• I don't like TouchWiz that much

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • I don't like TouchWiz at all

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

MajorTom_

Feb 17, 2011
TW has grown on me. I like all those little TW only features (S view). I don't often use them but when I do I'm glad they're there.
It has come a long way. I hated TW back on the SGSII.
I like AOSP but I don't stay on it long because I often feels something is missing.

Lawful123

Nov 30, 2010
Touchwiz is bloated garbage with "features" that don't work. Samsung can make a phone but, they cannot "tweak" an OS. Much happier with an AOSP style OS.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

krelvinaz

Feb 20, 2008
Mesa AZ
Touchwiz is perfectly fine for me. I use my phone for both business and personal use. My primary needs are communication - Email (more than 5 different email streams using Touchdown, Gmail, and K9 as clients) - Messaging (SMS for business rarely use it for personal, Hangouts used for both business and personal), remote access (RealVNC, FTP, SSH/Telnet, VPN), Health, Weather (monitor my weather station, office environment, data center).

There are a lot of Touchwiz features I don't use, I simply turn them off, but they are there if I need them. A perfect example is that while I've had my phone since Oct, I have not used MultiWindow at all. I just turned it on last night as I found a real use for it.

Reliability. My phone works. Not sure why some others don't' but mine works great. Stock 4.4.2 Rooted rom. GPS, battery, no repeat reboots etc..

I have seen things cause issues, indicating they are the problem not the phone like Greenify, certain adjustments via Wanam Exposed. I use it for a lot of things, but some things I tried did start causing problems, slowness etc... I just turned those changes off.

Battery Life. This is the first smart phone that I have not gotten a secondary battery for. I easily get 14hours with room to spare and I am well prepared to charge if really needed (had a 27 hour stint on day at work for a major upgrade, just plugged it in).

Is it perfect, no... never seen a smartphone that is.. but as far as the ones that I have had, it is the best I've used so far.

I may not use my phone like a lot of you, I don't have time to play with loading different ROMs or making massive changes to the phone both due to lack of time and more importantly, this phone has to work for primary functions or it is useless to me.

It seems to me that if you don't like touchwiz, you root and load a lessor Rom with what you do like and be happy with that. Should they remove touchwiz, don't see that happening and still having the features that most owners use.

Note, most owners, don't know about rooting, they never heard of XDA and have no clue that you can do some of the things you can with the phone. They just use it and think it is great because they don't know of anything else.

MajorTom_

Feb 17, 2011
Touchwiz is bloated garbage with "features" that don't work. Samsung can make a phone but, they cannot "tweak" an OS. Much happier with an AOSP style OS.

What are the "features" that don't work? I mean everything works on my phone.

krelvinaz

Feb 20, 2008
Mesa AZ

So you are saying you agree with their statement...
Is TouchWiz’s interface and software library a success? Yes, it doesn’t make the phone run slowly, doesn’t look too bad and isn’t buggy. But it does require patience, isn’t quite as snappy as vanilla Android 4.3 and is about as far removed from the simplicity of an iPhone as you can get.

rawrfische

Aug 6, 2011
California
Shrug. Touchwiz has been fine for me. I say this after using AOSP on my previous phone for many months before getting the Note 3. I've started using a ROM with S5 TW elements in it and am pretty happy with it.

People complain about bloat, but they haven't seen anything until they've tried Sense. My last phone originally came with Sense, maybe that's why I don't mind TW too much, haha. AOSP is great, but maybe I've just grown bored with it.

d12unk13astard

Aug 5, 2010
Bakersucks
Shrug. Touchwiz has been fine for me. I say this after using AOSP on my previous phone for many months before getting the Note 3. I've started using a ROM with S5 TW elements in it and am pretty happy with it.

People complain about bloat, but they haven't seen anything until they've tried Sense. My last phone originally came with Sense, maybe that's why I don't mind TW too much, haha. AOSP is great, but maybe I've just grown bored with it.

I can't even stand the look of sense, it's just as bloated as TW is anyways. I do think that flagship devices like the note line should come with the option to buy stock Google edition along with the carrier bloat ware edition (Verizon has it, why not other carriers ffs).

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

willham

May 19, 2009
Seattle
I would love touchwiz if I didn't have to constantly turn data off and on just to search the Web after updating to kit kat....

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
Touchwiz is extremely bloated and slow, plus I DESPISE the colour scheme

Custom roms with bloat removed, or root ability to do the same, ad well as an aosp blue theme greatly changes things for me however. Say what you will, touchwiz had some great features over aosp. The Samsung email client blows the aosp one out of the water in terms of feature set, and email rendering ability

Last edited:

misterzeno

Jun 29, 2010
Houston, TX
After 3 Samsung phones I have gotten used to it. It's on here and I don't have major bugs so it is what it is. Still running 4.3 because it does what I need it to do.

sloanster

Jun 26, 2011
Bloomsburg, PA
It's called theming... try it, you will like it!

