Help a dev out.. I am looking for an E4GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

swamp goblin

Apr 2, 2010

Let me start this thread by clearly stating;

I am not asking to be handed a device!

There. Remember this, as I would hate to get flamed for it.

If you are willing to donate a device/towards one, that would be awesome. I am also looking for trades/selling.

A little background information.. I am a dev from the Nexus S 4G, and I do ports of all kinds. I mostly focus on sense, as I have ported Sense 2.1, 3.5, and 4.0. If you dont believe me, the threads can be found in the forum and also under my user profile. I have also ported other ui's such as t-mobile mytouch, motoblur (droid x, droid razr), dianxin and miui.

Nexus S 4G Sense 4.0 Port

Nexus S 4G Sense 2.1 Port

List of threads I have started. All my ports are here.

Many users have requested a sense 4.0 port to the e4gt, which I would love to help the current devs with.

What I am asking from the community, is any help with obtaining an epic 4g touch to help with porting of my roms and future ones. I will be straightforward; I do not have the kind of money to go out and buy one brand new. I am 17, and my upgrade is not due until next november. I am not directly asking for donations, or anything like that. I am reaching out to the community in case there is someone, somewhere, that has an extra e4gt they would be willing to sell or trade, or donate for development :)

Like I said earlier, I am not begging for your money or for someone to give me a free phone. Yes, I want one. Not just for my profit, I want to provide ports and mods that are currently on my Nexus S 4G. So in the end you all profit.

This is getting to be a lengthy post for something like this, so I will close it. I am not saying I am the best developer ever and you guys need me.. I am just saying that I would like to come to this community and help out, so I am asking for any help or info in obtaining an epic 4g touch :)

Thanks,

SG

-= Current Donation Status =-

As some users have donated (Thanks to all, I seriously appreciate it), I figured it would be appropriate to keep up-to-date logs of the donations, including photos of current paypal balance for proof and any info on phone purchase. I am not trying to scam, nor do I plan on using these donations for anything other than an E4GT. The funds will stay in my paypal account until purchase of the device. For some reason, paypal decides to take a part of the donation, so pictures of statements will be a little lower than totals shown here. I dont understand it, maybe someone can help me figure it out. Hope this clears things up.

-= Donaters/Totals =-

newalker91 - $100

TheHighlightGuy - $20

tkemack - $40

jfcooley - $10

BrandoKC - $25

Epix4G - $20

D1rk - $20

tkemack - another $15

TOTAL - $250 ........3/31/12

page0001.jpg

E4GT cost anywhere from $250-340 on craigslist in my area (MN), and as far as I know same prices on ebay. Any info on low prices is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

pillzzberry

Sep 17, 2010
Ooowww. I'd love to test out some new UI on this device and screen would probably have the rom UI looking at its best..plus I wanna test out the software and customization..devs in the theme section would probably tear it up..they all kick I swear..and get a feel for all the other ui's

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Reactions: 12MaNy

swamp goblin

Apr 2, 2010
S.G. is a porting machine! I got to try several different ports on my Nexus and they all worked well. I hope to see you over here Swamp Goblin

Edit...if someone has an extra one, he is legit!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

I'm watching all my nexus forum friends jump over to this forum/phone.. I'm starting to get lonely ;)

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
Here's a sample of his work from my NS4G...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1333085694369.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1333085694369.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 1,509
  • uploadfromtaptalk1333085785952.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1333085785952.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 1,464
  • uploadfromtaptalk1333085803228.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1333085803228.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 1,454
  • uploadfromtaptalk1333085833575.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1333085833575.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 1,374
  • uploadfromtaptalk1333085846800.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1333085846800.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 1,344
Reactions: swamp goblin

swamp goblin

Apr 2, 2010
It really is a great phone if you can live without the LTE (I am fine without the LTE and Wimax on virgin haha.)

I am hoping wtogami from the OG epic team pics up this phone and starts working on CM9.

I've had 4g phones since the release of the evo, and only used 4g about 4 times since then.. I have lost all hope in using 4g, let alone lte which i would also never be able to use hah. :p

PoorCollegeGuy

Account currently disabled
Dec 18, 2011
Columbus
twitter.com
For trades and sales check out the XDA Market dude. I sold an Epic Touch there a month ago, then sold an Evo 3d over then bought another epic touch over there.

If you're looking for it, you can find them (i've seen them...) as low as $300 and possibly less if you're offering up trade.

Go spam the sellers! someone will want to :) If I had an extra I'd be glad to help out, but I'm a college student which means I'm even more poor than a high school student :p

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
I forgot how good that ROM looked with these screens until I posted those screenshots! I may have to make a nand and flash that Sense back on here

swamp goblin

Apr 2, 2010
For trades and sales check out the XDA Market dude. I sold an Epic Touch there a month ago, then sold an Evo 3d over then bought another epic touch over there.

If you're looking for it, you can find them (i've seen them...) as low as $300 and possibly less if you're offering up trade.

Go spam the sellers! someone will want to :) If I had an extra I'd be glad to help out, but I'm a college student which means I'm even more poor than a high school student :p

Yeah im gonna start watching the market place.. I just thought the actual forum for the phone would be a good place to start..

The end of your post actually made me laugh, as soon as I saw your username :D

Tiffany84

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 27, 2010
We've got to get him a phone. Would love to see u join this community.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Reactions: Will of fire

Esoteric68

Jun 9, 2011
Hellabama
If we find one on ebay, maybe with a few imperfections would that work? Can you work with a bad esn, maybe know someone at Sprint who could reactivate it? I was on there the other night poking around and they had some for a pretty decent price.

