Ascend P6 B510 Official Android 4.4 KitKat Update Released in Europe

Search This thread
Jan 12, 2014
Help Please!!!!

Need Help. As mentioned on the site i renamed the file to update.zip and placed it in dload folder without extracting. Then when I try updating using the local update option it fails. When it boots into recovery I then select the install update from external sdcard option but I cannot see any dload or update.zip folder.. (just to be sure I copied the files to both my external card and the internal storage). Infact no file shows up when I select update from external storage..

My emui version was initially b125 which I upgraded to b132 using the UPDATE.APP file and local update option. I have done a factory reset of my phone and all the system apps are installed and working. I have no idea how to update from this zip file so please please any help will be much appreciated.

UPDATE:
This is the exact error when I try local update:
E:failed to mount /sdcard (No such file or directory)
E: Can't mount /sdcard/dload/update.zip

Last edited:

ICTNERD

May 8, 2014
Ede
When updating to B510 version i get the status 7 error messege.
updating from B125 version, have treid it also from B132 but not working, something with mismatch in version.
so i'm a bit stuck here in version B125...

ICTNERD

May 8, 2014
Ede
When updating to B510 version i get the status 7 error messege.
updating from B125 version, have treid it also from B132 but not working, something with mismatch in version.
so i'm a bit stuck here in version B125...

so factory default, B125, then update to B132, then factory default, then B510 loading as a update.zip
finally it worked, now running B510 android 4.4.2. during updating I have seen the huawei bootloader and on the buttom of that screen powered by ANDROID... the little difference makes the trick working...

ez.ahmed

May 19, 2008
Is very simple mate, but I don't know if you understand .. :D

So, please put OmniROM 4.4.3 on your device !

- copy UPDATE.APP from B132 to external sdcard/dload folder ;

- go to TWRP and wipe : cache, dalvik-cache, data , cust & system !

- reboot to bootloader from TWRP !

- flash stock boot.img from B506CN ( fastboot flash boot boot.img )

- flash stock recovery.img B506CN ( fastboot flash recovery recovery.img )

- reboot your device ( fastboot reboot )

- now try to flash UPDATE.APP by combo key !

That's all -> now you are on Stock B132 !

Thanks for the clear instructions. I followed them to the letter. But still get the Huawei SD Card Update fail. Any suggestions? By the way I have unlocked bootloader.

Thanks in advance.

ez.ahmed

May 19, 2008
NTFS : Format your sdcard.

Thanks for the reply. I formated my SD Card to NTFS & tried again. Stock recovery was unable to mount the SD Card and update failed again. Now I am stuck on stock recovery with no ROM Installed on the phone. I Can't even flash any Zip because i get the error that the zip is not signed. Please help me. I just need to install TWRP recovery. from there I will figure out my way.

XDAvatar

Jun 12, 2014
Thanks for the reply. I formated my SD Card to NTFS & tried again. Stock recovery was unable to mount the SD Card and update failed again. Now I am stuck on stock recovery with no ROM Installed on the phone. I Can't even flash any Zip because i get the error that the zip is not signed. Please help me. I just need to install TWRP recovery. from there I will figure out my way.

Flash TWRP .img file through adb.

Reactions: ez.ahmed

ez.ahmed

May 19, 2008
Flash TWRP .img file through adb.

How do i go to bootloader mode. I don't have a working ROM. Is there any key combination to go to fastboot/bootloader mode??

Edit: I figured it out. Press Power Button + Volume Down button for like 10 seconds to go to bootloader mode & flash TWRP img.
Thanks a million for the support.
keep up the good work.

Last edited:

naginata

Nov 28, 2005
Nop, you shouldn't wipe Internal Storage on TWRP ! I already downgraded ( and more than once ) from OmniROM 4.4.3 directaly to UPDATE.APP from B132, but wiped all without Internal and External Storage .

Now , you can try with intermediate UPDATE.APP before flash UPDATE.APP from B132.

Good luck .

Hello,

i got problem. i follow your method in order to downgrade from omnirom to kitkat stock but my p6 is blocked on logo. When i do the combo (power,vol + and vol- holded in same time?), nothing happens. DLOAD (update) on SD card.

And i don't remember if i did a wipe internal or not. During the TWRP, i got the message "no os, sure to reboot" or something like that.

Someone got solution, please?. Thx

shameerahmed

Apr 28, 2012
Update failing on B510 beta by Reyncla

Please help me. I am on B510 beta by Reyncla. When i try to update to B510, i get error

file_getprop: failed to stat "/system/build.prop", No such file or directory
E: Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(status 7)
Formatting cache ...
Installation aborted.

