FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful?

Yes, I am happy with the replies.

1,177 Vote(s)
59.18%
Yes, kind of.

470 Vote(s)
23.63%
No, needs improvement.

342 Vote(s)
17.19%

[Ask Any Question][Newbie Friendly]

13,508 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,748

By Droidriven, Senior Member on 29th April 2013, 01:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th June 2019, 06:21 AM |#29151  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayChamp

It´s a funny thing; security apps are incredible unsafe and easily mocked or removable, then to post I found that the data can be deleted for any user.

Maybe you´re not familiar with but probably the best would be unlock bootloader, root it and installing a custom rom (I ever do this) in this way the app Security Center is easily controlled. Or installing a different rom by i.e. an AOSP where this app is not present.

You also can delete it using adb but probably this get in other troubles so is an in-built system app on Miui firmware very dependent of. For this It has to be considered which other apps work with so they have to be also deleted to not cause conflicts.

Finally freeze it, hide it or disable it is not an option when someone else is determined to break with. Your last resource would be delete it then to unlock it, root it but again I don´t want to anticipate before you try it but probably device will have a back-door that can be exploited for a smart user stubborn to break the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayChamp

probably the best would be unlock bootloader, root it and installing a custom rom (I ever do this) in this way the app Security Center is easily controlled.

Would you be kind to point how to do it? Because I think it seems like the safer method. And that way I can also keep the built-in App Lock.
12th June 2019, 07:39 AM |#29152  
Thanks Meter: 722

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Als49

Would you be kind to point how to do it? Because I think it seems like the safer method. And that way I can also keep the built-in App Lock.

I didn´t deal deeper with your exact trouble but as you say that any third party security app works as you need then definitely Miui rom is not for you, I´ll explain why; Security Center app can be removed on an unlocked device but you´ll have some annoying android.process.media pops-up warning and also the access to apps managements will be denied, in previous versions was more permissive but since Miui 10 was integrated as an essential part of the system (a kind of Knox) and on the other hand if you want to keep it (Based on your words) would be like a trojan or an access to manipulate other security apps.

Considering the previous probably the best would be change totally the rom to something near to stock and keeping just one security app of your preference and not two rivals.

In case you want to take this line these are the first steps https://forum.xda-developers.com/red...oader-t3890751 and here a collection of alternative roms https://forum.xda-developers.com/red...-7/development
13th June 2019, 05:08 PM |#29153  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hopefully this is a good place to ask this.

How can I modify the boot image to create a file in the cache directory on boot?

I've tried
Code:
write /data/cache/file 1
at various stages after post-fs-data but nothing seems to work. I've also tried doing it via a script both directly with exec and indirectly as a oneshot service but those scripts never appear to execute (I've got them also creating a file on the sdcard, but it never does). No errors about the script or service in logcat. I'm honestly quite confused at this point. What am I doing wrong or missing?
14th June 2019, 12:44 AM |#29154  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApeironTsuka

How can I modify the boot image to create a file in the cache directory on boot?

I've tried

Code:
write /data/cache/file 1
at various stages after post-fs-data but nothing seems to work. I've also tried doing it via a script both directly with exec and indirectly as a oneshot service but those scripts never appear to execute (I've got them also creating a file on the sdcard, but it never does). No errors about the script or service in logcat. I'm honestly quite confused at this point. What am I doing wrong or missing?

What is your end result? What are you trying to achieve by creating a cache directory at startup?

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
14th June 2019, 01:15 AM |#29155  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,001

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApeironTsuka

I've tried

Code:
write /data/cache/file 1

I have never seen nor used the "write" command. I personally would try the more common and basic method of
Code:
echo 1 > /data/cache/file;
14th June 2019, 02:00 AM |#29156  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hello ,
I would please you to tell me from where can I download the Android 6.0 stock firmware for my FireFly M1016 (MediaTek MT6753) tablet or better known as Alps k109, how to flash it,and also how to root it.

Here you are some more info for my tablet

:https://m.imgur.com/a/vstexQD

http://specdevice.com/showspec.php?i...0-31fd0033c587
Please help me.
Thank you in advance.
14th June 2019, 03:34 AM |#29157  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 5,083

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Als49

Thanks but unfortunately third party app lock is useless because there's a slight delay between clicking the icon and locking it by blocking with overlay. This delay can be easily exploited by my kid: he keeps clicking the icon and crawls his way through.

In fact I had blocked Security using the parental control app (Qustodio and Screen Time Labs), but he exploited that delay.

So I would love it if there's a built-in method to hide, lock or block Security app.

Try Boost+. It's an HTC app, but you can install it to non-HTC devices afaik. I used to use it to lock out apps on my HTC 10. Maybe your kid won't be able to bypass it.
It's just a suggestion and I don't know if it will work, but there's no harm in checking it out.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...troad&hl=en_CA
14th June 2019, 04:50 AM |#29158  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

What is your end result? What are you trying to achieve by creating a cache directory at startup?

