9/6 Mandatory Update Official Clockworkmod Touch Recovery 5.8.4.0

Search This thread

cYbOrG5

Jan 27, 2012
as cited in my previous posts, this is happening to my hox after flashing trips cm. since i have flashed other cms, even miui and other roms using the same method; id think this is something to do with cwm and trip cm interfacing...maybe some interface, memory or space got deleted in the recovery during the flash. in power button->reboot->recovery, that just reboots the system, maybe trip cm wasnt able to call the recovery interface or something...but thats just my long shot guess though.

Reactions: Amir 75

Daekin

Mar 23, 2009
Bratislava
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
ClockworkMod Recovery 6 released,
anyone going to update this?
https://plus.google.com/103583939320326217147/posts/cPF6gkmpM9m

why the hell you want to update One X device with Galaxy Nexus recovery?

aaaaaaaa.....we can build for our device? so you found it first, you build it first ;) (but remember it is still in ALPHA so can contain bugs)

edit: just used builder to build touch recovery from stock 1.29.401.11, here is the result link: http://jenkins.cyanogenmod.com/job/recovery/686/artifact/archive/recovery.img

edit2: not working correctly. will need that optional parameters to enable proper partitions mount and also adb. do not use it! (link left there so that people that are not reading will suffer)

Last edited:

MarcoHD

Jan 1, 2011
Burscheid
www.nica-live.de
ClockWorkMod 6.0.0.0

edit2: not working correctly. will need that optional parameters to enable proper partitions mount and also adb. do not use it! (link left there so that people that are not reading will suffer)

Here a working build of me. Using the old 5.8.4.0 to build a 6.0.0.0 with the new webbuilder.

Notice:
It is still in alpha stage!
USB mount isn't working!
I don't give any support and i'm not responsible for any damage on your device.

Tested on my own device. Looks like it work great so far.

Download it here: Click

All Credits for the great work goes to the Clockworkmod Team

Last edited:

tijuanacartel

Nov 18, 2010
Partitioning for Encryption?

Hey guys,

I've been trying to enable Device Encryption in both stock and CM 9 (NVDRU) without success.

The error in logcat is: Cryptfs: Orig filesystem overlaps crypto footer region. Cannot encrypt in place.

Doing some googling turned up this page: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/25652-fixing-galaxy-tab-2-encryption/
and the money quote: "<Kaik541> jcase: sounds like your partition doesn't have the 16kb reserved block at the end"

So it looks like some repartitioning would be required to make encryption work. In the above thread the solution was to flash stock recovery and wipe. But I wasnt able to enable encryption on full stock let alone with Cyanogen/Clockworkmod. Does anyone know what is meant by 16kb reserved block? Is it at the partition table level or partition level? Some flag to mke2fs/mkmsdosfs?

tijuanacartel

Nov 18, 2010
After some more research I've discovered that in order to support encryption there needs to be 16kb of unused space left at the end of the disk, after the /data partition.

Doing some digging turned up the possibility of editing the flash.cfg file in CWM, however I cant extract the .img provided to modify it.

Can you post the link to the source repo please?

Rusty!

Jan 10, 2010
Portsmouth
I've built 6.0.1.0 from source, although it's untested as I'm not unlocking my phone 'til the external speaker is repaired.

Attachments

• recovery.img
    5.9 MB · Views: 12
Reactions: mtb2104

Cristianop

May 5, 2009
Germany
Hey im unlocked and rooted but i cannot install cwm. I type Command " fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" (renamed file to just recovery) doesnt work for me. i got error unknown command fastboot.I Also Downloaded rom manager and instaled CWM. App says that CWM is installed but when i reboot over the app into recovery i just get into stock recovery.

sean.trinidade

Hey im unlocked and rooted but i cannot install cwm. I type Command " fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" (renamed file to just recovery) doesnt work for me. i got error unknown command fastboot.I Also Downloaded rom manager and instaled CWM. App says that CWM is installed but when i reboot over the app into recovery i just get into stock recovery.

Make sure that you're running the fastboot command from the same folder that actually contains adb & fastboot.

Top Liked Posts