saeedrmd

Feb 28, 2013
Please Help

Hello Every one. my phone has stock rom B125 but it is rooted. does it cause any problem if i upgrade to B132 and then B157? thank you for answering my friends

blueIBI

Jun 9, 2012
@naginata..
you must flash a stock recovery (depending on what you want: b125 stock recovery for JB or b510/512 for KK..
so try to start your phone in bootloader mode (don't know the combo of keys to press..i think it was vol- and power togehter! for 5-7 sec)..then you should see the ascend logo (stuck)..
connect your phone to pc..if some drivers are missing install them..
then open a cmd window and type adb devices..your phone should be found (if hisuite showed up - close it before you open cmd window)..
then push the chosen stock recovery with “fastboot flash recovery bxxx.img“ onto your phone..you could do the same with a boot.img (must be from the same version as the recovery): fastboot flash boot boot.img
then you disconnect your phone from pc..
put the update.app from your desired version onto a sdcard in a folder named dload..put this sd card in your phone a do a forced update (push and hold power,vol+ & vol- together until you see yellow letters and the android figure - then release these buttons..
if everything went well your phone will now install a new firmware and (after a while - between 3 to 8 min) you will have a functional phone :)..

Gesendet von meinem P6-U06

lossovidiu

Oct 31, 2012
Brasov
Hello, I know that this is an old thread, but can you please be so kind to provide another link for the B510.zip ?? The link in your post takes me to some sort of shopping Site. Thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    According to the latest reports we received from our readers, Huawei is finally pushing out official Android 4.4 update for people in some European countries such as Hungary,Romania and Czech Republic. This new B510 update seems to be the same one pushed to registered beta testers in Germany not too long ago. There is speculation and rumors going on that Huawei rushed and outed the beta firmware as official one, but knowing Huawei’s numbering scheme B510 still could be the final official one intended for release in Europe.

Here are some details about this official firmware

Compatible Model – Ascend P6-U06
    Firmware version – B510
    Android version – 4.4.2 KitKat
    Emotion UI version – EMUI 2.3
    Kernel version – 3.0.8-00787
    Size – 775MB
    Region – Europe
    English language is included

We won’t go through describing the changelog here because you guys have probably know the changes by now because of the leaked and official Chinese firmwares. Basically this update brings the new EMUI 2.3 user interface and few new software additions to the camera and power saving features.

Again we still don’t know why Huawei pushed B510 firmware as a beta one to Germany and as a official one to others. The download file below is obtained from the official B510 release and not the B510 German beta release. So if future proves that both B510 aren’t the same you can be rest assured that we have provided you the official release.

Make sure that you are running B132 firmware before installing this new B510 release. This B510 was pushed to the users running official B132 firmware http://huaweinews.com/2014/03/ascend-p6-b132-firmware/ and early adopters of B510 reported us that B510 won’t install correctly as the previous leaked KitKat firmwares unless you are running B132 prior installing B510.

Download link - http://dl.huaweinews.com/Roms/Ascend-P6/B510.zip

Please report the issues and your thoughts about this firmware in the comments below so other readers will be aware of it.

Source: http://huaweinews.com/
    Hello !

This update work only for Stock Huawei Firmware B132 JB and also for Stock Huawei Beta B510 KitKat !

If you have issue to update from this two stock firmware, it seems that your stock rom in your device was modified , so you should put all the files back .

For all device already updated to KitKat but not Beta 510 , you can downgrade by installing a intermediate step ( update.app ) . Only now you are able to flash Stock B132 UPDATE.APP by /dload method .

For all device already updated to OmniROM KitKat 4.4.3, you can directly downgrade to B132 ( without install intermediate step update.app ) .
    Put UPDATE.APP from Stock B132 in external sdcard/dload directory, also you should put back stock boot.img & recovery.img ( for B506 ) from second post TWRP 2.7.0.0 ! After these three steps you can downgrade by pressing combo key . ( Before put back stock recovery from B506, please go to TWRP recovery and wipe : cache, dalvik-cache, cust, data & system ) .

Good luck !
    i tried that ...with no success...twrp with any rom i poot in it works but original recovery not...
    from omni there is not possibility to update the normal way
    i allso installed with twrp KK_ Huawei P6__International-BbN _ SLMINSK repack_CN and after that flashed b510 recovery...from here tried to update the normal way with the intermediate ...and allso ful update.app...with no luck
    i understand that my mistake was wipeing the internal storage
    if there is a fix to all this i am all years...eyes
    thanks

Ok, why not try reinstalling OmniROM 4.4.3, and then to start again to downgrade ?
    well...i did that of course...with no success...since u can't do a normal dload/UPDATE.APP from OmnROM 4.4.3
    i do not know what am i doing wrong
    but i bet is something stupid and simple

Is very simple mate, but I don't know if you understand .. :D

So, please put OmniROM 4.4.3 on your device !

- copy UPDATE.APP from B132 to external sdcard/dload folder ;

- go to TWRP and wipe : cache, dalvik-cache, data , cust & system !

- reboot to bootloader from TWRP !

- flash stock boot.img from B506CN ( fastboot flash boot boot.img )

- flash stock recovery.img B506CN ( fastboot flash recovery recovery.img )

- reboot your device ( fastboot reboot )

- now try to flash UPDATE.APP by combo key !

That's all -> now you are on Stock B132 !
    please can anyone tell me how to upgrade it ...
    i have the B510 beta on my phone
    Unzip the zip file to the SD card and select Local Update ;)