Search This thread

prasobnair

Jan 11, 2014
Cochin
Hi all...

I Have a wifi connectivity issue on my mobile ,

Make: Micromax
Model: canvas plus ( A110Q)

i got Dell Inspiron Laptop ( N4050) which was installed with Windows 7 Ultimate. i have a broadband connection (LAN) . I had installed a hotspot program named Virtual Router which i used for connecting other wifi devices and also the mobile i mentioned above. everything was working fine. no issues with wifi connectivity and authentication....

BUT recently i did change my operating system to Windows 8.1 . the same hotspot cannot be used on windows 8, so i did used Virtual Router Plus ( an upgraded Version ) .... all my wifi devices are connecting and working perfectly through the new hotspot except this Micromax A110Q. it found wifi conection and asking for security. once security is entered it shows " saved and secured" but while connecting i shows " Authentication Problem "

Why this is happening to this particular mobile while all other android and windows devices are connecting and working perfectly...

totally i am confused...
:eek:

Can some one help me?

prasobnair

Jan 11, 2014
Cochin
Have you tried deleting and recreating the wifi connection on your mobile? Android can get very picky about that. I have had similar problems at times and this solves it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ya i tried deleting all connection and even i did a factory reset... that doesnt work for me... :(

N

notanaccount

Very same problem...

Im facing very same problem...

I hv Galaxy Y Duos Lite : A average smartphone ..

and HCL U1 tab...

The problem is that Im unable to connect my Tab to My smartphone's wifi hotspot...

Except U1 Tab , im able to connect all devices to my phone...

As That Tablet dont have sim slot , Im interested to use my phones's data on tab by wifi tethering...

My friend has same phone as I hv , and tab is getting connected to it very fine....

It has problem only with my phone ...

I hv factory reseted both android....

But none helped....

Reilly1812

Nov 23, 2011
West Long Branch, NJ
In rare cases I have run into wifi connections that either won't take certain characters or limit the length of the password. Have you tried a short simple password of just letters and numbers? Just suggesting a quick test; changing everything can be a royal pain.

prasobnair

Jan 11, 2014
Cochin
My password is so simple that even a little kid can crack. :). But the same mobile was able to connect through same wifi hotspot when i had windows 7. But things changed when i install windows 8..
Sent from my Micromax A110Q using xda app-developers app

Reilly1812

Nov 23, 2011
West Long Branch, NJ
when you upgraded windows and went with virtual router plus, did you change anything, such as the band(s) you are using? other than windows and your router software did you change anything else?

prasobnair

Jan 11, 2014
Cochin
Nope... No changes made . just i did a fresh install of windows 8.1. All my other devices ( toshiba laptop. Samsung grand. Nokia lumia) are connecting and working well... This micromax A110Q got authentication problem.
Sent from my Micromax A110Q using xda app-developers app

Bozo10

Jan 14, 2014
Sucre
Hi all...

I Have a wifi connectivity issue on my mobile ,

Make: Micromax
Model: canvas plus ( A110Q)

i got Dell Inspiron Laptop ( N4050) which was installed with Windows 7 Ultimate. i have a broadband connection (LAN) . I had installed a hotspot program named Virtual Router which i used for connecting other wifi devices and also the mobile i mentioned above. everything was working fine. no issues with wifi connectivity and authentication....

BUT recently i did change my operating system to Windows 8.1 . the same hotspot cannot be used on windows 8, so i did used Virtual Router Plus ( an upgraded Version ) .... all my wifi devices are connecting and working perfectly through the new hotspot except this Micromax A110Q. it found wifi conection and asking for security. once security is entered it shows " saved and secured" but while connecting i shows " Authentication Problem "

Why this is happening to this particular mobile while all other android and windows devices are connecting and working perfectly...

totally i am confused...
:eek:

Can some one help me?

maybe try to change the hotspot name and pass? worked for me...
im using an xperia neo and cm10
for the hotspot im using mHotspot

prasobnair

Jan 11, 2014
Cochin
did all those trick tricky things long days before... but i think what i am looking for is the bandwidth... driver alteration... or something serious stuff inside but i am no expert in internal stuffs and alteration ..

prasobnair

Jan 11, 2014
Cochin
As i know...recent new patches not available for micromax but the virtual router customer service idea seems pretty.. I will give it a try... :)

Sent from my Micromax A110Q using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you tried deleting and recreating the wifi connection on your mobile? Android can get very picky about that. I have had similar problems at times and this solves it.