Search This thread

jtdc

Aug 17, 2008
Geylang
believe me when i say gingerbread is better than honeycomb

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Dec 1, 2008
Federal Way, WA, US
Honestly it isnt samsungs fault... they made a bastardized version of the p1000 stripping the 3G sim slot. And made it cheaper then the big bro p1000.

You as a costumer made the bad choise im afraid... a tab without 3G option is... wrong.

Good point, but some of us are actually ok without 3G. The other thing to consider is that someone at some point will get tired of the lack of support and either start doing something about it, or sell their tab. To quote Ghandi, "...you are the change you want to see in the world."

cyberpyr8

Jun 15, 2010
Savannah, GA
gplus.to
Honestly it isnt samsungs fault... they made a bastardized version of the p1000 stripping the 3G sim slot. And made it cheaper then the big bro p1000.

You as a costumer made the bad choise im afraid... a tab without 3G option is... wrong.

It is very much Samsung's fault. This is typical. They come out with a device and never update it. They will ship 10 more variations of it all with a version of Android that is out of date when it ships. I will not buy another Samsung tablet ever again. I won't buy another phone of theirs if it isn't a Nexus.

I have bought 3 Vibrant's, the Tab and a Galaxy Nexus. The only one I have ever received a successful OTA update to is the Nexus. Thank goodness for Taney and his GB ROM for the Tab. Otherwise I would have dumped this thing a while ago. I like the device but after using ICS all of the time now I don't want a GB device.

And I am near wifi all day long or I have my phone on me so that I can tether. Why would I want to buy a 3G device and add to battery drain and the expense of a carrier contract? Just because it doesn't make sense for you doesn't make it wrong for everyone. I prefer to be on wifi.

I may buy another tablet in May or June but it will be an ASUS tablet. They at least try to update their devices.

Land Master

Jun 18, 2010
Highlands Ranch, CO.
It is very much Samsung's fault. This is typical. They come out with a device and never update it. They will ship 10 more variations of it all with a version of Android that is out of date when it ships. I will not buy another Samsung tablet ever again. I won't buy another phone of theirs if it isn't a Nexus.

I have bought 3 Vibrant's, the Tab and a Galaxy Nexus. The only one I have ever received a successful OTA update to is the Nexus. Thank goodness for Taney and his GB ROM for the Tab. Otherwise I would have dumped this thing a while ago. I like the device but after using ICS all of the time now I don't want a GB device.

And I am near wifi all day long or I have my phone on me so that I can tether. Why would I want to buy a 3G device and add to battery drain and the expense of a carrier contract? Just because it doesn't make sense for you doesn't make it wrong for everyone. I prefer to be on wifi.

I may buy another tablet in May or June but it will be an ASUS tablet. They at least try to update their devices.

I agree with everything you said EXCEPT the Galaxy Nexus. I had two different ones and experienced nothing but issues. Eventually went with a Rezound. Either way glad yours works good. I wanted to love it but in the end it just turned out to be another Sammy POS in my opinion.

alexgogan

Feb 10, 2011
Dublin
www.gogan.com
Was going to buy the nexus, as actually like the build quaity of sammy but theen remembered the quality of the galasy s 1 then ohhhh no.

Waited for the razr then gave up and went back and bought xperia s which truely love.

Just very disappointed that they never upgrade their devices, only the tab got it 18 months after. They could have help by realising to the[blueinput demo] community.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using XDA

samcortez

Dec 11, 2011
Curitiba
Was going to buy the nexus, as actually like the build quaity of sammy but theen remembered the quality of the galasy s 1 then ohhhh no.

Waited for the razr then gave up and went back and bought xperia s which truely love.

Just very disappointed that they never upgrade their devices, only the tab got it 18 months after. They could have help by realising to the[blueinput demo] community.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using XDA
Bye the nexus. The nexus phone receive updates because Google make them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is to start some development interest in the P1010 wifi only model of the GT. There is a ton of work for the 1000's and little love for the wifi only version. There are a lot of users with this tablet due to its price at this point and its only fair that there is even development throughout the models. Otherwise its just as bad as Samsung not supporting it.

I will start with saying that I will gladly contribute $10 towards the cause.

Updates will come with each users post/contribution.

Besides. Usually before i buy a phone or tab i actually check out the level of development shown in the threads here.

| MIUI Powered Galaxy Tab | Tapatalk |
    There was start on this when getting honeycomb on the device then I was going to send a dev a p1010 once it was done on the p1000 to get things moving, but to be honest at this stage my son my spare one now and uses it to watch his movies (http://youtu.be/chT6cV3HuDU) and plays angry birds ... which is as much as this device is worth now. Do not think I will trust Sammy again in the hardware front!

If a dev is willing to start again would be willing to help. That or will wait till my lad learns how to code >:¬}