[NIGHTLY][ROM][4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 for Acer A700

Search This thread

mac_o

Feb 20, 2013
Good evening,

I will do the same as peter_altherr w/o a full wipe. I'm using the latest CWM 6.0.4.4 from Rom Manager site and the latest stable cm 10.1.3 from pawitp. I'll give a report in a few days.

Thanks a lot to pawitp for working on android 4.3 for our a700

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

Good evening,

I will do the same as peter_altherr w/o a full wipe. I'm using the latest CWM 6.0.4.4 from Rom Manager site and the latest stable cm 10.1.3 from pawitp. I'll give a report in a few days.

Thanks a lot to pawitp for working on android 4.3 for our a700

paugustin

Dec 10, 2009
Paris
OnePlus 7
Flashed it I liked it ! Thanks again pawitp !

Before flashing your build I tried a version compiled by Shreps for A700. It was running fine except for smoothness. Your build is much smoother. I don't know what you did for that but even if it's not butter smooth it's still very usable that way.

Last edited:

Lindexslp

Feb 16, 2012
Frankfurt
www.buckshot-rock.de
Nice one!
Just installed the 10/22 nightly coming from the latest 10.1.
Waay better, running much more smoothly, no bugs found yet where 10.1. often fc'ed DSP manager when plugging in headphones etc.

Love it, huge thx 2U CM folks!

knedlyk

Jul 15, 2008
L'viv
Just curious, is "mount as mass storage" option missed in this rom? I cannot find it in Settings->Storage->Menu->USB computer connection, I see MTP and PTP options only.

jamart3d

Jun 27, 2013
Thanks for the build pawtip

Dirty flash 10/22 and gapps 813 , good.

Looks like kitman kernal doesn't work this 10.2

jamart3d

Jun 27, 2013
Oops, after a little more use, noticed adfree issues
Adds are not being blocked
And browser unstable.

Had to restore to 10.1.3

BonzenPaule

Jun 19, 2012
Munich
Google Pixel 7
Hi, im thinking of flashing this Rom. I liked CM 10 but skipped 10.1 because of the laggy performance. How is the 10.2 performance in comparison to the IconiaN Rom 2.6 (Android 4.1.1) by vorbeth? Can anybody tell me or do I have to try it myself? :)
Sincerely
BonzenPaule

pawitp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok
Hi, im thinking of flashing this Rom. I liked CM 10 but skipped 10.1 because of the laggy performance. How is the 10.2 performance in comparison to the IconiaN Rom 2.6 (Android 4.1.1) by vorbeth? Can anybody tell me or do I have to try it myself? :)
Sincerely
BonzenPaule

You can read through the last 3 pages. I've mentioned it already, it's similar to 10.1.

scoobyjenkins

Jul 8, 2012
Leeds
OnePlus 5
Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus
It has always worked for me without rebooting.

That's strange, it's only ever worked for me by rebooting, otherwise there is a notification that says, "blank sd card or has unsupported file system". My 8gb flash drive in the otg is fat32. But once I reboot, it is recognised and accessible. (Ive also had same results with a 500gb hdd with ntfs file system) Same on cm10.2 on both my devices as it was with cm10.1. No biggie for me, I rarely use this function so a reboot isn't a problem. I know many i9300 users reported the same as me with cm10.1. Do you use any app? Usb otg helper made no difference for me.

Tapatalked that shiznit.

pawitp

Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok
That's strange, it's only ever worked for me by rebooting, otherwise there is a notification that says, "blank sd card or has unsupported file system". My 8gb flash drive in the otg is fat32. But once I reboot, it is recognised and accessible. (Ive also had same results with a 500gb hdd with ntfs file system) Same on cm10.2 on both my devices as it was with cm10.1. No biggie for me, I rarely use this function so a reboot isn't a problem. I know many i9300 users reported the same as me with cm10.1. Do you use any app? Usb otg helper made no difference for me.

Tapatalked that shiznit.

I don't know about the i9300, but on the a700, it has always worked for me without rebooting or any other third party apps. Would you mind getting a logcat and dmesg after plugging the device in without rebooting so I can see what's happening?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

scoobyjenkins

Jul 8, 2012
Leeds
OnePlus 5
Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus
I don't know about the i9300, but on the a700, it has always worked for me without rebooting or any other third party apps. Would you mind getting a logcat and dmesg after plugging the device in without rebooting so I can see what's happening?

