By qs504792, Senior Member on 26th January 2013, 07:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th June 2013, 03:46 AM |#661  
Flag So. Cal.
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwcarbon

Anyone else annoyed by Radio auto start ? The radio reception is terrible (http://forum.parrot.com/usa/viewtopic.php?id=27963&p=2), and every time i start my car i have to pause it and turn on my internet radio. Any way to disable auto start tuner ?

I've tried having Tasker lowering the volume and then loading a music app like Winamp, but it loads so inconsistently it's not a solution. I've also tried three different app killing apps but none of them have worked. Please, I beg you, how do we kill this fracking cockroach!?
27th June 2013, 05:47 AM |#662  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyjett

I've tried having Tasker lowering the volume and then loading a music app like Winamp, but it loads so inconsistently it's not a solution. I've also tried three different app killing apps but none of them have worked. Please, I beg you, how do we kill this fracking cockroach!?

We need to figure out where the hard code is to auto start music. Need someone with dev experience
27th June 2013, 07:23 AM |#663  
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwcarbon

We need to figure out where the hard code is to auto start music. Need someone with dev experience

I have not received my hu yet but have you taken a look at the build.prop?
27th June 2013, 08:54 AM |#664  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe333x

I have not received my hu yet but have you taken a look at the build.prop?

not yet, i will check it out tomorrow.
27th June 2013, 11:40 AM |#665  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I have most of it all working now. Now reading my 250GB SSD for music etc in external applications. Only thing annoying me now is the start up process. How long does it stay in sleep for and can it be extended? so it does not have to completely reboot after a period of time?

Thanks for all that have helped so far
27th June 2013, 11:57 AM |#666  
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeetcopcar69

I have most of it all working now. Now reading my 250GB SSD for music etc in external applications. Only thing annoying me now is the start up process. How long does it stay in sleep for and can it be extended? so it does not have to completely reboot after a period of time?

Thanks for all that have helped so far

I can't give you a definitive answer to that, but I hope they are working on the deep sleep problem, it's very annoying.
Sometimes the unit completely reboots after just a few minutes, sometimes it will immediately come on after almost ten minutes.
27th June 2013, 12:36 PM |#667  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Hismoom

I can't give you a definitive answer to that, but I hope they are working on the deep sleep problem, it's very annoying.
Sometimes the unit completely reboots after just a few minutes, sometimes it will immediately come on after almost ten minutes.

A solution would be good! Have to remember these are "car" audio head units after all and in the car you don't have time to deal with such things. Mine takes a bit over a minute to load with a launcher etc Not that bad but can be very annoying sometimes i guess
27th June 2013, 01:10 PM |#668  
Quote:

A solution would be good! Have to remember these are "car" audio head units after all and in the car you don't have time to deal with such things. Mine takes a bit over a minute to load with a launcher etc Not that bad but can be very annoying sometimes i guess

I totally agree and I think I read somewhere on the Parrot forums that they are looking into the issue, but have to make sure that the unit won't suck your battery dry.
Until then I have written tasks and profiles for Tasker to remember which player software I've used last and have them auto-start on boot. It's not ideal, but the best I can hope for at the moment.
Went back to 2.0.1 because the unit often hung on boot and had to be reset, which can be quite a hassle while driving...
27th June 2013, 03:22 PM |#669  

More
Also is anyone having a problem with the WI FI cutting out when it isn't being used? Few problems here and there starting to develop but hopefully there are solutions for them lol I still great head unit capability wise
27th June 2013, 04:45 PM |#670  

More
Once again i find myself back here lol

Anyone recommend a good media player that will run smoothly on the asteroid smart? Particularly LARGE music collections (200GB)

The ones i am finding so far just keep getting errors and shutting down and freezing etc
28th June 2013, 11:34 AM |#671  
Quote:

Once again i find myself back here lol

Anyone recommend a good media player that will run smoothly on the asteroid smart? Particularly LARGE music collections (200GB)

The ones i am finding so far just keep getting errors and shutting down and freezing etc

Poweramp, n7Player or Mortplayer run smoothly on the Smart, but as I only have a few gigs of music on my external drive, I don't know how fast they work with such a large library. If you configure the apps to not scan the drive every time it starts, all of them should work reasonably smooth, I guess.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)