Fixing CWM ERROR CODE -6

Search This thread

AnDrOpErZ

Apr 20, 2012
Charlotte
Hello guys and today i will show you how to get your Updater-Script to work if you are getting that Status Code -6 Error etc.. If you are creating a script from scratch, The solution is make sure LETTERS ARE IN "UNIX CODE". Im Guessing by default they will be in windows code. So to convert the script to UNIX Code, Simply open up Notepad++ and Click the Edit tab. Scroll down to " EOL Conversion "
and you will see three options. *WINDOWS FORMAT, *UNIX FORMAT, *MAC FORMAT. Simply select the UNIX FORMAT option. And there you go. Your script should now work. If you are building off of a used script it should already be in unix code. If you are still getting the error, Check your "ui_print" Codes to see if they are properly written. EX. of a ui_print code

ui_print(" This is the proper way to write a ui print");
Thanks for reading.! :)

Reactions: iONEx

MДЯCЦSДИT

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 21, 2010
Or you could just use a Unix based OS to make ROMs. Just trolling (but Linux OSes are better than Windows) . I recommend LMDE.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

AnDrOpErZ

Apr 20, 2012
Charlotte
I Agree, Im Actually thinking about getting a linux based pc or Bootable .ISO strictly for rom development. Until then im stuck with horrible Windows 7.

MДЯCЦSДИT

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 21, 2010
I Agree, Im Actually thinking about getting a linux based pc or Bootable .ISO strictly for rom development. Until then im stuck with horrible Windows 7.

While installing LMDE you can just create a second partition and install it there so then you can dual boot windows and Linux.

Reactions: AnDrOpErZ

nikon120

Oct 3, 2010
Windows 7 is actually pretty damn good compared to XP and the previews of Windows 8.

I just run VMs of linux rather than multi-booting.

ÜBER™

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Windows 7 is actually pretty damn good compared to XP and the previews of Windows 8.

+1 7 isn't that bad... I mean linux is > but still its not all that bad. Windows 8 doesn't look very good imo unless you get it out of that tablet style crap... only con to vm's are they are SLOW vs. Dual-booting.

b2e7f38f-aa3d-491f-b27a-98a56d3b7a9f.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

pvtjoker42

Dec 12, 2008

awesome pic is awesome! :D

If there's no way to get around/away from the metro UI, there's no way i'll be using win 8 for anything.

Also look into Wubi, it allows you to create basically a dual boot system without having to partition a drive. If i remember right it basically creates an ever expanding iso image and boots from that.

jbadboy2007

Sep 22, 2010
Lansing MI
+1 7 isn't that bad... I mean linux is > but still its not all that bad. Windows 8 doesn't look very good imo unless you get it out of that tablet style crap... only con to vm's are they are SLOW vs. Dual-booting.

Guranteed lawsuit lol. Hopefully now so that crap just doesn't even get released.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hello guys and today i will show you how to get your Updater-Script to work if you are getting that Status Code -6 Error etc.. If you are creating a script from scratch, The solution is make sure LETTERS ARE IN "UNIX CODE". Im Guessing by default they will be in windows code. So to convert the script to UNIX Code, Simply open up Notepad++ and Click the Edit tab. Scroll down to " EOL Conversion "
    and you will see three options. *WINDOWS FORMAT, *UNIX FORMAT, *MAC FORMAT. Simply select the UNIX FORMAT option. And there you go. Your script should now work. If you are building off of a used script it should already be in unix code. If you are still getting the error, Check your "ui_print" Codes to see if they are properly written. EX. of a ui_print code

ui_print(" This is the proper way to write a ui print");
    Thanks for reading.! :)

While installing LMDE you can just create a second partition and install it there so then you can dual boot windows and Linux.