I'll try, but haven't done a logcat before, so bear with me!

Tapatalked that shiznit.

scoobyjenkins

Jul 8, 2012
Leeds
OnePlus 5
Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus

Ok, here goes! I'm new to this so I don't know which parts are relevant or if I even got what was needed but I ran a logcat and dmesg through terminal emulator then plugged my flash drive in via an otg cable, then exited terminal emulator. Sorry but I've just attached the full text files, hope they can help.

Attachments

• dmesg.txt
    73.6 KB · Views: 10
  • logcat.txt
    457.8 KB · Views: 5

pawitp

Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok
Ok, here goes! I'm new to this so I don't know which parts are relevant or if I even got what was needed but I ran a logcat and dmesg through terminal emulator then plugged my flash drive in via an otg cable, then exited terminal emulator. Sorry but I've just attached the full text files, hope they can help.

When you're not sure which part is relevant, it's more than acceptable to post the entire log. It's a lot better than only getting a snippet of what is not relevant. :)

Unfortunately, I'll have to ask you to do them again since the command are meant to be ran after the drive is plugged in. (They return everything that has happened until the point you run the command.)

scoobyjenkins

Jul 8, 2012
Leeds
OnePlus 5
Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus
When you're not sure which part is relevant, it's more than acceptable to post the entire log. It's a lot better than only getting a snippet of what is not relevant. :)

Unfortunately, I'll have to ask you to do them again since the command are meant to be ran after the drive is plugged in. (They return everything that has happened until the point you run the command.)

Hopefully I got it this time!

Attachments

• dmesg.txt
    58.3 KB · Views: 2
  • logcat.txt
    419.7 KB · Views: 2

pawitp

Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok
Hopefully I got it this time!

From the log, your thumbdrive is being detected just fine, but the system cannot find a valid partition for some reason (maybe due to the way it's formatted or partitioned).

If you'd like me to investigate more, I'd need to remote control your computer and access your device. Please add me on hangout (email in signature) if you'd like me to do so.

scoobyjenkins

Jul 8, 2012
Leeds
OnePlus 5
Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus
From the log, your thumbdrive is being detected just fine, but the system cannot find a valid partition for some reason (maybe due to the way it's formatted or partitioned).

If you'd like me to investigate more, I'd need to remote control your computer and access your device. Please add me on hangout (email in signature) if you'd like me to do so.

Thanks, I'll pm you when I'm ready to arrange that next week if you're free then.

Tapatalked that shiznit.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Device-specific source code for the Acer A700 are available from https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_acer_a700 and https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_acer_t30

Do not submit bug on CyanogenMod issue tracker

Downloads
    Latest Nightly: http://get.cm/?device=a700
    Google Apps: http://goo.im/gapps

Installation
    1. Install CWM recovery from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1791165 (note that the old touch version will not work because of incorrect default.prop from CWM builder)
    2. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    3. Install the ROM using ClockworkMod Recovery
    4. Optionally install the Google Addon
    5. Wipe data if coming from stock

Changelog
    A rough changelog is (will be) available here:
    http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/cm10.2/a700 or http://10.2.cmxlog.com/?device=a700

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread.

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow.

Code:
    What is your--
    Tablet model:
    Radio (baseband):
    CM version:
    CM Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Any chance that you compile cm 11 for the a700? I'm really curious about its performance on it. In my opinion it's a small improvement for the galaxy s3 but I bet the a700 can benefit more from kit kat and the art runtime. I don't want to pressure you just a sign of life :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

It's planned, but there are still some problems with it. Don't expect so much of an improvement though.
    Testing now after a fresh install and so far all seems to be working. Even though I can't find an option for screen sensitivity settings, the default seems to be the same as extra high in CM10.1 which I'm very pleased about as I couldn't abide using anything less! Thanks very much for porting this @pawitp :thumbup:

Screen sensitivity setting is removed and defaulted to "very high". Power mode is moved to performance settings.
    Hi

I have installed the last nightly build and both network indicators for traffic don't work. Is this a bug or a feature?

Bug.

EDIT: should be fixed in next nightly
    My tablet shows some nigthies updates for cm 10.2. I thougt with the release of the stable version the development was over.

Nightlies continue until the device is switched to CM11 officially.