19th April 2013, 10:40 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag in the basement...
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecUpwN

How about releasing a version under a different name for rooted custom ROMs containing the changes required to run all sending options? Would be cool!

OK, I took the time yesterday evening and build such a version. I have tested it on my Galaxy Tab with CM10 and it works just fine. All message options are available and all can be sent. I will think about how to integrate a fair licensing so that maybe users who bought the original version can additionally use the ROOT version for custom ROMs.

I'll keep this thread updated and as soon as I have something published I'll write it here.

Cheers

19th April 2013, 04:35 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag in the basement...

More
Talking HushSMS ROOT is ready to be tested!
I'm looking for a Beta Tester for the ROOT Version of HushSMS.

Requirements:

- Rooted Device
- Custom ICS or JB ROM (Stock wont work!)
- Already purchased HushSMS from the Play Store and have it installed

What you will get (if everythings right):

- The first one with a fully working version of HushSMS even if you don't have sendRawPdu API Method implemented

Instructions:

- You will get a File or Link where you can download the App
- Copy it to your PC/MAC
- Connect your phone via USB
- Open a console and change to the dir where you saved the file
- Type "adb root" (without the quotes of course)
- Then type "adb remount"
- Then type "adb push HushSMS-ROOT.apk /system/app/"

After that you should be able to start the app right from your drawer. If you can't see it just reboot your device

Cheers,

Michael
The Following User Says Thank You to c0rnholio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift c0rnholio Ad-Free
15th May 2013, 11:25 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
me me me!

I have hushsms from market and HTC sensation with ICS 4.0.4 and HTC One with 4.1.2 both rooted ofc.

I love this software, been using since windows mobile times and it's great you ported it to android!
15th May 2013, 07:37 PM |#24  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 119

More
I can test as well! Purchased from the market already!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium HD app
16th May 2013, 04:01 PM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag in the basement...

More
Thank you for your kind offer to participate. There is currently an unresolved issue where the message types that can be sent currently with the regular play store version cannot be sent with the root version. However the message types like class0 and type0 can be sent.

I will come back to you guys for testing as soon as this issue is resolved.

Cheers
27th May 2013, 05:44 AM |#26  
Flag DEUTSCHLAND!
Thanks Meter: 655

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0rnholio

Thank you for your kind offer to participate. There is currently an unresolved issue where the message types that can be sent currently with the regular play store version cannot be sent with the root version. However the message types like class0 and type0 can be sent.

Were you able to fix it? What's the future plan for HushSMS? Two versions (one with ROOT to utilize all message types)? Or just one universal app?

Don't forget your fans!
The Following User Says Thank You to SecUpwN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SecUpwN Ad-Free
27th May 2013, 03:54 PM |#27  
OP Senior Member
Flag in the basement...

More
Quote:

Were you able to fix it? What's the future plan for HushSMS? Two versions (one with ROOT to utilize all message types)? Or just one universal app?

Don't forget your fans!

Hi SecUpwN,

Unfortunately I didn't had a chance to try bcause of my current workload. The plan is to fix this somehow so users of HushSMS with cyanogenmod will be able to use the full featureset of HushSMS. The current and regular version will stay as it is. All version will be enhanced with new message types over time.
In addition I am trying to patch the android framework during runtime to implement the missing API method in any ROM. If I get this running somehow I will post a guide here so anyone can try to accomplish the same on his own device so he can use the regular market version of HushSMS on any existing device.

I will never forget my fans (and customers btw). I am still and will always stay commited to my apps and try to push them to the max (...as my free time allows it )

Cheers,

Michael
The Following User Says Thank You to c0rnholio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift c0rnholio Ad-Free
12th June 2013, 06:26 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Flag in the basement...

More
Angry The wait is over...
...at least for some. It only works on cyanogenmod based ROMs.
Please read more here:

http://www.silentservices.de/?p=280

You will need to have the official Play Store version installed also in order to get the ROOT Edition to work.

Drop me line in case of any problems.

Cheers
12th June 2013, 06:41 PM |#29  
Flag DEUTSCHLAND!

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It only works on cyanogenmod based ROMs.

Thanks for your heads up, but will AOKP ever be supported? Currently using the one from helicopter88..
12th June 2013, 06:58 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Flag in the basement...

More
Smile
Quote:

Thanks for your heads up, but will AOKP ever be supported? Currently using the one from helicopter88..

In theory you should be able to make it compatible yourself. HushSMS ROOT Edition is signed with the ROM signing keys from CM. So you have to get the signing keys for the ROM you use. Then you need to unsign the HushSMS-ROOT.apk file and resign it with the key from your ROM. Then install as mentioned and everything should be fine.

Let me know how it comes out!
12th June 2013, 09:56 PM |#31  
Flag DEUTSCHLAND!

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

In theory you should be able to make it compatible yourself. HushSMS ROOT Edition is signed with the ROM signing keys from CM. So you have to get the signing keys for the ROM you use. Then you need to unsign the HushSMS-ROOT.apk file and resign it with the key from your ROM. Then install as mentioned and everything should be fine.

In theory. Practically, I use this AOKP by helicopter88 and lack a computer. Would you be able to compile a version working with this system? Please?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)