This is an alpha release, but you should find it stable for everyday use.
#include /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */ This is an alpha, with most critical functionality working.
1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager.
2. Do a Nandroid backup!
3. WIPE Data/Cache** (You can try to NOT WIPE, it works for me, but recommended wipe).
4. Install the ROM
5. Optionally install the Google Apps
HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
- Was your problem a hard reboot? Get us the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
- Was your problem a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred.
- Join #TeamDS on Freenode to talk to us directly.
Please note flashing someone else's kernel may ruin your experience with this rom and I advise against it. This rom was a joint effort between kornyone & tbalden. A LOT of core works for msm8660 was put in by many CM Team members, and much of our work is based on their: toastcfh, Kali-, Kmobs, Bumblebee, cretin45, and all of the rest of CM!
A personal shoutout (THANKS!) is due to these individuals for their dedication to the HTC Doubleshot:
kornyone, Stefan Seidel, and thanks to scverhagen of Github for keeping the kernel maintained, SilverL, XmcWildchild!
THANKS to intervigil for keeping the common HTC MSM8660 AOSP kernel up to date so many of our HTC MSM8660 phones are based on now in the Open Source community!
What doesnt work yet is:
Check CM-10 or CM-10.1 section depending on which version you want to try, and read up...
===================== CM 10.1 ========================
Preview version from legacy repos + official cm-10.1 branches
- synced to upstream Jun-16
- a series of video playback / overlay fixes (see below)
- fixed qcom-media-legacy pmem O_SYNC flag for correct video playback control from userspace (vidc: Use O_SYNC for pmem device. https://github.com/Team-Hydra/androi...411b77c2.patch )
- updated msm framebuffer/mdp4_overlay kernel drivers with under-running fixes
- some vidc fixes
Thanks to Albinoman887 for pointing out the media-legacy vdec fix, Darescu Ionut for the kernel fixes from CAF and SilverL for gathering the above kernel patches in his kernel tree
Probably fixes netflix issue (?)
- Fixed Search mobile networks for roaming and such
- Sync to upstream Jun 12
- synced to upstream jun-11
- reverted recent msm thermal changes to fix CPU freq issues (still testing)
- Synced to upstream again (jun-3)
- Google Hangout voice input accidental regression refixed (thanks Etn0ff for reporting)
- resynced with RC4 (june-1)
- fixed long power Power menu accidentally switching screen off (aka 'twitchy power key's revenge retorted' fix) http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/43...c/gpio_input.c
CM-10.1 Preview 16:
- synced to upstream Jun-1
- fixed soft reboots related to wrong network traffic logging data (negative value recorded)
CM-10.1 preview 15 aka 'cm-10.1-RC3 level' release:
- synced to upstream May-31
- fix for unworking Google Hangout voice input
CM-10.1 preview 14 aka 'cm-10.1-RC2 level' release:
- synced to upstream May-25
- crash with opened keyboard while call received gone
- fully intact new audio-caf (was replaced in cm upstream repo a few weeks ago for sony bring up)
- raised voltage for 96mhz for stability
CM-10.1 preview 13:
- synced to upstream (Apr-14)
- some display-legacy changes
CM-10.1 preview 12:
- synced to upstream (April 10)
- moving back to audio CAF variant (using Albinoman's recent patch to fix VOIP/gtalk with that variant)
CM 10.1 - PREVIEW 11
- synced upstream (april-04)
- Updated vidc and vidc_1080p.fw to jb_chocolate for testing
CM 10.1 - PREVIEW 10 - code name 'same day'
- activated Notification light/Battery light configuration in System Settings/System (you can set custom light settings for default notification/missed calls/voice mail and for each of your applications)
- replaced blob lights.doubleshot library with source built, adding new functionality:
- - Long blink for amber light (configure it in Notification light settings, set a color that's close to Amber (like red), and set Length to Long)
- - fixed dual light blinking when phone charging + notification happens
You can also set a notification blink length to Always on, then notification won't blink. For green light Long length doesnt work, it's not possible due to led restriction (kernel/hw imho)
CM 10.1 - PREVIEW 9