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

I have a Magisk module causing a bootloop and my phone doesn't have a twrp available yet. End goal is to create /data/cache/.disable_magisk so it goes into core-only mode. It's an A/B device, so the usual /cache is instead under /data/cache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

I have never seen nor used the "write" command. I personally would try the more common and basic method of

Code:
echo 1 > /data/cache/file;

Have to do it via init.rc, which is where the "write" command comes from.
15th June 2019, 08:55 AM |#29159  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I have a "Tenor G ".It's a Chinese brand.Unfortunately , the manufacturer does not provide any method to unlock the bootloader. Currently the device is running Android Oreo 8.1.0.It has 4GB of RAM and 64 gigabytes internal storage and has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 626 processor. Like most Qualcomm phones it has an EDL Mode and I was able to flash a patched boot.img which gave me root access. Even though fastboot doesn't work on this device, I was able to get a custom recovery ( TWRP,PBRP,ORANGEFOX,REDWOLF) boot temporarily using EDL mode.however If I flash the recovery using apps like flashify or the official TWRP app the custom recovery does not boot , instead it just shows the boot logo and gives me a black screen.(probably as the bootloader is locked).

Is there any way to unofficially unlock the bootloader (patching emmc_appsboot.mbn) or signing the recovery image with AVB 1.0 , so that the recovery can boot with a locked bootloader ?
15th June 2019, 07:14 PM |#29160  
Thanks Meter: 722

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaipayan774

I have a "Tenor G ".It's a Chinese brand.Unfortunately , the manufacturer does not provide any method to unlock the bootloader. Currently the device is running Android Oreo 8.1.0.It has 4GB of RAM and 64 gigabytes internal storage and has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 626 processor. Like most Qualcomm phones it has an EDL Mode and I was able to flash a patched boot.img which gave me root access. Even though fastboot doesn't work on this device, I was able to get a custom recovery ( TWRP,PBRP,ORANGEFOX,REDWOLF) boot temporarily using EDL mode.however If I flash the recovery using apps like flashify or the official TWRP app the custom recovery does not boot , instead it just shows the boot logo and gives me a black screen.(probably as the bootloader is locked).

Is there any way to unofficially unlock the bootloader (patching emmc_appsboot.mbn) or signing the recovery image with AVB 1.0 , so that the recovery can boot with a locked bootloader ?

If then to flash a boot-patched image you did boot up succesfully then this could mean that bootloader has not a special booting verified process but then to root it most likely you won´t be able to boot to recovery by software; this means that there is other probability here, that the image is not exactly suitable for your device, check again and flash it doing the same process as when you flashed the boot, through EDL and then try to boot manually to TWRP without allow device to boot up at any instance.

Some notes regarding;
- Don´t forget to enable USB debugging and OEM unlock through the process.
- Fastboot won´t work to flash nothing or boot temporarily or boot to a modified partition while you have bootloader locked.
- Some devices allow to unlock bootloader just by command like Mi A series, Black Shark international version and if I´m not wrong Pixel so try with some of them, typically "fastboot oem unlock" "fastboot oem unlock-go" "fastboot flashing unlock" and it could be more commands.
The Following User Says Thank You to SubwayChamp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SubwayChamp Ad-Free
16th June 2019, 12:23 AM |#29161  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I haven't been able to locate this information anywhere on the internet and it seems to have either gone unnoticed or be too uncommon for anyone to care..

I have a Blackview Bv9600 pro running the stock 8.1.0 Oreo which I flashed again several days ago after an Xposed framework module lead to continually booting to recovery and the system was unreachable.

So I factory reset the phone using the hardware menu and then rooted again with twrp and magisk/Dm no verity package.

Everything works as it should again however my camera has an odd quirk... A frustrating one.

The rear camera now mirrors as if it is the front camera (and settings even on third party camera apps do not change this) and my front camera has the rear camera options overlay although the aperture and Pro options are inaccessible and cause the camera app to crash when accessed.

What I have tried:

- wiping cache
- going in and out of hardware menu
- disabling active Magisk modules (FDE. AI) (Pix3lify)
- installing Google camera Api2 and Gapps via twrp
- Google cameraport apps (none work)
- reboot reboot reboot lol
- third party Google play camera apps (several)

All to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.. I'd rather not have to factory reset again if I can help it...

One thing I have noticed is that the OTA update is saying I have the latest version except I don't as the custom rom I downloaded was the original shipping rom from 2018 but there was an update in early 2019 which is not carrying to my device and may resolve the issue?

Any input on getting OTA with Magisk installed (the ability to do so being the reason I chose Magisk over SuperSU).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, bricked phone, cwm roms and kernels, help thread, noob, noob friendly, question, rcs in action

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)