Kernel wakelock mdm_hsic_pm0?

Search This thread

Ash359

Nov 30, 2012
Ok, did you try to delete data of the app, configure again and retry watchdog ?
Or maybe a compatibility issue of BBS with your device or your ROM...
I think you should search on the BBS thread here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1179809 If no luck, post a message, maybe chamonix (the OP) could help you if you provide explanations and logs.
I cleared it's data and tried again. I switched on watchdog and turned the duration threshold to 30 minutes.

Seems to be working great now. It actually caught the wakelock and notified me.

Thanks

Sent from my Jedi MasterX Note 2

Reactions: woodman

Ash359

Nov 30, 2012
Ok, nice !
But why do you set a so big threshold ?
I have several smaller wake locks that are insignificant.

Also my Bluetooth has a wake lock and will trigger this while I'm commuting.

30 minutes is plenty short enough. Is there a notification tone to set?

woodman

Moderator Emeritus
Jul 21, 2012
🌲 France
OnePlus 7T
I have several smaller wake locks that are insignificant.

Also my Bluetooth has a wake lock and will trigger this while I'm commuting.

30 minutes is plenty short enough. Is there a notification tone to set?

No tone to set with watchdog. As it's triggered when screen is turned on, there's no use !?

Reactions: Ash359

Ash359

Nov 30, 2012
Yeah would be nice if it woke me up at night before my battery dies. But so far it hasn't been a problem

noz38

Jul 30, 2013
Just a quick update from my i9305. We were lucky enough to get kitkat last week, I didn't get the wakelock since I flashed it with odin.
Now I might need a few more days of testing since I don't use data connection very often, but it looks promising!
Maybe it's kitkat, maybe it's the 70+ apps i removed from system/app and priv-app...

Reactions: woodman

woodman

Moderator Emeritus
Jul 21, 2012
🌲 France
OnePlus 7T
Just a quick update from my i9305. We were lucky enough to get kitkat last week, I didn't get the wakelock since I flashed it with odin.
Now I might need a few more days of testing since I don't use data connection very often, but it looks promising!
Maybe it's kitkat, maybe it's the 70+ apps i removed from system/app and priv-app...
I think it's kitkat 4.4.4 update effect, that's what I also read thanks to @painball on community rom thread here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2759082
A great thing if it's confirmed. I will soon go to official kitkat for i9305.

Last edited:

Ash359

Nov 30, 2012
Seems my issue is now with power manager service wakelocks. My phone was awake all night.

woodman

Moderator Emeritus
Jul 21, 2012
🌲 France
OnePlus 7T
Seems my issue is now with power manager service wakelocks. My phone was awake all night.

Hi, sorry for late reply :)

EDIT1 : could you please make screenshots of all your BBS stats ?

In my case I sometimes have this wakelock (power manager service) and it's triggered by my 3rd party music app (Deezer music).
To fix this I greenify my music app.
But this wakelock is triggered by many other misbehaving apps or system process. You have to dig a little. :)

EDIT2 : or, try to disable fast dormancy...

Last edited:

muhib.al.karim

Jan 16, 2012
I had this wakelock issue for pretty long on my Galaxy s3 lte running cm11.

Then I flashed the stock rom 4.4.4 which came out couple of weeks ago via Sam mobile. The performance was great so far. No wakelock and could really feel the difference in battery life.

Now since this evening I am again having serious wakelocks!.. Would appreciate if anybody can help out...

Thanks in advance.

fab697e9d311c87803b0087ad01d23fa.jpg

412328534eca9520aeffd824effc6be3.jpg

b48b9c4bc3df84e34f29b482af3b2548.jpg

61621644fd2dd73ce9a6c4b5c565da2e.jpg

29e73d355b315c4124c2093b7f12297e.jpg

180eb0a4789b6c0759737dcc9380639d.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9305N using Tapatalk

lecomarreco

Nov 8, 2014
Rio de Janeiro
Wow .. I can't believe that this issue is going to its second birthdate without any concrete solution.
I just read the WHOLE thread hoping to find a definitive solution but it seems that nobody found out yet.

I have the issue of 0% Deep Sleep in BBS and the most guilty is the mdm_hsic_pm0.
My device is a I9305T ( S3 LTE) with a custom ROM: CARBON-kk-NIGHTLY-20141106 running into a Boefla's kernel 2.4 beta7. When I was on Wanam Lite 4.1.2 based ROM I've never had this awake problem.
Last week I flashed the Cyano 10.1.3 and this nightmare started, 100% awake time and the battery going to hell.
Then I flashed the 4.4 Stock from sammobile looking for a fix, but I couldn't stand that Rom for a day. ( Samsung rom Sucks). It only gave me the new KNOX bootloader

Now I'm on the Carbom ROM 4.4 based with baseband modem from 4.3. ( It has the better signal and 3g speed).

But this nightmare keeps waking me up, actually keeps my phone awake. :p
Today my battery went from 100% to 1% in only 8 hours, with lass than 1 1/2 hours of screen on. 100% awake time, not even a second into Deep Sleep. ( my phone has all the lines on build.prop someone suggested some post back)

After all I read and tried I really think it is related to Data Connection. In my case there is nothing to do with Wifi, Bluetooth, Gps, etc.

I've made some tests today and the problem was triggered only when I turn off the screen with data connection activated.
The mdm_hsic_pm0 running time still counting with the screen off. If i turn off data connection before turning of the screen the process stop running, phone doesn't go to Deep Sleep though.

