Thanks Meter: 84

By jonnycat26, Senior Member on 21st February 2012, 03:12 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th February 2012, 10:44 PM |#21  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Chi-Town Suburbs
Thanks Meter: 2,608

More
Hey I'm putting this in Mr Root...but you think i can just take out the splash img from the file and flash it manually (fastboot flash splash splash.img)

1st March 2012, 01:22 AM |#22  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmc wildchild22

Hey I'm putting this in Mr Root...but you think i can just take out the splash img from the file and flash it manually (fastboot flash splash splash.img)

Have you tested it? I thought splash was just the startup splash?
1st March 2012, 02:38 AM |#23  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Chi-Town Suburbs
Thanks Meter: 2,608

More
No... I have an older device rooted with rev...so I cant test this.....but it should work if it was just the splash screen that was needed to fix it...
1st March 2012, 07:34 AM |#24  
Flag Midlothian, TX
Thanks Meter: 126

More
This is freaking driving me nuts. I've tried it every which way.

C:\android>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
error: cannot load 'recovery.img'

EDIT : um, i was actually naming the file recovery.img LoL After taking the .img off the freaking name, I finally flashed it. oopppsss.
1st March 2012, 09:14 AM |#25  
Flag Aurora CO via The Ville, SC

Donate to Me
More
After a lot of anger I finally unlocked my bootloader. I was getting so pissed I was about to say eff it and send the replacement device I got back and use my rooted s off device with the messed up back button.

All I can say to anyone that tries this just make sure you've done EVERYTHING it said to the T. I kept making stupid mistakes accidentally didn't download some files and I was getting pissed when I would go to the next step in the HTC DEV and the page would be blank.

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

Where do I do this step at?

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

EDIT - Nevermind. I figured it out. LOL... Never do this stuff when your tired! I'm surprised I didn't brick my phone lmao.

Do I fastboot hook my usb back up and type it in the command prompt box after I'm inside my directory I had to create and install things in earlier?
1st March 2012, 09:17 AM |#26  
Flag Midlothian, TX

More
That is to flash the recovery on your phone. If you are unlocked, it should be the next thing you do. Make sure the recovery is in the fastboot folder you created (yes with the fastboot.exe and couple others).

Make sure after you download the recovery file, rename it to recovery, not recovery.img. Then run the command.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to mrbmg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrbmg Ad-Free
1st March 2012, 09:21 AM |#27  
Flag Midlothian, TX

More
Yeh, before I got the recovery on my phone I accidently went into recovery in the bootloader lol. Got the red triangle on the phone

1st March 2012, 09:24 AM |#28  
Flag Aurora CO via The Ville, SC

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbmg

That is to flash the recovery on your phone. If you are unlocked, it should be the next thing you do. Make sure the recovery is in the fastboot folder you created (yes with the fastboot.exe and couple others).

Make sure after you download the recovery file, rename it to recovery, not recovery.img. Then run the command.

OK, so it said completed now how exactly do I flash ROMs and SU and stuff like that? Do I do it the same way with the fastboot and hook up my usb??? Or... Am I missing somethign here.

NEVERMIND AGAIN LMAO...

I think its time for bed because I keep overlooking simple ish that I've done BEFORE! LOL... smh
1st March 2012, 09:29 AM |#29  
Flag Midlothian, TX

More
Yeh, just make sure you actually flash the su before you try and open rom manager. You can still download su from the market, but it doesn't actully work right until you flash it through recovery. I just google superuser and it took me to the website, make sure you get the gingerbread one as well. Also, I'm sure you know this, but once it dl to your sd card, boot into recovery and flash zip from sd card.

Sure would be nice if we could get the 4ext recovery. Madmaxx is the man!

8th March 2012, 03:26 AM |#30  
Flag Midlothian, TX

More
This should be the way everyone is taught how to root with s-on. It seems to me once they do crack the s_off, anyone who has done their phone with the htcdev.com tool will have to relock their bootloader and downgrade in order to s-off.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium
12th March 2012, 02:57 AM |#31  
Flag Cowford, FL - Blackview BV9500 Pro
Thanks Meter: 75

More
So, this method worked. I got latest OTA, CWM installed, and flashed a ROM.

Oops, the ROM I flashed has no working wifi. Probably other stuff broken too. Too bad the ROM thread didn't mention this (just a bunch of people one-lining things like "this rocks" "best ROM evar" that sort of thing). So, I forgot to back up after getting CWM installed and now I'm stuck.

Question is, though, is my wifi borked because I'm S-ON Unlocked, or because of the ROM? Secondly, anyone know of this ROM available in "update.zip" form that I might flash from recovery?

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)