[Q] [HELP] Updating to newest firmware on UB and flashing new Rom.

Search This thread

Urosq

Sep 4, 2012
Hi guys. I have a c6903 and on 14.2.A.1.136 firmware i unlocked my bootloader and i installed the AOSB project Rom. And i saw the new firmware coming out, KK so i downloaded PAC rom, newest nightly one, fastbooted kernel, flashed rom and gapps and all seems to be working fine, few reboots here and there and some FCs. My question is, will everything be better if i flash the 757 firmware and can i flash the Nut version or should i flash one from Mega ftf collection? I am also looking to install the Ihacker or just to remain at stock 757 firmware, now is that possible and how should i do it ? I know these are noob questions but i dont want to brick my phone. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Urosq

Sep 4, 2012
Hmmm, that is not the problem what is is that i dont understand the instruction on ihacker, this one in particural

Skip to the Last Step if you are already on Firmware - 14.3.A.0.757.
Install Kernel.ftf for C6903 (.757) or Kernel.ftf for C6902 (.757) with Flashtool to get compatible Kernel and Baseband.
Reboot and Enjoy.

I dont have a 757 firmware flashed on my phone, so should i flash it first, then fastboot ihacker kernel then proceed with install and at the end install this kernel.ftf for my 903 ? Or just without 757 fastboot kernel, and just at the end flash this kernel.ftf ? All of this gets kinda confusing sometimes to get my head around :rolleyes:

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Hmmm, that is not the problem what is is that i dont understand the instruction on ihacker, this one in particural

Install Kernel.ftf for C6903 (.757) or Kernel.ftf for C6902 (.757) with Flashtool to get compatible Kernel and Baseband.
Reboot and Enjoy.

I dont have a 757 firmware flashed on my phone, so should i flash it first, then fastboot ihacker kernel then proceed with install and at the end install this kernel.ftf for my 903 ? Or just without 757 fastboot kernel, and just at the end flash this kernel.ftf ? All of this gets kinda confusing sometimes to get my head around :rolleyes:

Code:
Skip to the Last Step if you are already on Firmware - 14.3.A.0.757
. if you don't have this installed then DO NOT skip the next step
Code:
Reboot and Enjoy.
so you must do this last step....

its in the instructions and seems self explanatory...

Reactions: Urosq

Urosq

Sep 4, 2012
Okey, thank you man, i just wanted to be sure, and i am sorry for taking up your time to answer on these trivial questions!

But aside from that does it make any difference at all, i mean on installing the new firmware or maybe its not different because the UB is unlocked.

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Okey, thank you man, i just wanted to be sure, and i am sorry for taking up your time to answer on these trivial questions!

But aside from that does it make any difference at all, i mean on installing the new firmware or maybe its not different because the UB is unlocked.

no, having a unlocked bootloader just means you can flash custom kernels.
it makes no difference to flashing to the system which installing a stock based rom does

Reactions: Urosq

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just flash them as the instructions say in the OP

Reboot and Enjoy.

Code:
    Skip to the Last Step if you are already on Firmware - 14.3.A.0.757
    . if you don't have this installed then DO NOT skip the next step
    Code:
    Reboot and Enjoy.
    so you must do this last step....

its in the instructions and seems self explanatory...

no, having a unlocked bootloader just means you can flash custom kernels.
    it makes no difference to flashing to the system which installing a stock based rom does