- synced to upstream (march 31)
- fixing back to Seidler's fixed light sensor driver, autobrightness should work fluent now (thanks Braccoz for patching msm8660 common kernel up) https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...its/cm-10.1-ds
- updated to Arco's new display-legacy repo, dropping 'HWC deprecation level 0' now https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...9e9c4763ef5e3d
- moving to GPU hwc instead of DYN hwc, now HWC framebuffer hickups and spam from logcat is gone, and more fluent composition https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...e4fecee225df04
- synced to upstream (march 30)
- added Alt/Shift lights (credits: Kornyone, SilverL, Braccoz): http://review.cyanogenmod.org/34903 http://review.cyanogenmod.org/34902
- added www/.com key functionality - cherrypicked from review: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/34032
- Fixing Power button accidental double presses (the annoying bug when you press power and screen switches on/off or off/on in one step)
- Updating kernel to 3.0.71 (thx scverhagen, XmcWildchild)
- updating kernel sound driver (thx XmcWildchild)
- Adding 1080p videorecording with CameraWrapper instead of hack (http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/34802/) - thanks for Scverhagen/SilverL/Braccoz/XmcWildchild for the original idea and media_profiles.conf
- reverted to audio legacy again (meh ), seems the patch didn't work out with a full clean build
- Clean build fixed the default browser's crash issues so far
PREVIEW 4 (03-28):
- Synced to upstream (March 28)
- Going back to qcom audio caf variant with this patch: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/34696/
- Kernel updated to 3.0.70 http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/34701/ thx XmcWildchild
! Please do a full wipe if coming from cm-10 !
The new branches for doubleshot and msm8660-common are already containing the cm-10.1 material, and TeamDS repos' have the forked qcom legacy repositories that we propose for inclusion in official CM repositories. The repositories for cm-10.1 namely are:
The legacy repos that needs yet inclusion:
https://github.com/arco/android_hard...display-legacy - NOT included yet in official CM repo
https://github.com/arco/android_hard...m_media-legacy - NOT included yet in official CM repo
https://github.com/TeamDS/android_ha...m_audio-legacy - NOT included yet in official CM repo
Patches in review in gerrit:
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/34409 - NOT merged yet
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/34377 - MERGED
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/34374 - MERGED
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/34696/ - MERGEd
camerawrapper patch for 1080p: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/34802/ - MERGED
Alt/Shift lights (credits: Kornyone, SilverL, Braccoz): http://review.cyanogenmod.org/34903 http://review.cyanogenmod.org/34902 - MERGED
www/.com key functionality - cherrypicked from review: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/34032 - MERGED
PREVIEW 3 (03-27): Installer: http://devhost.xda-developers.com/vvI
- Synced to upstream March 27
- moving back to qcom audio-legacy - gtalk mic audio was not routed on -caf variant - adding back audio-legacy dependency for now. This fixes G+ hangout/gtalk video chat audio issues
WHEN INSTALLING PREVIEW-3, AND DOING A FRESH FULL WIPE INSTALL, YOU MIGHT GET STUCK ON FIRST BOOT. PULL THE BATTERY AND REBOOT, should be fine
- it's just a hick-up in today's merged commits related to extended desktop stuff
PREVIEW 2 (03-26): Installer: http://devhost.xda-developers.com/Olj
- Synced to upstream March 26
- moved to common kernel again with deepsleep fix (thx Braccoz!)
- moving to qcom audio-caf version to remove one legacy dependency from the list
- Fixed more deepsleep issue (bluetooth paired and wifi on shouldn't cause deepsleep issue)
PREVIEW 1.1 (03-25) Installer: http://devhost.xda-developers.com/87n
- Bumping to cm-10.1 branches
- Preview 1.1 - fixed keyboard double types accidentally left out in Preview-1
- Fixed deepsleep issue
- All functionality that were working on cm-10, should work on cm-10.1
Preview 1: [B]Installer: http://devhost.xda-developers.com/QKL
Initial release for cm-10.1
===================== CM 10 ==========================
Cm10 build missing yet 1080p and alt/shift LED patch!
