Forced OTA upgrades *MAY* fail on factory 1GB SD

Search This thread

satru

Apr 22, 2008
try unmount and reboot and check if when wake up is mount the sd from sd card option, maybe the phone made diferent assign to sd partition.

the partition in the sd card is only one, when the phone mount it , assign mmcblk0pl1 or mmcblk0pl0,

ej if you take out your sdcard without unmount, in the memory cache have this assigned partition up, if you insert other sdmemory or the same, the phone will assign or will mount it in diferent name partition. if the script of update find specific name partition , cant found it.

this wat i keep gettin

Android system recovery utility

E: Can't open /cache/recovery/command

Home+Back...etc

Alt+L- toogle log..etc
Alt+S-update.zip....etc
Alt+W-..etc

Installing from sdcard...

Finding update package...
E: CAn't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0pl1

(No such file or directory)
E: Can't mount SDCARD:update.zip

Installation aborted

Press HOme+Back to reboot

Darkrift

Oct 5, 2006
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I think what he is trying to say is if you shut down the device with the card in it it is assigned the name mmcblk0p1 but when you boot it back up it might be showing as mmcblk1p1. I know this happens on my desktop with sd cards, but I do not believe this is the case here.

satru

Apr 22, 2008
Thanks darkrift ,sorry for my english

The main idea is that the software in the phone is who assign the name to sd card partition

When mount the sdcard. If the update find name partition diferent to name assigned for the software of the phone. It will fail

I think what he is trying to say is if you shut down the device with the card in it it is assigned the name mmcblk0p1 but when you boot it back up it might be showing as mmcblk1p1. I know this happens on my desktop with sd cards, but I do not believe this is the case here.