks promising!

A dumb question, how do you trigger a boot to recovery?
What is the key combination? I couldn't find.

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e

Boot with volume down and select recovery. I don't know how to get into recovery mode directly though..

HyoImowano

Apr 8, 2008
Sigonella, Italy
Ok, I don't know why my Status is retarded, but even the new zip doesn't work. Is there any way to check my CID, and possibly add it manually? Just a side note, I got my Status directly from HTC at an event. It still ATT branded.

Moody

Dec 11, 2009
Arnhem
Ok, I don't know why my Status is retarded, but even the new zip doesn't work. Is there any way to check my CID, and possibly add it manually? Just a side note, I got my Status directly from HTC at an event. It still ATT branded.

I believe I've read somewhere that you can find it in settings.

HyoImowano

Apr 8, 2008
Sigonella, Italy
Couldn't find it in settings, but found an app called CID Getter which reports mine as CWS__001. Couldn't edit the info file on my device myself unfortunately.

Through black magic and the use of an actual PC now that I'm home from work, I was able to install it just fine, looking forward to custom ROMS :)

Last edited:

Moody

Dec 11, 2009
Arnhem
Couldn't find it in settings, but found an app called CID Getter which reports mine as CWS__001. Couldn't edit the info file on my device myself unfortunately.

Through black magic and the use of an actual PC now that I'm home from work, I was able to install it just fine, looking forward to custom ROMS :)

Thanks, I will add cws__001 to the cid list, kinda odd that I missed it..

Moody

Dec 11, 2009
Arnhem
Guys, I know that I earned some respect among some of you, and am hoping you could do me a favor. Could anyone who is rooted install the talk 1.3 installer from the market and report whether video and/or voice calls work? I'd be happy to be the contact you're calling through gtalk 1.3, if you don't have someone else to try it with.

You would REALLY help me by doing this!

Edit: got enough results from the poll, apps2sd and funky window animations will be added. Boot and camera sounds will be removed. Facebook will be removed, with an optional update.zip to add it back. Rosie/Sense Launcher will be left, with which optional packages to remove rosie and add either adw or launcherpro.

Last edited:

Moody

Dec 11, 2009
Arnhem
Thanks for your recovery : perfect !

PS : your french keyboard package doesn't run : error status 6 during the update

That's odd. I have had an report that the german package works, and they both contain the same script and signature. Could you try flashing the german package?

Edit:
Hurray, got stickied! :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Clockworkmod Recovery for the HTC Chacha.

Please note I don't have the device and therefore can't give any support. I'm sorry.

You will find adlx.xda's cwm HERE [source]
    My older, own CWM 4 port can be found HERE or from the attachments

02-05-12: Updated thread and dropped S-OFF tag.
    15-04-12: adlx.xda has updated his 5.0.2.8.
    05-02-12: adlx.xda has built a 5.0.2.8 CWM Recovery.
    23-01-12: adlx.xda has built a 5.0.2.7 CWM Recovery.
    24-07-11: Updated with huge CID list for ALL s-off users.
    25-07-11: Updated with CWS__001.
    14-10-11: Added original recovery update.zip
    15-10-11: Fixed Error 6 bug for stock recovery

Code:
    Put PH06img.zip on your sdcard, reboot into bootloader mode and flash CWM.

Quick tut to boot into bootloader mode:
    Code:
    Go to settings -> Power -> untick Fastboot
    Turn off the phone
    Hold VOL Down + Power for 5 seconds

If you are already rooted and want to flash the CWM recovery on your Chacha, you can also:

- Use Alex.C's 1 click recovery flasher,
    - Use Goo Manager
    Both applications are available for free on the Market.

-----

Update: Here is the stock recovery.
    You can flash this in order to help you update to version 1.52, which can be found HERE

Code:
    A quick how-to on upgrading version 1.33 to 1.52
    Step 1: Install Stock Recovery
    Step 2: Rename the OTA_blabla.zip into PH06IMG.zip and put it on your SDCard
    Step 3: Flash the image by rebooting into bootloader
    Step 4: Put CWM's PH06IMG.zip on your SDCard again
    Step 5: Flash CWM by rebooting into bootloader.
    CWM HTC Chacha v5.0.2.7 by Adlx

I have built a 5.0.2.7 CWM Recovery, if you want to give it a try: http://www.mediafire.com/?crcwnigbr17dc8s ;)
    I've uploaded a new version of CWM 5.0.2.8, which enables the Power button to select options in the menus, as it is standard and it's what users expects ;)

recovery-5028-3-chacha.img
    in the latest build, the camera is still crashing. by the way do we need to open up a new thread for CM 10.1 development?

I'll open a new thread...
    I've fixed the issue with charging the phone when powered off.

Here is the latest CWM I have built for Chacha:

http://goo-inside.me/devs/adlx/chacha/cwm/recovery-5028-2-chacha.img

If you run SuperOSR or CM7.2 or any rom having flash_image, the easiest way to flash it is via my app 1-click Recovery Flasher, available on the Market (look for "adlx" and you'll find it).