HTC extended battery

Search This thread

GTOMEX09

Feb 6, 2009
I already posted this in another thread (but there are tons of extended battery threads).

Anyone who ALREADY HAS an extended battery (and the back that goes with it), here is an extended battery (WITHOUT the back) that is the EXACT same part number as Rezounds. It's worked in 3 rezounds for me without issue. It behaves exactly as the Rezound one (it's the same part number.)

ITS $4!!!!!!!

FOUR DOLLARS, from HTC (not some x-brand).

It's worth charging, and tossing in your glove compartment. It's legit. Get it!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0055OTNK4/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Hopefully most everyone knows this, but this is almost certainly a knock-off.
1) OEM extended batteries don't cost $4 (now $3)
2) The part # is not the same. Notice the carefully placed dash. Even if it was exactly the same, that doesn't mean it's truly HTC.

That being said, I've had mixed results w/ "brand x" batteries and some are decent.

Reactions: utahsteelheader

jbuffethed

Sep 28, 2010
I bought the one from Amazon for $2.98 just because it was that cheap. Just got it yesterday, but didnt pick up the extended cover yet.

Good god this Rezound camera takes some good macro shots. Picked up tons of detail. Disregard the water on top, I was holding a drink.

Attachments

• IMAG0001.jpg
    IMAG0001.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 219
  • IMAG0031.jpg
    IMAG0031.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 218
  • IMAG0030.jpg
    IMAG0030.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 219

GTOMEX09

Feb 6, 2009
Please lemme know what you think of the $3 battery. I might pick a couple up if they're decent.

Agreed on the camera...It takes great pictures. I don't even feel like I need to qualify that with "for a phone". It just takes great pictures. Never thought I'd say that.

EmerikL

Jul 19, 2011
Phoenix
I bought the one from Amazon for $2.98 just because it was that cheap. Just got it yesterday, but didnt pick up the extended cover yet.

Good god this Rezound camera takes some good macro shots. Picked up tons of detail. Disregard the water on top, I was holding a drink.

You are one brave soul if you are going to put that in your phone.

uToTMeH8

Dec 6, 2011
MA
Hopefully most everyone knows this, but this is almost certainly a knock-off.
1) OEM extended batteries don't cost $4 (now $3)
2) The part # is not the same. Notice the carefully placed dash. Even if it was exactly the same, that doesn't mean it's truly HTC.

That being said, I've had mixed results w/ "brand x" batteries and some are decent.

I bought 2 of them...they are the same exact thing as the Rezound's extended battery, just black color and marketed for the thunderbolt. Both get 3 days on a single charge and haven't had one problem with them yet

Dec 18, 2008
Charlotte
I bought 2 of them...they are the same exact thing as the Rezound's extended battery, just black color and marketed for the thunderbolt. Both get 3 days on a single charge and haven't had one problem with them yet

I would love to get that much out of any battery I use. Heck I would just be happy to make it a day without killing a battery. Do you use push mail or anything? I just don't see how you can get that much life out of the battery. I sync with two email addresses, and have beautiful widgets set to update every three hours. Other than that, I don't really have anything set to sync every so often.

uToTMeH8

Dec 6, 2011
MA
I would love to get that much out of any battery I use. Heck I would just be happy to make it a day without killing a battery. Do you use push mail or anything? I just don't see how you can get that much life out of the battery. I sync with two email addresses, and have beautiful widgets set to update every three hours. Other than that, I don't really have anything set to sync every so often.

I have 4 emails and use fancy widgets synching every hour on ineffabilis with custom battery tweaks. Screen on time for 3 days is usually around 6 hours

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

WookieFan

Nov 21, 2010
NYC area

That's an interesting outlook. I have been using one of these for nearly two months now with no issues. It has worked perfectly. I have another actual HTC extended battery which I alternate with this one and there is no perceivable difference between the two.

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: uToTMeH8 and 1454

Morpheus991

I just got two of them myself. They're identical to the original one I got from htcpedia. I think htcpedia might have realized that the only difference between the Rezound and thunderbolt batteries is the color so they swapped them out as a cheaper alternative..?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

WookieFan

Nov 21, 2010
NYC area
I just got two of them myself. They're identical to the original one I got from htcpedia. I think htcpedia might have realized that the only difference between the Rezound and thunderbolt batteries is the color so they swapped them out as a cheaper alternative..?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

It is also likely that someone now has to move a bunch of Thunderbolt batteries because they didn't sell when the Thunderbolt was hot.

Just a guess.

platinumrims

Dec 28, 2010
What are you all using for cases for this battery? i like the hard silicon was for the normal battery(aren't bulky). But i think I might get an extended one for vacations and stuff, that take frequently... i thought I saw it posted somewhere but I can't find it now.

uToTMeH8

Dec 6, 2011
MA
What are you all using for cases for this battery? i like the hard silicon was for the normal battery(aren't bulky). But i think I might get an extended one for vacations and stuff, that take frequently... i thought I saw it posted somewhere but I can't find it now.

These are what I bought:

Case

Battery

Back Cover

Everything is working awesome. For under $50...You can't go wrong!

Reactions: platinumrims

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    And if you're looking for an additional extended battery (you already have the extended back), you can get a Thunderbolt extended battery real cheap here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0055OTNK4/ref=mp_s_a_13?qid=1334231529&sr=8-13

Note that the picture in the description does not match the actual battery. But go to the htcpedia.com Site and look at the Rezound extended battery options and you'll see that the Thunderbolt extended battery fits just fine in the Rezound and has the exact same model number that is listed in the Amazon link. Mnfg Part #: 35H00149-01M

http://shop.htcpedia.com/htc-thunderbolt-rezound-oem-2750mah-extended-battery.html

And yes, the Thunderbolt extended battery works perfectly fine in the Rezound. Here is my video proving it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikSJgbn5D6Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Just got the extended battery from a VZW store for 50% off. That's $25. Can't beat that. Just figured I'd pass this along. It might just be a weekend sale to go along with the sale of the phone for $50 this weekend.

That's an interesting outlook. I have been using one of these for nearly two months now with no issues. It has worked perfectly. I have another actual HTC extended battery which I alternate with this one and there is no perceivable difference between the two.

For what its worth..
    Logged into my vzw acct and it only gave me a discount of 44.99 for the extended battery, cleared my cart and logged out of my account now it gave me the 50% discount of 29.99 (from 59.99), logged back in and it kept the price. You won't see the discount until you add it to your cart.
    Not sure if it was a glitch or Verizon trying to get more money out of its customers.
    But hopefully this helps anyone looking to buy this.

These are what I bought:

Case

Battery

Back Cover

Everything is working awesome. For under $50...You can't go wrong!