By NycoFR, Member on 10th May 2014, 03:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th October 2014, 11:36 AM |#21  
OP Member
Flag Grenoble
Thanks Meter: 48

Donate to Me
More
Which apk ? Because some of them have to be signed for the rom to work, or you'll get infinite reboot...
17th February 2015, 09:15 AM |#22  
OP Member
Flag Grenoble

Donate to Me
More
Update 3.1 is out, bringing only minors changes. Don't forget to give me feedbacks !
The Following User Says Thank You to NycoFR For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NycoFR Ad-Free
22nd May 2015, 02:02 PM |#23  
Flag Nicosia
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Stuck in splash screen
Hello and many thanks for all the info so far!

I had a stock GT-B5510 which for some reason failed to boot correctly. It stops at the splash screen with the SAMSUNG logo.
I decided to flash your tweak and followed all your steps, but when I am in "mount /data", i get an error.
System is mounted correctly and i see the "unmount/system" option in ClockWorkRecoveryMod.
Any ideas what might be the problem?
Thanks in advance.
22nd May 2015, 04:11 PM |#24  
OP Member
Flag Grenoble

Donate to Me
More
It seems to be quite common. Indeed the partitions of the a GT-B5510 can corrupt, and it result such an issue. You can try to flash the stock rom and erase again all your data with the stock recovery mode and see if you can, after that, mount /data. If not, you'll have to find a .pit file which had to be used with Odin in order to recover your correct partition table.
Good luck !
Nyco
The Following User Says Thank You to NycoFR For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NycoFR Ad-Free
25th May 2015, 06:58 AM |#25  
Flag Nicosia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NycoFR

It seems to be quite common. Indeed the partitions of the a GT-B5510 can corrupt, and it result such an issue. You can try to flash the stock rom and erase again all your data with the stock recovery mode and see if you can, after that, mount /data. If not, you'll have to find a .pit file which had to be used with Odin in order to recover your correct partition table.
Good luck !
Nyco

Many thanks! User did a factory reset and whipped data from android system, but suddenly it stopped working. He gave it to me, i did again the process from the stock recovery mode, but no luck.
Where can i locate the .pit file. I think i am spending too much time on an old phone, but i would like to see it run with your tweaks....
25th May 2015, 12:12 PM |#26  
OP Member
Flag Grenoble

Donate to Me
More
I don't know, unfortunately, I've searched a bit on the web, but as I had not found anything and as I was not concerned, I stopped.
Good luck !
2nd July 2015, 01:28 PM |#27  

More
hi guys!
Can i place this ROM on a SGY pro GT-B5510 L?
I`ve read somewhere it`s probably failing the 3g because of that last L (latin) in the model number.
thanks in advance, i`m anxious for testing this rom in my phone!
11th August 2015, 09:56 PM |#28  
OP Member
Flag Grenoble

Donate to Me
More
Hello !
You can try to port this rom, I give you the right, but I don't guarantee you that it will work easily as I don't know the L version.
Good luck !
12th August 2015, 05:44 PM |#29  

More
Thanks! Do you think it's posible to flash back again the L version if this one fails?

Sent from my GT-B5510L using XDA Free mobile app
12th August 2015, 07:13 PM |#30  
OP Member
Flag Grenoble

Donate to Me
More
[ROM][KERNEL][TWEAK]JellyPro for Galaxy Y Pro (GT-B5510)[2.3.6]
If the only difference is the network, yes of course. But if the hardware is different, an unadapted kernel like asasoft's one could seriously brick your device... Have a look on their site, they might have mentioned your device
EDIT : the kernel will work, you can try without much danger, but keep a backup and the original rom files for b5510l
12th August 2015, 07:38 PM |#31  

More
ok. I'll try then.
What do you recomend to make the backup?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
rom gt-b5510 custom kernel

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)