Touchwiz is extremely bloated and slow, plus I DESPISE the colour scheme

Custom roms with bloat removed, or root ability to do the same, ad well as an aosp blue theme greatly changes things for me however. Say what you will, touchwiz had some great features over aosp. The Samsung email client blows the aosp one out of the water in terms of feature set, and email rendering ability

Acaibowl

Oct 2, 2013
Seattle
I like TW on my Note 3 and I won't update to the newer version (S5) if becomes available.

I wish TW had more functions like locking the home screen (No, I don't want another launcher).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes it's true there are misconceptions but that's how it see things.
    But When you said I don't need a TouchWiz to have wifi calling sns/mms that's true but I don't have those phones
    And what did you mean about "carrier support files"
    So wifi calling uses a Giga of Space

Carrier support files are all those wonderful things you guys like like CIQ, and can't speak for T-mobile but Sprint adds things like Sprint Zone, Sprint Connection Optimizer and many more..so T-mobile has their own brand of similar files.

You complained about Touchwiz...is this your first Touchwiz phone? You stated you had to have it..I guess if you are stuck with this phone then yes..even the Nexus 5 does not have wifi calling and there is nothing they can do about it..so at least you have a choice. If this is not your first Touchwiz phone then...why?

Wifi calling does not use a gig of space...however Google apps and Touchwiz apps and support files together do. Samsung is lazy...if you ever decompile one of their apps you will see 1000's of icons that are never used...because the same TW app works on the other carrier phones as well as many other models so the icon packs included have to cover many resolutions so there are redundant folders. It is not cost effective to them to trim down all these apps and custom tune them for each phone they include them on...and then they would have to do the same for each update. Regardless, they do steal a little less than a GB of internal storage space. If you were to take an AOSP ROM, add gapps, and also download an equivalent app from Play for what is included in Touchwiz ROMs you would start nearing the same size. Debloated TW ROMs are about half the size of full stock.
    I hate TouchWiz with all my mind.
    I hate apple with all my mind and soul.

Well the reason why I don't like touchwiz is because it reminds me of apple
    And its just so hard to work with and I'm bound by it because I need WiFi calling.
    I grew up with the Google version of Android
    Its so nice and fun to use. it looks complex but it's simple and in a nice format.
    But TouchWiz looks too simple/complex and in a bad format.
    Also TouchWiz is full of stuff I don't even know that its for and it takes so much
    Room 1.5g+ but in Google version of Android its 150mb+ now that's a big difference.
    It almost seems like TouchWiz ROMs are built with apps there are like 300+ apps in a
    TouchWiz ROM, but in a true android rom its like 50+ apps. If your like me who deletes
    Apps that I don't need that will be a problem with TouchWiz roms. The apps are the firmware that will make deleting apps with a lot more consequence. And with all those apps it will bring down the performance of your phone.

writing this down helped me relieve my frustrations with TouchWiz.
    Share your experience with your TouchWiz experience so we can all suffer together.
    If you love TouchWiz tell us why.
    I look forward to hear your thoughts.
    Cheers

Wow...there are a lot of misconceptions here.
    First you do not need a Touchwiz phone to have wifi calling. The Xperia Z1S, the HTC One M8, LG G2, Flex, Optimus and other phones support wifi calling...Google phones do not because they get their software from Google without the carrier files. So you are not stuck with Touchwiz.
    The amount of apps on your phone do not impede performance. It would be the amount of apps running and syncing that would do that.
    Touchwiz is a UI...not just apps or the launcher as someone mentioned using Nova...you are still on Touchwiz..just not the TW launcher.
    So it is true that a UI sitting on top of a base OS can only slow things down a little...think Windows on top of DOS for us old folks.
    As TW phones are made for the common folk, there are a lot of included TW tied in apps for the general consumer so they do not have to spend hours searching Play for that perfect Sticky note app, or music player, or whatever...These apps can certainly be removed or frozen.
    Also included in the 1.5GB of OS is all the carrier support files and all the Google Apps...that 150MB you mention for AOSP has no Gapps included.
    I, too have tried AOSP ROMs...and found them to be no different with how they operate except all the nice shortcuts are gone and all the TW apps and widgets too. All are very Apple-like to me. I always got the best battery life on ROMs based on stock (TW).
    Well the reason why I don't like touchwiz is because it reminds me of apple

No offence but this is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. Please do tell how vastly different and inferior TW reminds you of anything that apple puts out. Do tell.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Yes it's true there are misconceptions but that's how it see things.
    But When you said I don't need a TouchWiz to have wifi calling sns/mms that's true but I don't have those phones
    And what did you mean about "carrier support files".

No offence but this is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. Please do tell how vastly different and inferior TW reminds you of anything that apple puts out. Do tell.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

lol sorry but i have to ask as well. You say "inferior" to Apple, I'd have to say that's inaccurate but subjective at best. If you mean inferior to an OS that is basically nothing but an app drawer, then ok I guess.
    I love the look and function. Especially the weather widget, Spen, and keyboard.