Thanks Meter: 1,173

By kallt_kaffe, Senior Member on 11th March 2012, 08:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th April 2012, 04:02 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
hebrew language
hey,

i purchased your program and it looks like a great program but im unable to use it because it doesn't have the hebrew layout, is there a way to add it?

thanks.

17th April 2012, 08:03 PM |#12  

More
Hi, this app seems to really solve my problem of using keyboard to ssh. I am trying to map the ctrl key on my igo keyboard to send ctrl key code. But in the preset list of options i don't see ctrl as one of the options. Could you please help me out here.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA
19th April 2012, 10:03 AM |#13  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reachksv

Hi, this app seems to really solve my problem of using keyboard to ssh. I am trying to map the ctrl key on my igo keyboard to send ctrl key code. But in the preset list of options i don't see ctrl as one of the options. Could you please help me out here.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

The keycodes for the CTRL keys where added in Android 3.0 (API Level 11):
http://developer.android.com/referen...CODE_CTRL_LEFT

What version are you using?
19th April 2012, 11:11 AM |#14  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lxeran

hey,

i purchased your program and it looks like a great program but im unable to use it because it doesn't have the hebrew layout, is there a way to add it?

thanks.

Adding it is possible. You can even do it yourself allready with the customize feature if you know all the unicodes needed.

However Hebrew writes from right to left unless I am misinformed and I'm not sure if Android handles that automaticly. You can do some testing with the demo version. You'll find the unicodes here by putting the mouse pointer on each key:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/m...ds/kbdheb.html

Change U+NNNN to 0xNNNN and the codes will work directly in my app.

EDIT: Nevermind. Just tried adding two hebrew characters manually and at least in Android 4.0.4 where I test it automaticly handles this. I'll add Hebrew. You can do it yourself using the customize keymap feature if you do not want to wait.
19th April 2012, 07:35 PM |#15  

More
Wow!
This is great thank you.
I just finished adding the mapping, and i love it.
great product, good job!
23rd April 2012, 02:47 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lxeran

This is great thank you.
I just finished adding the mapping, and i love it.
great product, good job!

Let me know if the Hebrew layout in verison 2.5 is OK or if it need any adjustments.
23rd April 2012, 07:34 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
update to 2.5,

keyboard customize mapping somehow doesnt recognize the new mapping i inserted.

so i map manually the BT_HID.kl.

do you need any logcat?

using custom ROM HC on HTC Flyer
using GeneralKey Keyboard Bluetooth
24th April 2012, 12:52 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiziert

update to 2.5,

keyboard customize mapping somehow doesnt recognize the new mapping i inserted.

so i map manually the BT_HID.kl.

do you need any logcat?

using custom ROM HC on HTC Flyer
using GeneralKey Keyboard Bluetooth

- Did previous version work?
- Have you switched to External Keyboard Helper Pro input method?
- Have you enabled a "switch key" in advanced remapping and accidently switched mapping off?
- Is no key remapped at all or is it some specific keys that is not working?
- What device ID does your keyboard show if you use the "debugging" option in "Advanced settings"?
24th April 2012, 05:22 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
I've noticed that there is a "cracked" version of my app floating around. I honestly don't care if anyone cannot afford $3 to get their $50-$100 dollar keyboard to work correctly but what worries me is that this "cracked" version I found has been modified and resigned. About 30kb (or more) code has been added and I have no idea what the added code does because I have no intention to install that version.

I've added none of Googles Licensing code so there is nothing to "crack" in the app so there should be no reason whatsover for anyone to add about 30kb to the executable.

The site where I found it also offers tons of other "cracked" apps and most likely they have also been modified. Maybe they've "only" added advertisment code to profit from the "cracked" apps but I guess a more likely scenario is that they've added malicious code. If you for some reason choose to download a "cracked" version of an Android app, a "cracked" Input Method is propably the worst possible choice of app to pirate.

I've written a blog post about it with some more information about it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kallt_kaffe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kallt_kaffe Ad-Free
24th April 2012, 07:15 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallt_kaffe

- Did previous version work?

No, it didnt work.

Quote:

- Have you switched to External Keyboard Helper Pro input method?

External keyboard helper pro is selected

Quote:

- Have you enabled a "switch key" in advanced remapping and accidently switched mapping off?

Its enabled and assign to F12, which i can activated during the bluetooth keyboard usage.

Quote:

- Is no key remapped at all or is it some specific keys that is not working?

Keymapping is enabled, newlya assigned key is not working. predefine key work fine.

Quote:

- What device ID does your keyboard show if you use the "debugging" option in "Advanced settings"?

Device ID is -1
24th April 2012, 08:42 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiziert

Device ID is -1

This is the problem, 0 and negative device ids are usually built in buttons or on screen buttons so the app ignores them. I'll add an option to completely disable the device id filter in the next version.
The Following User Says Thank You to kallt_kaffe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kallt_kaffe Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)