FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][September 4] Andromadus Mimicry v1.5.0 [ICS / CM9.1 stable]

3,301 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,370

By blk_jack, XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD on 16th June 2012, 10:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th July 2012, 04:39 AM |#981  
I know everyone has different number of apps running @startup... but mine only has 80mb of memory left at startup.... that's much lower than what I had with ILWT, which was around 190mb....

Is this just normal ICS or is there something I can do to improve?

"there is no spoon"
17th July 2012, 04:41 AM |#982  
Flag Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chan1628

I know everyone has different number of apps running @startup... but mine only has 80mb of memory left at startup.... that's much lower than what I had with ILWT, which was around 190mb....

Is this just normal ICS or is there something I can do to improve?

"there is no spoon"

Having more memory is not necessarily a good thing. Android keeps applications in the memory so that it is quicker to switch between apps. Search for android RAM and read the articles. You are fine with the amount of RAM leftover.
17th July 2012, 04:43 AM |#983  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Sent from my HTC Vision using xda app-developers app
17th July 2012, 04:49 AM |#984  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinmudigonda

Having more memory is not necessarily a good thing. Android keeps applications in the memory so that it is quicker to switch between apps. Search for android RAM and read the articles. You are fine with the amount of RAM leftover.

ok, that makes sense to me.... but since we're on the topic of memory.... what about the Setting -> Performance -> Memory Mgm't settings?
is there anything in there that would help? I've read here & there that zRam doesn't do too much.... but I have checked "Allow purging of assets" and "kernel samepage merging".... is that ideal or what?
17th July 2012, 06:42 AM |#985  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 272

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinmudigonda

Having low memory slows down the phone. Everytime. So having more free ram is actually better for our phone.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium
17th July 2012, 10:50 AM |#986  
Flag Seattle, WA

More
Will this help our Desire Z? http://www.theverge.com/2012/7/16/31...-ics-announced

The HTC Design 4G uses the Qualcomm S2 (8655 to be exact)
17th July 2012, 04:33 PM |#987  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I've been thinking of buying the Wi-fi version of the Transformer Pad TF300T. To get it connected on the move I could use wifi tethering, but the last time I tried wifi-tethering on an andromadus rom it didn't work. Does it work now or do I have to roll back to GB? Probably going back to GB Miui, just wondering.

17th July 2012, 07:13 PM |#988  
Flag Cleveland, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lempiainen

I've been thinking of buying the Wi-fi version of the Transformer Pad TF300T. To get it connected on the move I could use wifi tethering, but the last time I tried wifi-tethering on an andromadus rom it didn't work. Does it work now or do I have to roll back to GB? Probably going back to GB Miui, just wondering.

Pretty sure it's fixed in 1.1.2. I used it a bunch while traveling a couple weeks ago. Been on Mimicry for many weeks.
17th July 2012, 08:35 PM |#989  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 116

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lempiainen

Just tried WI-FI hotspot and it worked for me (on 1.1.2)

-brad
17th July 2012, 09:06 PM |#990  
OP XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 11,370

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinoAMelone

Pretty sure it's fixed in 1.1.2. I used it a bunch while traveling a couple weeks ago. Been on Mimicry for many weeks.

Yea, Mimicry 1.1.2 should have fully functional wifi tethering. It was only an issue with 1.1.1 if I recall correctly

Also! I've had an IRC channel for awhile now exclusive to Mimicry. I've only told a few people and haven't made an effort to promote it whatsoever but for those interested or keen on learning what's going on with Mimicry, please visit #mimicry on freenode.

There are a ton of native IRC clients available, but if you'd just like to drop by to chat briefly you can do so by using the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension [link]. Also IRCCloud looks amazing [link] but it's a closed beta right now and you have to "apply" first. No idea if IRCCloud's process is quick but people have been singing its praises so..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blk_jack For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th July 2012, 09:35 PM |#991  
Flag Seattle, WA

More
Do u think the ics update for the htc design 4G (qualcomm s2/8655) will help out the 4.0+ roms for our phone blk?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)