- Install this non-auto updating Google Play Store version: http://devhost.xda-developers.com/1ZM -- otherwise Play Store autoupdates itself to an incompatible version (android 4.2) - after first boot with gapps, and PlayStore autoupdate happened (crash starts), flash this, and should be good to go
- Gapps: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip (recommended, newer one overwrites libjni_latinime.so and gives AOSP keyboard errors)
- synced to upstream (March-22)
- added ds specific bluetooth driver : fixes bluetooth call / audio issues (works here on my headset fully)
This should give a fairly stable build of cm10, and all changes were merged to the official repositories
You can flash it over cm-10 alpha9/8/7/6/5/4/3/2/1
You need a full wipe from cm-9 or if any non cm-10 roms.
- synced to upstream (March-20)
- added legacy wifi driver (bcmdhd) to common kernel, fixing doubleshot wifi issues (should be as it was with alpha2, where cm9 kernel's bcmdhd driver was used)
- added Thermal service back to kernel into common kernel, as thermald blob doesnt work on cm10 with common kernel
- fixed default max freq to 1.2Ghz when you install on a clan wipe. Use SystemSettings/Performance/Processor menu to set your preferred max/min freq, and tick Set on boot to let it stick. (Possible oc up to 1.5Ghz)
- Installer: http://devhost.xda-developers.com/fqM
- Accidental double key press issue resolved for hw keyboard
Alpha 7 http://devhost.xda-developers.com/k24
- Synced to upstream (March-17)
- Bracco's fix for USB tethering / MTP / PTP modes of USB
Alpha 6 http://devhost.xda-developers.com/jSJ
- Synced to upstream (march-14)
- Using cyanogenmod common kernel msm8660
- Underclock added 96mhz (thx scverhagen!)
- Fixed light sensor values (alpha5 had them too low) on kernel driver level
20130312 alpha 5: http://devhost.xda-developers.com/9NP
- Synced to latest upstream (march-12)
- Fixed Alt/Shift keys
- added OTG patch from schverhagen repo
- cherry-picked a few more kernel commits from Schverhagen's ICS kernel
20130311 preview alpha 4 : http://devhost.xda-developers.com/MmC
- Wifi works fine
- Camera works fine (except 1080p video and panorama preview glitch, i think this was same in alpha3)
- fixed Usb mass storage speed
Regression in Alpha4:
- Alt/Shift keys doesn't work at all, have to fix this, I seem to have a regression from alpha 3, but couldn't figure it out, so thought I will upload a preview for those who can bear without the Alt/Shift keys.
Build 20130101 -- Alpha 3
- Kernel rebase found in Alpha 2
- Fixes to the camera preventing the locking issue. Camera should be solid again!
- Contains functional Alt/Shift key LEDS, working www./.com button
- Restructured 'blobs' files, such as mpdecision and htcbatt.
(I have found improved battery statistics and usability with the blob changes.)
Happy New Year!
Build 20121222 -- Alpha 2
This build has a somewhat new kernel base, as it's from a more up to date AOSP source which tbalden used when he ported our v2.6 kernel to v3.0 earlier in the year. It is a work in progress, but complete enough to warrant a release and more testing.
Build 20121121 -- Second public alpha (V 1.01)
- Upstream CM10 changes. No other large changes of note from previous 20121103 build pertaining to Doubleshot.
Build 20121121 (Alpha 1):
- Updated kernel base to v3.0.48.
- Updated keylayout. NEEDS MORE WORK.
You can get all of the Doubleshot source from the following URLs:
TeamDS Github https://github.com/teamds
CyanogenMod source is available from CyanogenMod Github https://github.com/cyanogenmod
If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance.
20130101 -- Alpha 3 -- http://www.jeago.com/doubleshot/cm-1...doubleshot.zip
20121222 -- Alpha 2 -- http://www.jeago.com/doubleshot/cm-1...doubleshot.zip
20121121 -- Alpha 1.01 -- http://www.jeago.com/doubleshot/cm-1...doubleshot.zip
20121103 -- Alpha 1.0 -- http://www.jeago.com/doubleshot/cm-1...doubleshot.zip