Search This thread

zard

Jul 19, 2005
Reporting:

1. Bluetooth fixed

2. Tablet mode: still can't get status bar below

3. APN not fixed

4. The combined width entries is still missing

5. First time trying Pie control in any rom, don't know why I can't launch it even though I tried bottom, right and bottom.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: DHO

DHO

Jun 6, 2010
d-h-o.us
Reporting:

1. Bluetooth fixed

2. Tablet mode: still can't get status bar below

3. APN not fixed

4. The combined width entries is still missing

5. First time trying Pie control in any rom, don't know why I can't launch it even though I tried bottom, right and bottom.

Thank you for the continued help. New nightly should address some things but not others

2. Tablet mode: still can't get status bar below - I did not address this today

3. This reallly should be fixes. I added 2 new methods of getting the APN, and fixed a typo on yesterday's that was preventing it from working

4. The combined width entries is still missing - I did not address this today

5. Several improvements made to PIE, try making the target bigger on the tab. And so far, it only has1 hot spot. I think the default is half way up the right-hand side

zard

Jul 19, 2005
Thank you for the continued help. New nightly should address some things but not others

2. Tablet mode: still can't get status bar below - I did not address this today

3. This reallly should be fixes. I added 2 new methods of getting the APN, and fixed a typo on yesterday's that was preventing it from working

4. The combined width entries is still missing - I did not address this today

5. Several improvements made to PIE, try making the target bigger on the tab. And so far, it only has1 hot spot. I think the default is half way up the right-hand side

The nightly for tilapia is missing again.

Have a few more screen capture for your reference relating to 2 & 3 above.
abyze2ur.jpg
anady3e3.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

DHO

Jun 6, 2010
d-h-o.us
Sorry they got uploaded to the wrong directory. I Moved them to the correct one.

Not sure if there will be a build tonight, as we are having issues with the gerrit and that will be the focus

zard

Jul 19, 2005
Sorry they got uploaded to the wrong directory. I Moved them to the correct one.

Not sure if there will be a build tonight, as we are having issues with the gerrit and that will be the focus

Will test and let you know.

1. APN is working now.

2. PIE is working now, but not much use since the options available is similar to navigation bar, unless the purpose is to disable navigation bar. I installed a PIE app from Google Play and that was able to add in applications to the PIE control.

Hopefully you can work on the other two soon. FYI, there is another rom that was just realised, AOKP official, and that has the full tablet mode working, ie status bar is below.

Last edited:
Reactions: PVL_93_RU and DHO

DHO

Jun 6, 2010
d-h-o.us

1. APN is working now.

2. PIE is working now, but not much use since the options available is similar to navigation bar, unless the purpose is to disable navigation bar. I installed a PIE app from Google Play and that was able to add in applications to the PIE control.

Hopefully you can work on the other two soon. FYI, there is another rom that was just realised, AOKP official, and that has the full tablet mode working, ie status bar is below.

Sweet thanks for the Feedback, we are getting very close having everything working.

For PIE, you should not need download anything, the app is included, but if you want the Market have have different features. On the phone you can use the expanded desktop to make PIE a better feature..... I have it enabled, but I do not use it much.

I will check out the AOKP source, they are always a good repo when trying to figure out the last few features. I will work on the overlays (especially full tablet mode), I have a hunch we did something that may be preventing it;s full implementation.

DHO

Jun 6, 2010
d-h-o.us
Today I concentrated on working on a UI chooser. Let's see if it finishes building. If so, nightlies will make their way up as I fall asleep ;)

zard

Jul 19, 2005
qeny5edy.jpg
synapyha.jpg
Today I concentrated on working on a UI chooser. Let's see if it finishes building. If so, nightlies will make their way up as I fall asleep ;)

That's great!

Downloaded 26 Feb version:

1. Settings - Storage - FC (not sure if previous version was like this)

2. UI Mode - Tablet - Unfortunately System UI has stopped.

3. The combined width entries and combined width port and land are all missing. This is not good.

4. Though I have Internet connection working with Wifi, there is a connection error prompt.
yvane2yv.jpg
yhu8a8e3.jpg

Last edited:

DHO

Jun 6, 2010
d-h-o.us
Yes, yesterday's nightly needs alot of work.
I basically passed out before compiling was done. I found a bunch more code that needs to be added.,... this is not a small project. But Give me a day or 2 more and it will be there.

zard

Jul 19, 2005
I basically passed out before compiling was done. I found a bunch more code that needs to be added.,... this is not a small project. But Give me a day or 2 more and it will be there.

Great!

zard

Jul 19, 2005

Great!

Installed 28 Feb 2013 nightly:

1. Settings - Storage - FC

2. UI Mode - Tablet - No more "System UI has stopped", i.e. can change to mode but still status bar is not at the bottom.

3. The combined width entries are missing.

DHO

Jun 6, 2010
d-h-o.us
Installed 28 Feb 2013 nightly:

1. Settings - Storage - FC

2. UI Mode - Tablet - No more "System UI has stopped", i.e. can change to mode but still status bar is not at the bottom.