Turning of data and rebooting the phone stop it and get the phone temporaly into deep sleep mode. I'll try to flash a 4.1.2 modem and watch its behavior hoping for a solution. I can't flash a 4.4 modem yet because I have a I9305T model and there is no such a modem for this device, actually I can flash the I9305 universal modem, but I don't want to lost my 4G connection due to different working frequencies.

If anyone know how to stop this battery serial killer let me know, it's driving me crazy.

Sorry about my english, hope I've made myself clear.

PhilDX

Oct 17, 2010
NJ
the solution for my VZW Note 2 was to revert back to a TW ROM. i tried everything before that. i failed. haven't had a single problem since though, more than two months now.

lecomarreco

Nov 8, 2014
Rio de Janeiro
Good to know that it solved the problem. I just flashed an old modem, if it doesn't get better I guess that will be my way out aswell.
Did you flash a custom or stock ROM? 4.4 based ??

Thanks dude

Last edited:

PhilDX

Oct 17, 2010
NJ
Good to know that it solved the problem. I just flashed an old modem, if it doesn't get better I guess that will be my way out aswell.
Did you flash a custom or stock ROM? 4.4 based ??

i flashed a pre-rooted stock ROM for my device, it's TW4.4.2.

while I much prefer CM over TW, I have come to appreciate the stability of the stock ROM. to be honest, this wakelock really wore me out. I never bothered to experiment with any other TW ROMs once I realized the stock TW ROM solved this issue for me.

Reactions: lecomarreco

lecomarreco

Nov 8, 2014
Rio de Janeiro
I guess I'll need to give TW a try.

I flashed an old modem yesterday nigth. Fully charded my phone and let it screen off and data On over the night. About 8 hrs.

For my surprise it got into DeepSleep for 90% of the time with only 30 min awake.

But something is still draining my battery because it went from 100% to 84% at this same period. I don't think it's a normal rate. I see people around stating 2 - 4% for 8 hrs inactive.
16% is not acceptable for 7:30 h into deep sleep.

I already grenified a bunch apps and disabled some google services that were keeping it awake.

I'm start considering my battery is getting old.

Last edited:

PhilDX

Oct 17, 2010
NJ
My comments were specifically in regard to the mdm_hsic_pm0 wake lock, are you sure that's your problem? If something else is creating the problem on your device, it might be related to one of your apps.

Last edited:

lecomarreco

Nov 8, 2014
Rio de Janeiro
Yes, I'm sure this is the biggest problem.

Updating my status. The old modem did not solve it . I just get the service pm0 back awake all the time even with off screen. I just drived over the street on different signal areas.

Rebooting the phone stops that service and put it into deep sleep again.

But as I've said before there is
something else draining the battery even when it's in deep sleep. At least the BBS shows deep sleep.

Audiomix is another service that is keeping it awake. But with the pm0 service always on it is useless to disable or greenify anything else.

I'm looking for a good TW based ROM for.my device and will give it a try.

Thank you for the tip.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK guys I have some good news!!!! Im pretty sure i have lowered my wakelocks by a significant amount and found the problem. If I have decent signal and WI-FI is off , I am getting only around 19% to 23% time spent awake with the screen off. This is much better than the normal 33% to 46%. While idle im getting anywhere between 2.3% to 3% drain per hour. First here is what I did that im still not sure helped or not. Its up to you to try. I am currently on Carbon Rom nightly 9/9/13. I wiped the phone and started from scratch and I didn't allow google to restore my apps,data, and settings. I did that manually. I also flashed the ljc modem. I haven't tested my tweaks on other modems yet. I also use greenify on a few apps like facebook though I dont think this is necessary for this to work.

Now here is the tweaks that made a world of difference. there was a lot of research and trial and error with this. These are all build.prop tweaks so first check and see if the entry is already there, if it is match it to my values. If you don't have it in your build.prob then add them.

Don't add the ""

"persist.radio.apm_sim_not_pwdn=0" should be changed to "persist.radio.apm_sim_not_pwdn=1"

This next tweak im not sure is a mistake or done on purpose but the # in front of the line makes it not be read. Either way i got rid of the # and make sure it = 1.
    "#persist.radio.add_power_save=1" to "persist.radio.add_power_save=1"

Then I added "persist.radio.snapshot_timer=22" right under the line "persist.radio.snapshot_disabled=1"

Finally I added the "ro.ril.fast.dormancy.rule=0" still not sure if this works or not.

Go ahead and give it a try. After you change the values you will need to reboot. Might not see results right away. report back here on your experience. Oh and I am not responsible if this screws your phone up lol.
    First time I see it today, so I searched and I see you have the same problem.

Today is the first day I've been on 3G (no LTE in my area) all day, with WiFi disconnected, and BetterBatteryStats shows FastDormancy and mdm_hsic_pm0

Causally related? I am fairly sure FastDormancy is causally related to the 3g stuff, but not sure about mdm_hsic_pm0 - it's possible?

I'm on the i317M, though, so maybe that could help us troubleshoot.
    This issue was plaguing me and was chewing into my battery at a whopping 9%/H.
    Not my own idea, but inserting a new line ro.ril.fast.dormancy.rule=0 at the end of build.prop worked fine for me on my S3 4G.

DISCLAIMER: I only have a I9305T and have not tried this on Note II. Try this at your risk!!!
    Bump - Any more info on this?

I flashed Avatar 2.1 and I'm now getting this wakelock (and horrid battery life!)

Just an FYI, this issue isn't only on the Note 2. I have an S3 4G and it's destroying my battery life. Currently staring down the barrel of ~7-10% battery drain per hour :/

Absolutely no idea why or where the issue comes from. If you pull your battery, the problem lessens for a little while.
    I just twittered with sbrissen who is DEVing CM for the Sprint/Verizon GN2 and he is actively working on this issue :)