Bootanimations to go...(Updated 2/24 - 7 boots) - Links Fixed!

Search This thread

Jank4AU

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
All Boot Animations confirmed working

If you previously had installed the first one, the issue was the frames per second was set at 30 and it should have been 24 for that file. For anyone use CWM, if you can't get it fixed, put one of the boot animations on your external sd card if you can take it out and use an adapter to connect it to the PC using a USB port. Then you can boot into CWM, choose Extras and change boot animation from there. Select the file on the external sd and then reboot. That should do it.

theytalkalot

Jan 4, 2009
Nope...finally got it to cwm and got stuck on the flashing and froze my phone...couldn't get it started again....so going to warranty it...get a new one Monday..even tried lgnpst back to stock...

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda app-developers app

Jank4AU

Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
Nope...finally got it to cwm and got stuck on the flashing and froze my phone...couldn't get it started again....so going to warranty it...get a new one Monday..even tried lgnpst back to stock...

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda app-developers app

Can you not get into fast boot or recovery?

Sent from my LG-E970 using xda app-developers app

theytalkalot

Jan 4, 2009
Nope, no fast boot or recovery...when I went to the att store, they put it into a hard rest type of menu and tried to rest it and they tried, but no go..I think it is messed up. I have tried probably a million times to LGNPST it and tried all sorts of button combos to get it start up...can get to download mode but doesn't want to restart...even hoped on IRC and a few people tried to help out but it's pretty much over...however, I never give up so I am going to keep trying....

Can you not get into fast boot or recovery?

Jank4AU

Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
You could make a xda one.

Hmm....how would you do that? Most devs only want the ROM's name and not much else. I guess you could do like this...
Center "The Base" and then under it something like "on XDA-Developers". Maybe stamping through metal like the Ram trucks logo in the commercials...

gjgcomputers

I don't think I'm familiar with the XDA wallpaper? Do you have a copy? Do you mean one of these?
http://www.google.com/search?q=xda+...TbNIK02wX_qoHwCg&ved=0CCsQsAQ&biw=384&bih=595

This is the one that I was thinking about it. Sam Caplat made one for Tablets that could be cropped (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1395602).
xdawallpaper-1280x720-1024x576.jpg

Reactions: Jank4AU

Jank4AU

Nov 2, 2010
Alabama

Jank4AU

Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
Here's a new YouTube video of my 3rd boot animation. I haven't rendered out the frames for the zip file yet and tested it out so I haven't posted the actual animation. But this is what it will look like (just higher def obviously): Orange Sparks

Last edited:

DraginMagik

Mar 24, 2010
Here's a new YouTube video of my 3rd boot animation. I haven't rendered out the frames for the zip file yet and tested it out so I haven't posted the actual animation. But this is what it will look like (just higher def obviously): Orange Sparks

Well done. Although I do like 420s idea for that sound clip.

Sent from my LG-E970

Reactions: its420oclock

its420oclock

Feb 3, 2011
York

Use less of that fireball IMO. Or make it explode like a firework.

Reactions: Murasakiii

blenkows

Dec 14, 2012
So I'm currently rooted and that's it. Bootloader is still locked and obviously running stock. Can I do it right now? Or do I have to unlock the bootloader first? Thanks. I skimmed through the thread and didn't really see a definitive answer.

Jank4AU

Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
So I'm currently rooted and that's it. Bootloader is still locked and obviously running stock. Can I do it right now? Or do I have to unlock the bootloader first? Thanks. I skimmed through the thread and didn't really see a definitive answer.

I think as long as you have root you can do it. You just need to put the bootanimation zip file in /system/media. Make sure the file is named "bootanimation.zip".

Top Liked Posts