[ROM]{AOSP][4.4.2][Unoffical] Mahdi

Search This thread

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Thank you, you said the in call volume is loader than the other non tw roms waiting on stable version and will give a go use phone for business and home. Keep up the good work ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Darn wrong thread. Will be working on tje next build today. Got beanstalk done so except the camera issue.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: philseven

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
There is no real difference between 4.4-4.4.4 as far as the kernel goes. You want the cm version of plasma for this rom

Reactions: aheeejd

aheeejd

Yes yes, I don't know where my head was at, I haven't flashed this rom yet, I'm running rootbox, from the thread that is locked here in the forums, its 4.4.2 & I flashed the cm kernel & it didn't go well, maybe I should have tried the pa plasma, I think there's a pa one. But when I do flash this I'll be flashing the cm one like jl says. Thanks guys.

Yup, I got it, rootbox is 4.2, so, I just got confused, no pa plasma for 4.2, all these 4's lol

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Yes yes, I don't know where my head was at, I haven't flashed this rom yet, I'm running rootbox, from the thread that is locked here in the forums, its 4.4.2 & I flashed the cm kernel & it didn't go well, maybe I should have tried the pa plasma, I think there's a pa one. But when I do flash this I'll be flashing the cm one like jl says. Thanks guys.

Yup, I got it, rootbox is 4.2, so, I just got confused, no pa plasma for 4.2, all these 4's lol

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Yeah rootbox ended after 4.2.2

Reactions: aheeejd

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Yeah, I just wasn't paying attention, even with all the #'s right in front of my face lol. But it's all good, I remembered slesh had a kernel, the governor. So I flashed that & all good.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Rootbox was one of my favs before they ended. All the custom settings they had made it nice. The only I have found since that is in the same league is beanstalk.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Change logs

3-7-13

First build
    Looks like everything works

Downloads

3-7-13 build
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407576813 -- Android File Host
    http://goo.im/devs/jlmancuso/sprint-note-2/mahdi//mahdi_l900-ota-eng.jlmancuso.zip -- Goo.im

New builds will be here http://android.aokforums.com/samsung-note-2-roms-vf4.html

Although I will keep helping with those here on xda
    Yeah still got it sitting here.......might let the kids duel for it :)

Well you might want to hang on to it for a few days and try out the new builds I have going. With some help from sleshepic I am now on a roll and pumping out a few new things. This one (mahdi) is fully working and I am building a fully working beanstalk atm. Then on to Chaos and then baked KK.

Also unlike most 4.4 KK roms this one (mahdi) has a much louder speaker volume both external and on calls. I am trying to find the exactly what the modifications are so I can add them into all my builds. That way users wont need any add-ons to boost the volume.
    Jlmancuso I found the ROM but which gapps should I use? Just want to make sure I got the right one

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I will link a few a 4.4 core gapps along with slims gapps. Although any current 4.4 version should be fine.
    I first would like to say that all credit for this ROM and everything in it belongs to the creator, Mahdi786! He put in all the long hours, days, weeks into this project of his, he deserves all the credit and all the thanks for this ROM! So please lets give a huge thank you to Mahdi786!
    THANK YOU!![/CENTER]

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards
     */

Installation instructions
    Installing Mahdi-Rom for the first time, or coming from another ROM:
    - Make sure you're running Philz 6.07.9 use of any other recovery will not be supported! http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/l900
    - Copy GApps and ROM ZIP to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Format following these instructions http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2648855
    - Follow option B instruction set
    - Flash Mahdi-Rom zip from SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!

-InCallUI FC - How to fix this: Open Phone, go to settings, turn reverse lookup off then back on, no more FC ;)

Upgrading from another 4.4 Rom:
    - Copy the ROM ZIP to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery (Please use Philz)
    - Choose factory reset then clean to install new rom
    - Flash the ROM zip from SDCard
    - Reboot

Source
    -HERE
    Issues
    GPS
    Superuser
    Themes