[Q] Can not install G+ and Foursquare on CM10.2

Search This thread

psydex

Nov 25, 2012
Plovdiv
mobers.org
I'm having hard time installing Google Plus and Foursquare since i upgraded to CyanogenMod 10.2 on my Galaxy S2
I looked for a solution on the internetz but couldn't find a working solution. I tried via APK but can not be done. Does anyone found a way to install them?

1k88L.png

EDIT: Foursquare support told me they don't and they never will support Cyanogenmod. They suggested me to use m.foursquare.com instead but hey... who uses this? It's plain text. Unless if find another way - i'm screwed.

Last edited:

Jsilver73

Nov 5, 2013
Christchurch UK
I'm having hard time installing Google Plus and Foursquare since i upgraded to CyanogenMod 10.2 on my Galaxy S2
I looked for a solution on the internetz but couldn't find a working solution. I tried via APK but can not be done. Does anyone found a way to install them?

1k88L.png

Did you not get g+ in your gapps package? Personally I always uninstall as I find G+ kills my battery! Do you have enough memory free on your internal storage? If not you may want to consider either deleting some stuff or moving it to external sd.

psydex

Nov 25, 2012
Plovdiv
mobers.org
I did get it in my gapps package. In case you're clueless about the screenshot - BOTH appears as incompatible. That's why i'm unable to install them.

Jsilver73

Nov 5, 2013
Christchurch UK
I did get it in my gapps package. In case you're clueless about the screenshot - BOTH appears as incompatible. That's why i'm unable to install them.

I don't understand Russian so clueless from your screen shots I am lol!

Your internal storage - did you check, how much do you have?

Maybe it is a problem with your rom, have you tried flashing a different one to see if the error still occurs?

psydex

Nov 25, 2012
Plovdiv
mobers.org
It's Bulgarian... but you don't have to know Bulgarian to see what's the problem. Anyway... i do have free space and i'm aware the problem is caused by the rom itself (it's nightly after all). I was just wondering if someone found a 'detour'

Jsilver73

Nov 5, 2013
Christchurch UK
It's Bulgarian... but you don't have to know Bulgarian to see what's the problem. Anyway... i do have free space and i'm aware the problem is caused by the rom itself (it's nightly after all). I was just wondering if someone found a 'detour'

really huh? I beg to differ, those screenshots mean nothing to me, and apologies for getting your language mixed up with Russian. Nope, sorry, I don't know a work around. If you are after 4.3 though there are many good nightly builds - suggest you look at slimsaber by @fusionjack carbon (latest nightly) PAC - AOKP - PA oh the list is huge and they are all getting pretty good in my opinion.

Hope you get it sorted out, sorry I couldn't be more help.

psydex

Nov 25, 2012
Plovdiv
mobers.org
I know that Google Play filter Apps based on smartphone models. If you go to Settings > System > About phone, do you see Model Number: GT-I9100? Can you post a screen shot of what you see there?

These apps usually work great on my device. The problem came since i installed CM10.2 but it seems i'm the only one complaining these apps ain't running anymore. I tried sideloading them but it says this app wasn't installed (probably because incompatibility with CM)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-19-18-18-27.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-19-18-18-27.png
    97.1 KB · Views: 20

rhelering

Jun 25, 2012
These apps usually work great on my device. The problem came since i installed CM10.2 but it seems i'm the only one complaining these apps ain't running anymore. I tried sideloading them but it says this app wasn't installed (probably because incompatibility with CM)

Well, in that case, I will consider another rom.
I also have a Galaxy S2 (I9100) and I'm using the Omni 4.4.2 rom and I'm very happy with this rom.
In case you are interested: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2562055
One think I have changed is the launcher. It comes with launcher3 but prefer Nova launcher. It's much better and you can customize it way more.

Hope that helps!

psydex

Nov 25, 2012
Plovdiv
mobers.org
Well, in that case, I will consider another rom.
I also have a Galaxy S2 (I9100) and I'm using the Omni 4.4.2 rom and I'm very happy with this rom.
In case you are interested: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2562055
One think I have changed is the launcher. It comes with launcher3 but prefer Nova launcher. It's much better and you can customize it way more.

Hope that helps!

No this doesn't help me! I choose to use CM10.2 , i do not want any recommendations for other roms...

rhelering

Jun 25, 2012
No this doesn't help me! I choose to use CM10.2 , i do not want any recommendations for other roms...

I'm sorry I can't help you. I don't have a spare SG2 to install CM 10.2 and figure out why it doesn't work.
I only have one device and is happily running Omni 4.4.2 so far.
Sorry again.