Censura_Umbra

Apr 10, 2011
Boston, MA
You could TEP swap your Nexus for a better phone, if not the ET4G, then maybe the Photon, which can TEP swap into the ET4G.

Just make a friend who works at a service center

(or since you are poor, and good at this stuff, go apply for a service center job)

There I solved a life problem, I will be on my soap box taking a nap lol

But really, hope you get one, I hate sense, but it would be an interesting achievement.

jfcooley

Jul 15, 2011
Charlottesville Va
Good work, and I'm sure you're a stand up dev. Maybe if the ball get'ss rolling I'd chip in.

I've been burned once on XDA donating an Evolution 3D only to see the dev split and ROM thread closed. Not saying at all you would do this, but once bitten twice shy.

Good luck, and like I said, some good looking work.

RayTrue04

Oct 27, 2010
Hartford, CT
XDA devs seem to live by the motto "Give the people what they want"

I'm programming retarded, therefore I can help in another way.

$100 to the cause Mr. Goblin (4WT47757DK890793A)

If that's the case give me that 100 and I'll file a lost claim and ship this one out to him lol! I would def like a sense rom. Its been a very long time since my Evo days and i do miss some of its features.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I now have an E4GT, I got it last night :) I've spent the entire day trying to make sure I know how to not brick this phone, flashing seems so much harder than on the nexus..

I'm going to chit chat with some devs, sense 4.0 development starts as soon as I learn how to flash cm9 without bricking ;)
    Wow, I have no clue why I havent noticed this thread, I missed about 3 pages of questions and other stuff.. Im slackin everywhere haha. About the features such as friendstream, we wont know until we have something booting. I am pretty sure it will be included and working, but we will have to see. Thanks venum, i'll definitely be asking for assistance later on, I have a feeling that all of us e4gt devs are gonna have to get together at some point and just hammer out a really awesome fully functional port (sense 4.0 ;) )

I have been doing some work here and there, sometime this week the kernel should be ready hopefully (I suck at repacking so I had asked one of the other e4gt devs to help me out)

Sense 4 is my main priority, a few of my old nexus s friends actually got rosie working in my sense 4 port, so there is a huge chance it will work for our phones too. I just need a working kernel, the rest I can fly through.

There is kind of a progress thread somewhere in the general section, I guess we can bump that one and I can provide more updates.

I have about 14 days left of school, and I'm drowning in multi-paragraph research papers and random last minute projects. I hate waiting so long, but I just cant dedicate a ton of time at the end of my Junior year of high school. I'm sorry its taking so long, summer is when I can dedicate my nights after work to porting sense :eek:
    Settled the deal, payed the man, and he sent it out for shipping this morning... 2 day shipping, so guessing it will go out monday, I should have the phone by tuesday/wednesday. :)
    I say help this dude... He can help the current progress of sense speed up!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Let me start this thread by clearly stating;

I am not asking to be handed a device!

There. Remember this, as I would hate to get flamed for it.

If you are willing to donate a device/towards one, that would be awesome. I am also looking for trades/selling.

A little background information.. I am a dev from the Nexus S 4G, and I do ports of all kinds. I mostly focus on sense, as I have ported Sense 2.1, 3.5, and 4.0. If you dont believe me, the threads can be found in the forum and also under my user profile. I have also ported other ui's such as t-mobile mytouch, motoblur (droid x, droid razr), dianxin and miui.

Nexus S 4G Sense 4.0 Port

Nexus S 4G Sense 2.1 Port

List of threads I have started. All my ports are here.

Many users have requested a sense 4.0 port to the e4gt, which I would love to help the current devs with.

What I am asking from the community, is any help with obtaining an epic 4g touch to help with porting of my roms and future ones. I will be straightforward; I do not have the kind of money to go out and buy one brand new. I am 17, and my upgrade is not due until next november. I am not directly asking for donations, or anything like that. I am reaching out to the community in case there is someone, somewhere, that has an extra e4gt they would be willing to sell or trade, or donate for development :)

Like I said earlier, I am not begging for your money or for someone to give me a free phone. Yes, I want one. Not just for my profit, I want to provide ports and mods that are currently on my Nexus S 4G. So in the end you all profit.

This is getting to be a lengthy post for something like this, so I will close it. I am not saying I am the best developer ever and you guys need me.. I am just saying that I would like to come to this community and help out, so I am asking for any help or info in obtaining an epic 4g touch :)

Thanks,

SG

-= Current Donation Status =-

As some users have donated (Thanks to all, I seriously appreciate it), I figured it would be appropriate to keep up-to-date logs of the donations, including photos of current paypal balance for proof and any info on phone purchase. I am not trying to scam, nor do I plan on using these donations for anything other than an E4GT. The funds will stay in my paypal account until purchase of the device. For some reason, paypal decides to take a part of the donation, so pictures of statements will be a little lower than totals shown here. I dont understand it, maybe someone can help me figure it out. Hope this clears things up.

-= Donaters/Totals =-

newalker91 - $100

TheHighlightGuy - $20

tkemack - $40

jfcooley - $10

BrandoKC - $25

Epix4G - $20

D1rk - $20

tkemack - another $15

TOTAL - $250 ........3/31/12

page0001.jpg

E4GT cost anywhere from $250-340 on craigslist in my area (MN), and as far as I know same prices on ebay. Any info on low prices is greatly appreciated.