Thanks for the update, I do not think I will be able to address these until tomorrow,... UI mode is turning into a nightmare AOKP's (codefire's is an AOKP kang) conflicts with some of our other commits. So I need to write large sections or isolate the conflicting code and rewrite that, nornally not to bad, but the logcats have been useless in point me towards to the correct features to rewrite,... But alas it will be done :)

Reactions: zard

zard

Jul 19, 2005
Thanks for the update, I do not think I will be able to address these until tomorrow,... UI mode is turning into a nightmare AOKP's (codefire's is an AOKP kang) conflicts with some of our other commits. So I need to write large sections or isolate the conflicting code and rewrite that, nornally not to bad, but the logcats have been useless in point me towards to the correct features to rewrite,... But alas it will be done :)

Downloading Mar 1 now. Result is same as previous nightly.

Last edited:

DHO

Jun 6, 2010
d-h-o.us
Nightly from tonight,.. will be an hour or 2 to build + upload should have tablet/phone mode fix.
It may require a clean install... it did for me.

Reactions: zard

zard

Jul 19, 2005
Nightly from tonight,.. will be an hour or 2 to build + upload should have tablet/phone mode fix.
It may require a clean install... it did for me.

Still same issues as before, unfortunately. Did factory reset, and clean install.

DHO

Jun 6, 2010
d-h-o.us
Still same issues as before, unfortunately. Did factory reset, and clean install.

There was no tablet/phone UI chooser under Settings --> display --> General ?

Seems to be working well with phones, I do not think it has been thoroughly tested on tabs yet.

I just started building tonight's nightlies.

zard

Jul 19, 2005
There was no tablet/phone UI chooser under Settings --> display --> General ?

Test results of 3 Mar:
Seems to be working well with phones, I do not think it has been thoroughly tested on tabs yet.

I just started building tonight's nightlies.

1. No, the settings is there but when set to 160, status and notifications are not at the bottom.

2. Settings - Storage - FC

DHO

Jun 6, 2010
d-h-o.us
1. No, the settings is there but when set to 160, status and notifications are not at the bottom.

Okay, I just stated the nightly builds for today, will be about 2 hours before all up.

1. As far as I can test on my phone at 160 dpi and tablet mode after a restart it should work. Does your launcher override the settings, try Apex launcher that is what I am testing with.
if t does not work, I will need a logcat to determine what is going on since I cannot replicate at home.

I need a logcat of this.

3. These will appear once #1 is working. They only appear in tablet mode.

Almost there :D

zard

Jul 19, 2005
Teach me how to get a logcat. Have never done before.

DHO

Jun 6, 2010
d-h-o.us
Teach me how to get a logcat. Have never done before.

Sure,

There are about 3 dozen ways to logcat, but this is my favorite

1) Grab a logcat App
- I prefer Log Viewer in the Play store

2) On Android 4.2.X, you need to move the application to system/data
- The best way is go to Titanium Backup. Long press and hit 'Convert to system app'
- Or use any root explorer and move to system/app

*** You get style points if at this step you queue up the process you are about to log in order to minimize spam in the logger.

3) Open Log Viewer or whatever app
- Hit 'Read'
- Hit the trash button until the log is clear. (Just starting up makes thousands of lines of code)

4) Now navigate to the problem and replicate it.

5) Hit recents and stop the logger. Send it in.

Last edited:
Reactions: PVL_93_RU

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Also does it work at other DPIs?

It's confirmed working on Grouper, so I know we are soo close. Just need to figure out the slight difference in Tilapia and will be go-to-go!

Congratulations! Almost done. Tried 160 and default 213 DPI, all working. Version tested is 5 & 6 March 2013.

1. Settings - Storage - FC - Resolved

2. UI Mode - NavBar and SystemBar - Resolved

3. The combined width entries are missing - Resolved

New issues:
    1. When opening the built-in browser, error occurs: Connection problem. There was a network error. This seems to happen only with XDA forum. When I tried with other websites, no such error.

2. After boot up, error occurs: Unfortunately, Messenging has stopped. If I open up messenging up, no such error.

Logcat
    for connection problem is attached.

1. APN is working now.

New Nightly is up. it should have alot of butter.

Should have BT fixesd, enabled telephony and SMS.
    Not sure if I fixed desktop/launcher issue or not, but added 213 DPI and that should hopefully force tablet mode.

Fantastic! Hopping over to download.

Update :

Looks like nothing has changed.

1. Bluetooth still can't turn on

2. Tablet mode at 160 and Nexus 7 mode at 213, status bar and notifications bar still stays at the top.

3. Under settings, display, navigation bar, advanced settings, after the "Navigation bar width" section where there is some explanation of combined width help, there's a whole lot of missing settings:

a. Combined bar width port
    b. Combined bar width land

After Nav button transparency, missing settings:
    a. NAVBAR HIDE OPTIONS
    e. Hidden Navbar Enable

4. APN still needs to be done manually, ie it's not automatically done. I didn't try to do it manually though, but I believe if done manually, it will work since the first nightly I tried works.

Nightly is finally up
    I might need a bit more in that logcat ;) I know,.. it's a fine balance.

It sounds proprietary related. I did not have time today, but I plan on refactoring them with another repo to ensure I got the best Tegra props.

Also would you find the full MMS app better than the basic one? I can include either, but usually the basic is included with GSM tabs.

On the telipia, I don't use the Messenging app at all. The issue is really the error message, which needs to be addressed. Same goes to the network connection error.