Get it from Google Play: External Keyboard Helper Pro
Make your Android device play nice with your non-US external keyboard.
A non visible soft keyboard (Input Method) intended to be used with hardware Bluetooth and USB keyboards. It automaticly detects Bluetooth keyboards (and in some cases also USB keyboards) and brings up the Input Method dialog. It also supports a lot of different keylayouts for non-US external keyboards.
This app does NOT require a rooted device.
- International keyboard layouts.
- Remaps the Escape key to BACK (optional)
- Allows you to control which characters should be threated as combining characters.
- A "null" Soft Keyboard to use with hardware keyboards (Bluetooth & USB).
- Automaticly brings up Input Method selection dialog when Bluetooth keyboard connects or disconnects.
- Automatic detection can also work with USB keyboards on some platforms (experimental)
- App that brings up Input Method selection (for easy access)
Currently supported keyboard layouts
- English (GB)
- English (US-International)
- French (Canada)
- French (France)
- French (Switzerland)
- German (Switzerland)
- Lithuanian (Numeric)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Portuguese (Portugal)
- Spanish (Latin America)
- Spanish (Spain/Int)
- Turkish (Q)
All layouts are based on standard USB Keyboard layouts. Bluetooth keyboards sometimes do not follow the standard completely but you can customize the layout yourself if it doesn't match perfectly.
Characters that can be threated as combining characters
- dialytika tonos
- dot above/dot below
- double acute
What it does NOT
- It won't fix your Bluetooth or USB connected keyboard if it wasn't working in the first place.
- It does not automaticly switch Input Method. It only shows the dialog and you will have to choose Input Method manually. This is an intentional limitation built into Android by Google. No app is allowed to change Input Method without user interaction (unless the app is a system app).
- Support for more keyboard layouts.
Support for manually remapping keys.
If requested I may also make it work on Android versions lower than 2.3.