[CLOSED] Vivid ICS Tweaks V2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator
ATTN: I have decided to not post the tweak app at this time. I also haven't been updating the APM/EQS apps & will not do either for the time being. The reason I have decided not to release the app or the other mods, which have vastly improved, is because of the kang 7-zip modders that think they can just rip off anyones work & then post at Root Wiki or another site & that makes it okay. While I did not creat the original mods or tweak app, I collaborated with the original developers & actually took from my free time to learn how to make the mods & port other tweaks to the Vivid. I will probably eventually release the complete mod & tweak package, but for now I will only be developing it further for the WCX rom series since WC was the only dev that replied to my collaboration request & actually has worked on the project with me. There is a rom with all of the mods & tweaks fully functioning & that have all the connection icons fixed & other features added, but it is in final beta right now & whether it gets a thread here to be kanged without permission or credit will be the option of the cook. Again, I am not saying I won't post it, just for now I am going to focus on the WCX Vivid Tweaks Version & other mods for that rom.

Here it comes, This is the first complete release of the Tweaks app for the Vivid/Raider with Generic styling & images. This tweak app includes updated APM, EQS, MMS & Rosie Tweaks/Settings & just about all the tweaks in the Sensation forum LeeDroid Tweaks App by J4n87.

More info to follow with upload tonight or tomorrow.

Available Tweaks

Statusbar:

• hide and reorder quicksetting
  • hide specific notifications icons: alarm/gps/bluetooth/wifi/data/headset/volume
  • hide wifi config
  • center/hide clock
  • choose clock color
  • Battery Tweaks with MIUI Battery bar!
    [*] custom statusbar caption
    [*] Recent apps button with longpress action
    [*] quick quicksettings toggle: if not notification to clear, show immediatly quicksettings
    [*] Notification Pulldown Transparancy toggle
    [*] Different statusbar transparencys

Lockscreen:

• ICS AOSP Lockscreen
  • custom carrier lockscreen text
  • toggle to use menu key to unlock
  • Volume wake toggle

Rosie Launcher:

• toggle between normal/supersmooth and ultra smooth rosie
  • unlock animation toggle(annoying carousell animation, each time you unlock)
  • 5 column app drawer toggle
  • paginated app drawer toggle
  • App drawer transparency toggle
  • Hide navbar lables
  • Transparency toggle for navbar

Others:

• Phone Info: menu when you type *#*#4636#*#* in the dialer
  • Dim the backlight of capacitive buttons
  • 10 different overscroll colors!
  • Mms screen on
  • Toggle APM Items
  • Different Autobrighntess levels
  • Define different volume steps

Advanced Tweaks:

• Mount system rw/ro
  • Wipe cache/dalvik
  • Wipe Battery stats
  • Fix permissions
  • zipalaign apks
  • set sd cache

Additional Infos

Thanks and credits to:

• J4n87 for the creation of original app with richmondo & m0narx & J4n87 for taunting & challenging me to work out the port for the Holiday Device line myself.
  • Romanbb for the original Mod for the GB Sensation
  • Wild Child & WCX users for testing & helping with Vivid
  • HomeSlice for helping out with correcting LTE icons & animations.

Last edited:

Jirv311

Mar 30, 2008
Johnstown
Wow, everything I ever wanted from a "tweak". :D

Very nice work to anyone involved.

Especially the option to toggle that damn carousel animation when unlocking. Completely useless for an animation.

valve timing

May 27, 2010
I got drunk last night and I was hoping when I woke up the dl link would be present.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

zacgoesrawr

Mar 4, 2012
Bay Area, CA
give em' a break guys lol he's doing his best to get it out asap
YOU GO GIRL
tumblr_m2k8khiTnL1qlcump.gif

djfrost40

Apr 4, 2010
Im thinking by the weekend this might be out...maybe. I'll check back on Sunday or Monday. But very nice work to everyone involved looks promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ATTN: I have decided to not post the tweak app at this time. I also haven't been updating the APM/EQS apps & will not do either for the time being. The reason I have decided not to release the app or the other mods, which have vastly improved, is because of the kang 7-zip modders that think they can just rip off anyones work & then post at Root Wiki or another site & that makes it okay. While I did not creat the original mods or tweak app, I collaborated with the original developers & actually took from my free time to learn how to make the mods & port other tweaks to the Vivid. I will probably eventually release the complete mod & tweak package, but for now I will only be developing it further for the WCX rom series since WC was the only dev that replied to my collaboration request & actually has worked on the project with me. There is a rom with all of the mods & tweaks fully functioning & that have all the connection icons fixed & other features added, but it is in final beta right now & whether it gets a thread here to be kanged without permission or credit will be the option of the cook. Again, I am not saying I won't post it, just for now I am going to focus on the WCX Vivid Tweaks Version & other mods for that rom.

Here it comes, This is the first complete release of the Tweaks app for the Vivid/Raider with Generic styling & images. This tweak app includes updated APM, EQS, MMS & Rosie Tweaks/Settings & just about all the tweaks in the Sensation forum LeeDroid Tweaks App by J4n87.

More info to follow with upload tonight or tomorrow.

