24th April 2012, 08:42 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,173

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiziert

Device ID is -1

This is the problem, 0 and negative device ids are usually built in buttons or on screen buttons so the app ignores them. I'll add an option to completely disable the device id filter in the next version.
The Following User Says Thank You to kallt_kaffe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kallt_kaffe Ad-Free

26th April 2012, 04:58 AM |#22  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Just some info about what I'm working on:

- Possibility to turn off the device filter - DONE
- Option to manually enter the scancode instead of reading it from keypress - DONE
- Option to increase the delay before keyrepetition kicks in, and even disable key repetition completely - WIP but looks good so far.
27th April 2012, 08:05 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallt_kaffe

Just some info about what I'm working on:

- Possibility to turn off the device filter - DONE
- Option to manually enter the scancode instead of reading it from keypress - DONE
- Option to increase the delay before keyrepetition kicks in, and even disable key repetition completely - WIP but looks good so far.

is it possible to map function specified to each android roms (i.e. calling app drawer)?

(*i havent see the documentation of android sdk, and keymap, so just ignore me if this is written on those manuals. )
27th April 2012, 01:51 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiziert

is it possible to map function specified to each android roms (i.e. calling app drawer)?

(*i havent see the documentation of android sdk, and keymap, so just ignore me if this is written on those manuals. )

You have all the available keycodes here: http://developer.android.com/referen.../KeyEvent.html

You can also see in which API level they appeared.

Some keycodes can be remapped but others like "Home" are handled before the Input Method gets a chance to change them.

I do not think there is a keycode for the appdrawer but you can probably have some success with mapping other stuff like the volume keys.

EDIT: Here's the API levels explained: http://developer.android.com/guide/a...pi-levels.html
The Following User Says Thank You to kallt_kaffe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kallt_kaffe Ad-Free
28th April 2012, 11:38 PM |#25  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
What I'm working on now for 2.7:

* DVORAK layout - DONE
* Switch key now switch between primary and secondary layout - Almost done
* s with diaresis now produces the german "sharp s" - DONE
29th April 2012, 12:16 AM |#26  
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 6

More
thxxx mate awesome app
29th April 2012, 08:10 AM |#27  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallt_kaffe

What I'm working on now for 2.7:

* DVORAK layout - DONE
* Switch key now switch between primary and secondary layout - Almost done
* s with diaresis now produces the german "sharp s" - DONE

Version 2.7 is out now.
29th April 2012, 02:48 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hmm, have you got trial version ?
29th April 2012, 03:24 PM |#29  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpdg1

Hmm, have you got trial version ?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oardhelperdemo
7th May 2012, 07:19 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
apostrophe
Hello, I am using External Keyboard Helper with a US-layout hardware keyboard and the default us-international logical layout, since I am used to this to write Italian accented letters like àèìòù. Unluckily it seems that apostrophe ' and double quote " do not work as dead keys. Is it a'fault of my keyboard, or there is something I am missing?
8th May 2012, 07:47 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Remapping capslock
I generally map my capslock key to ctrl. However, this app doesn't seem to be giving me the option to remap capslock (or any modifier keys). The debug window reports capslock presses as scancode 58, but the "Customize keyboard mappings" window only goes up to keycode 53.

I am operating on a Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet with the Lenovo keyboard folio and Android 3.1 (stock). I have the "Override special keys" option checked, but it is not clear that it is doing anything.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)