New Working Market 2.2.7 (apk attached)

Search This thread

dabicho

Jan 13, 2011
Hi.
I have a Motorola Droid (A854)
The Market I have currently installed is version 1.8 and has a useless (for me) Verizon tab on it, so I guess is specific for Verizon

I tried to install this one (2.2.7) by renaming the old Vending apk, rebooting the phone and then installing through Astro.
However it always closes.
I have seen some people get log files. What do I need to get a log file or where can I read it?
I am quite new yet so I don't know a lot of the tools and ways.

Ellingsoc

Jul 26, 2010
So i updated to CWM 3.0.0.5 and i went back to 6.1.1 I get this error when i try to installed the market update throught the recovery

Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported. Amend scripting was deprecated by google in android 1.5
It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the clockworkmod 3.0 gingerbread based recovery. Please switch to Edify scripting (update-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages
Installation aborted

Any help would be great!

hayslett4

Oct 1, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
Market on Captivate

Okay, I tried the CWM flash first thinking that would be the safest and easiest way to do this. Completed without any issues, but still shows 2.2.3 in my Application Management. There were no force closes or anything like that... just no change.

I downloaded the .apk file and went the adb install route. "Failure" file already exists error came up... I decided to stop there and wait for an OTA update. I'm not crazy about the huge green top on the 2.2.3 version of the market, but it updates the programs and doesn't FC.

I cleared out the data for the Market through the application manager and the download manager, but that didn't do anything either. Just wanted to let you all know how it went on my Captivate running Perception 10.2, Firebird 2 1.0, and some other updated stuff. Enjoy!

sastreen

Aug 21, 2010
It says it will replace my other market. Is this normal and will iI still be able to uninstall updates?

alitos

Apr 21, 2010
Hurlburt Field
-_- maybe a very dumb question but am i correct to assume to flash this i would need linux or a live disk to boot into linux, i have the andoid sdk thingy on my windows but i dont think i know what im doing with it. HD2 superram froyo

and btw yeah clearing out data and installing it allowed it to work but only opening, it FC when i try to look at apps or go to my downloads section. ARIGATO

Lukehluke

Jan 12, 2009
To help save the XDA Developers community some bandwidth, we have hosted the file for free on our servers. You can find the download to the latest version of the Android Market on our server at our Android Market APK page.

Elemetrix

Apr 28, 2010
To help save the XDA Developers community some bandwidth, we have hosted the file for free on our servers. You can find the download to the latest version of the Android Market on our server at our Android Market APK page.
Tried to download this on my phone and it just downloaded a html file.

Downloaded the file from the first post but the phone won't open it..

Any chance on a Flashable version please?

Ok after various failed attempts to install it I managed to somehow remove the old installed version without realising. It would then let me install the new version, then it requested permissions and now I just get a server error..

Edit: Rebooted and now it just FCs every time I run it :(

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Market is for people with 480x800+ devices that weren't properly rendering the new market. APK is attached. Works great on Nexus S and Vibrant.

It may work on 2.1 and 1.6 but I haven't tried.

Install like a normal apk.
    I made a flashable update zip for myself. Here you go: Tested and working on my Droid 1 through Clockwork.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HRV18C74
    Hey,

My market just got updated to the latest one :) [auto]

I live in the UK, have a HTC desire unbranded.
    What i did was:
    Go Settings > Apllications > Manage applications and click on the Running tab.
    click on Google service framework, Force stop it and clear data and cache
    go back and click on market, do the same (Force stop clear data and cache.
    Restarted the phone, went into market, it was refreshing all the apps once it did i went back out of the market and back in and the new market came up :)

Dunno if it was because of what i did there or if it just recieved the update at that time, but for thosse who havnt received the official push update then give this a go and see if it works.

try this...it worked for me.i now have market v2.2.7...this just made my day.happy :D
    Whenever i installed and i opened it says server connection error, retry or cancel. Can anyone help me?

I get same error here. Nexus s
    wiped cache/ rebooted
    Installed this via Bonsai4all 1.0.3. Definitely noticed the difference on my Epic. Used to have very slow loading issues and everything transitions in a flash now.