Available Tweaks

Statusbar:

• hide and reorder quicksetting
    • hide specific notifications icons: alarm/gps/bluetooth/wifi/data/headset/volume
    • hide wifi config
    • center/hide clock
    • choose clock color
    • Battery Tweaks with MIUI Battery bar!
      [*] custom statusbar caption
      [*] Recent apps button with longpress action
      [*] quick quicksettings toggle: if not notification to clear, show immediatly quicksettings
      [*] Notification Pulldown Transparancy toggle
      [*] Different statusbar transparencys

Lockscreen:

• ICS AOSP Lockscreen
    • custom carrier lockscreen text
    • toggle to use menu key to unlock
    • Volume wake toggle

Rosie Launcher:

• toggle between normal/supersmooth and ultra smooth rosie
    • unlock animation toggle(annoying carousell animation, each time you unlock)
    • 5 column app drawer toggle
    • paginated app drawer toggle
    • App drawer transparency toggle
    • Hide navbar lables
    • Transparency toggle for navbar

Others:

• Phone Info: menu when you type *#*#4636#*#* in the dialer
    • Dim the backlight of capacitive buttons
    • 10 different overscroll colors!
    • Mms screen on
    • Toggle APM Items
    • Different Autobrighntess levels
    • Define different volume steps

Advanced Tweaks:

• Mount system rw/ro
    • Wipe cache/dalvik
    • Wipe Battery stats
    • Fix permissions
    • zipalaign apks
    • set sd cache

Additional Infos

Thanks and credits to:

• J4n87 for the creation of original app with richmondo & m0narx & J4n87 for taunting & challenging me to work out the port for the Holiday Device line myself.
    • Romanbb for the original Mod for the GB Sensation
    • Wild Child & WCX users for testing & helping with Vivid
    • HomeSlice for helping out with correcting LTE icons & animations.
    What a joke.

This thread along with GSLeon/WildChild's attitude toward the android community is so absurdly ridiculous and contradictory to their actions, I can't hold my well supported thoughts on this subject in any longer.

A few issues currently facing our beloved community have arisen to my attention, as well as our dev team's attention. The first is all the so called roms floating around with just TONS of useless init.d scripts that don't even function properly, do anything, and even mess up the /cache partition. This is like going to wal-mart to get more fake chrome "tuner kits" to make your 1980's crx go faster. Spoiler: it won't.

The next issue is how so many people who are modifying closed, licensed code (HTC Roms) in smali, are making a large fuss over other folks using their "tweaks," or "code." YOU ARE NOT HTC. You did not license the code you're modifying, another vendor did. Therefore, it's an obscene gesture to attempt to stop others from using modifications to already compiled vendor smali. It's going to happen no matter what, just as you modified someone else's code, and used it as a base. How many ROM developers (copy/paste kangers) actually thank HTC for the base they use?

One question gsleon, and WildChild: how many characters of original code do you actually have? I'd really love you to count. If you have anywhere over 1/3rd of the number of characters HTC uses to build a vendor overlay alone, you might have a case. Otherwise shut and stop "developing" if this is how you treat it.

TL;DR:.
    That is enough!

If you want to bicker and be disrespectful, bring it to IRC. Next person to post negative comments in this thread will get my whip.
    Oh my God here we go again. :/

With all due respect, because I very much respect you GS, holding this tweaks app back on xda is only going to fragment this community even more. This is just something we don't need. :(

However, I completely understand your reasoning though. I just hope you can overlook this because there are those of us who very much care and are trying to make this a better place. :) In the end though, it is entirely your decision to make.

Sent from my HTC Vivid
    First of all, you are an ignorant foul mouthed idiot that obviously doesn't understand licensing.

Firstly I left the original beta mods there & open for others to use, I just am not updating them myself since people couldn't listen. I could've waited to post anything, but I gave others the benefit of the doubt & posted the beta so others could contribute & try them.

As for the Tweaks app, it is not HTC's. It was taken from 100% source & even built. It would fall under apache if so chosen, however as user side code, it can be denied, sold or whatever myself & the other developers choose. It is 100% code written by xda users & not subject to your moronic opinion.

As for HTC, I actually have contacts there & routinely make suggestions, give praise (when well deserved) & ask questions about developing interfaces such as the Tweak app.

So if you want to modify the code & make a better mod or write your own Tweaks app, then go ahead. Oh wait, you probably are one of those 7z cooks that can't even get a rom to boot yet, let alone create an app using c++ or even basic Eclipse w/ant, IDE...

No, instead you want to take the mods that others take the time to understand & create or enhance & you are so upset because you obviously don't have the capability to learn or you after just too lazy to do so.

As for Roms, I don't cook roms for the public & initially set out on this project to create something that Cooks & devs could use & add to. Very few have added anything & all I asked was that no one used them for a public build until completed. If you are going to use a mod & attribute me in your rom, then I want it to work 100%. People disregarded that on day one, so I stopped updating it publicly.

As for init.d scripts, I personally don't use any, so I don't know what the heck that has to do with anything. Just incoherent babbling as far as I can tell.

Know I am starting to understand why the devs that left xda are so back & forth about returning. Because of people like you. So go pound sand.

This thread is also my opinion & has nothing to do with WC aside from the fact that he actually participated in the development & progression of the mods & tweaks.

Mod Edit: Removed post due to language. ~TRM