bluetooth tether connecting issues

Search This thread

xghostyxjokerx

Sep 26, 2009
help
i rooted both my Galaxy Note 2 "to enable root access and tethering option wif/bt". I rooted my Galaxy Gear and im trying to pair it up and its paired and working but still im not able to bluetooth tether between both units?? help would be appreciated...

redline57

Mar 26, 2011
MIAMI
help
i rooted both my Galaxy Note 2 "to enable root access and tethering option wif/bt". I rooted my Galaxy Gear and im trying to pair it up and its paired and working but still im not able to bluetooth tether between both units?? help would be appreciated...

did u enable the option on the phone and then Gear.?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

redline57

Mar 26, 2011
MIAMI
Phone

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388962729663.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388962729663.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 132

almulder1092

Oct 11, 2013
help

Thanks for moving your question. Just want to keep the development thread clean.

here is a chance that your phone is not sending the correct BT tether profile so that your gear can find it. If all else fails check out my tutorials. If you need more help after that let us know!

Reactions: xghostyxjokerx

xghostyxjokerx

Sep 26, 2009
did u enable the option on the phone and then Gear.?

so i enable the bluetooth tether on the phone after its paired with the gear via bluetooth then i go into the tether settings and enable it and i look back at the gear to see any changes to enable the internet but it doesnt pop up or anything

redline57

Mar 26, 2011
MIAMI
U need to enable both. Phone and Gear.
Phone u have the screenshot, now on gear press the option next to the name go down to the option that handles Internet

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

Here the gear setting
KeDCPswu

redline57

Mar 26, 2011
MIAMI
Dropbox did not load

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388963617185.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388963617185.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 66

xghostyxjokerx

Sep 26, 2009
U need to enable both. Phone and Gear.
Phone u have the screenshot, now on gear press the option next to the name go down to the option that handles Internet

i dont have that i just see pair and unpair

Attachments

• Screenshots_2014-01-05-18-08-06.png
    Screenshots_2014-01-05-18-08-06.png
    135.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 20140105_181702.jpg
    20140105_181702.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 68

redline57

Mar 26, 2011
MIAMI
that was my next question..
From what i know.. not a guru.
You should have the profile enabled.
Im on sprint and thats a native option on my phone to tether. Now on Gear, i alway had that option even from early version of Null.

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

Far as i can go... Hopefully one of the big guys woyld shine ur way

xghostyxjokerx

Sep 26, 2009
that was my next question..
From what i know.. not a guru.
You should have the profile enabled.
Im on sprint and thats a native option on my phone to tether. Now on Gear, i alway had that option even from early version of Null.

you say from your gear you had the option to enable the internet even before you turn your bt on? i might have to reinstall the null or maybe find a different rooted rom for my phone?

redline57

Mar 26, 2011
MIAMI
The option has been enabled from all null as well. Unless like he said.. The profile from the phone wouldn't support this option.
Come to think of it.. Might be the way ur profile on ur phone gets set with gear.

almulder1092

Oct 11, 2013
you say from your gear you had the option to enable the internet even before you turn your bt on? i might have to reinstall the null or maybe find a different rooted rom for my phone?

That means your phone does not support it fully. So you have 2 options.

Option 1) use 3rd party options like PdaNet+

Option 2) find a rom for your phone that supports it correctly.

See my tutorial for in for on 3rd party option. And yes it does work for Google play. But must be using null_17 and enable Network Spoofer

xghostyxjokerx

Sep 26, 2009
The option has been enabled from all null as well. Unless like he said.. The profile from the phone wouldn't support this option.
Come to think of it.. Might be the way ur profile on ur phone gets set with gear.

i guess ... i mean i was able to use wifi tether from my rooted phone as well as usb tether... this stinks lol.. tmobile note 2 smh,.,, at least i would have that rooted with another app such as foxfi and stuff would help but idk at this point...

xghostyxjokerx

Sep 26, 2009

See my tutorial for in for on 3rd party option. And yes it does work for Google play. But must be using null_17 and enable Network Spoofer

i will try to use a different rom but will try other apps..thanks

xghostyxjokerx

Sep 26, 2009

enable spoofer from gear? mobile or wifi?

fOmey

Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sydney, AUS
I've decided to include PdaNet with the next version of null, iv also optimized it for the gear display to fit nice.

Stay tuned for build 18 release.

Reactions: xghostyxjokerx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    help

Thanks for moving your question. Just want to keep the development thread clean.

here is a chance that your phone is not sending the correct BT tether profile so that your gear can find it. If all else fails check out my tutorials. If you need more help after that let us know!
    I've decided to include PdaNet with the next version of null, iv also optimized it for the gear display to fit nice.

Stay tuned for build 18 release.