[Q&A][AOKP][4.4] AOKP Questions & Answers

Search This thread

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
And can I flash this with just hboot 2.15? Or is it mandatory for modded twrp?

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

raisage

Oct 27, 2010
Toronto
min.us
Do I flash these gapps? Looks like its too small of a file.

I recommend you use the Modular Mini package from here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942

And can I flash this with just hboot 2.15? Or is it mandatory for modded twrp?

You will need the modified TWRP or CWM to flash this and other KitKat ROMs, please see this post for links:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48976104&postcount=1

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
Yea. I know about the modded twrp. Last time I flashed it I had issues

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

I flash cwm like I did with mod twrp eh?

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
Lol OK.

chris

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

K. Flashing now. Looks promising

chris

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Only quirk is that I can't change hardware keys

chris

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
I even tried clearing ROM control cache

chris

---------- Post added at 03:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 AM ----------

OK. Let me try that.

chris

---------- Post added at 03:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 AM ----------

Wait. I did try change ing recents. That's what didn't work

chris

---------- Post added at 03:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 AM ----------

Ok. Changed recent and rebooted. Thanks. It worked

chris

raisage

Oct 27, 2010
Toronto
min.us
I even tried clearing ROM control cache

chris

---------- Post added at 03:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 AM ----------

OK. Let me try that.

chris

---------- Post added at 03:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 AM ----------

Wait. I did try change ing recents. That's what didn't work

chris

---------- Post added at 03:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 AM ----------

Ok. Changed recent and rebooted. Thanks. It worked

chris

You're welcome, and good night! I gotta hit the hay :)

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
Hardware keys

OK. Which do I chose for recent apps? Like other ROMs when long pressing home...app switcher,search or etc?

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
Ok. Thanks. I just wanted to know before rebooting. I hear u hafta reboot to apply changes.

Thx again

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
rom is sweet..no doubt..but i cant get it to be recognized by computer. i have installed all the tools and stuff so its not that. i went ahead and reflashed twrp 2.6.3 from the compatible cwm for this rom..i then
went ahead and restored my evita to android 4.3 and pc recognized it.

anybody know why this is? is it cuz its an early build of kk and there arent any drivers for my device?

raisage

Oct 27, 2010
Toronto
min.us
rom is sweet..no doubt..but i cant get it to be recognized by computer. i have installed all the tools and stuff so its not that. i went ahead and reflashed twrp 2.6.3 from the compatible cwm for this rom..i then
went ahead and restored my evita to android 4.3 and pc recognized it.

anybody know why this is? is it cuz its an early build of kk and there arent any drivers for my device?

I had a similar problem, I was able to get the phone to show up as a Mass Storage Device, but then ADB wouldn't work. I had to uninstall the device, install Koush's Universal ADB Driver, and then let Windows rediscover the phone and install that driver.

Now I'm having problems with my Samsung... :rolleyes:

Reactions: chrisb906

raisage

Oct 27, 2010
Toronto
min.us
I can also vouch for the last two posters. I haven't had ADB working while the ROM is running for a while now. Fastboot works fine, and the device is recognized in ADB when in recovery, but not in the ROM.

If you find whatever Windows thinks the phone is listed as and uninstall that device, reseat the USB cable and you should be able to have Windows install the correct driver. It should look something like the attached pic. At least that's what worked for me.

Attachments

• ADB.png
    ADB.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 47

raisage

Oct 27, 2010
Toronto
min.us
Thanks! No expectations, and again, nothing urgent. Its cold in Wisconsin, so the less I have to reach in my pocket and take my gloves off the better :)

Sent from my HTC One X (Evita) running AOKP Unofficial nightlies 1.8 and Torched 3.2 No OC/VC.

I haven't tested it yet, but this might be worth looking into regarding the inline controls incompatibility:

http://www.xda-developers.com/andro...sony-xperia-z-ultra-this-tutorial-might-help/

I'll give it a shot tomorrow, and see if it helps.

---------- Post added at 04:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 AM ----------

Unfortunately it didn't work, the Key Test app didn't register anything when I pressed the inline control button, and the other recommended app didn't do anything either. Sorry.

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
Yea..I tried that too..no luck. :(

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

Yea..I tried that too..no luck. :(

im downloading koush adb driver now. should i go back to my kk rom when its done or can i just plug in phone with current rom(cm 10.2.1)?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So is art not working on the current release? My ui crashed after I switch from dalvik to art...

Hmm thats odd what version? of the rom. Does anyone else have this issue? Also try to see if it happens by switching again. Did you do a clean install of the rom when you first started this rom?

Edit:: Sorry guys no worries didnt die. Time Waner Cable had messed up our wireless and TV cable. Thank goodness they came to fix it even on a Sunday. Took 3 calls for them to. Ill my college homework is online. :p But wifi is fxed nightlies will be back tonight!
    Much respect to you and your efforts! Also happy to see you put something together @Techinstein!
    You are awesome , no need to apologies !!!

Sent from my One xl

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

This is a cm screen shot ?!.....

Sent from my One xl

Thanks

Version 2.11 be uploaded and released in an hour or so. I am planning on adding Halo what do you guys think? Will be a 2 in 1 thread again once i have official version. >.-
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that one because I don't use it.

Sent from my Evita