12th March 2013, 10:04 PM |#12  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 15,175

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosuchfile

What's the difference between this official CM 10 build and the unofficial CM 10 4.2.2 build (SilverL developer)?

Is there any plan to 'merge' the two? I am currently using the CM 10 4.2.2 and have been quite pleased, but I just wanted to know the plans for both projects.

Thanks for any info, and welcome back TBalden!!

this is an older jellybean version, cm 10.0 not the cm-10.1.
Current plans are:
- officialization of the doubleshot cm-10 to nightly/weekly status (swapping out cm9 weeklies)

We can't merge the cm-10.1 stuff which kornyone managed to hack together so fine, because it would need to much legacy qcomm 8660 stuff merged into official repositories, and it would be highly likely that it wouldn't be accepted, as there's a working new msm8660 HAL (for other devices and newer kernel) which is as of now incompatible with our legacy kernel.

Short version: as of now , official cm for doubleshot can go as high as Cm-10 (android 4.1.2) because of the qcomm incompatibility obstacle in android 4.2.2.
The Following User Says Thank You to tbalden For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th March 2013, 10:40 PM |#13  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Budapest

Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM][Official]MyTouch4G Slide CyanogenMod 10 20130312 [Alpha 5] - 4.1.2
Seems alpha5 got some performance boost for me....
Is this a good score?

Sent from my MyTouch 4G Slide using Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1363124371407.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	1800348  
12th March 2013, 10:44 PM |#14  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Budapest

Donate to Me
More
And quadrant

Sent from my MyTouch 4G Slide using Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1363124679178.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	1800361  
13th March 2013, 01:12 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 116

More
hey, nice to see you again.

i'll share some stuff i found out while messing with cm9 sources + the various stuff i found around this forum

about the alt/shift keys and leds:

the keys work and leds too with kornyone's fixes to the framework, however, i think that the way they are implemented is not the same as the stock rom. what i mean is, if you press alt/shift when playing a game, the led will light up, meaning the event is passed to the appropriate code, while in CM it does not, because meta keys are handled differently. i think this would explain why alt/shift may not work in some applications (i saw some report about browsers... didnt try myself though)

about Schverhagen's 1080p "fix":

i was pretty excited for that, but the problem is that it is not a fix by any mean. sure, it records 1920x1088 but it does so with an h.263 codec (h.264 crashes the camera), while the stock rom encodes h.264 [email protected] As for 720p, the encoder puts out h.264 [email protected] unlike stock rom which encodes @lvl4.0
i guess the encoder is part of proprietary blobs and/or has roots in the sense framework so the only option available is aosp one, but it may be worth looking into it

regarding overclocking:
i dunno the current situation for cm10 but i think it would be wiser to have the default max freq set to the stock 1188 Mhz, one can simply set it higher in the settings, and its safer for people who don't know/care (as much as the msm8260 is capable of going to 1512Mhz let's keep in mind that the additional circuitry and thermal design may not, and that it also varies from device to device)
13th March 2013, 04:32 AM |#16  
Chesapeake
Thanks Meter: 839

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbalden

Yeah. Next thing is going to be that probably.
Unfortunately kornyone's cm10.1 can't land to cm cause it needs too much legacy stuff

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I am not sure how it will go because the hack was put into the frameworks folder essentially telling android that 1920x1088 is a valid part of the resolution array.

But I hope it can be thrown in.
13th March 2013, 05:48 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

this is an older jellybean version, cm 10.0 not the cm-10.1.
Current plans are:
- officialization of the doubleshot cm-10 to nightly/weekly status (swapping out cm9 weeklies)

We can't merge the cm-10.1 stuff which kornyone managed to hack together so fine, because it would need to much legacy qcomm 8660 stuff merged into official repositories, and it would be highly likely that it wouldn't be accepted, as there's a working new msm8660 HAL (for other devices and newer kernel) which is as of now incompatible with our legacy kernel.

Short version: as of now , official cm for doubleshot can go as high as Cm-10 (android 4.1.2) because of the qcomm incompatibility obstacle in android 4.2.2.

Hey, I hate to muddy the forum any further, but this post raises a number of questions for me. There's a lot of good info in this post that I don't understand and I would be grateful if any of you guys could explain a few things. First off, how is it we have Android 4.2.2 in AOKP and CM varieties "unofficially" if the official CM 10.1 is unable to do that? Also, this business with the new HAL and "our" legacy kernel. Is the legacy kernel you mention the one in the official CM 10.0 or the one used to produce the two "unofficial" flavors of Jelly Bean 4.2.2 (or both)? What does the new HAL offer us, and why is it that we can't have an official CM 10.1 with the latest HAL and updated kernels (i.e. toss the legacy stuff)? Also, why am I seeing references to MSM 8260 as our chipset when I read info on CNET and Phone Arena and not MSM 8660, as you are calling it?

Thanks ahead of time for any replies.
13th March 2013, 07:59 AM |#18  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Budapest

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomGaZer

Hey, I hate to muddy the forum any further, but this post raises a number of questions for me. There's a lot of good info in this post that I don't understand and I would be grateful if any of you guys could explain a few things. First off, how is it we have Android 4.2.2 in AOKP and CM varieties "unofficially" if the official CM 10.1 is unable to do that? Also, this business with the new HAL and "our" legacy kernel. Is the legacy kernel you mention the one in the official CM 10.0 or the one used to produce the two "unofficial" flavors of Jelly Bean 4.2.2 (or both)? What does the new HAL offer us, and why is it that we can't have an official CM 10.1 with the latest HAL and updated kernels (i.e. toss the legacy stuff)? Also, why am I seeing references to MSM 8260 as our chipset when I read info on CNET and Phone Arena and not MSM 8660, as you are calling it?

Thanks ahead of time for any replies.

Don't be upset, I'll be instead now . Do it yourself if you have time. Read up and get dirty the hands submitting patches that might get rejected because stuff is too legacy. Its all open source. Bumping kernel, dropping current? Do it! Its a piece of cake maybe,but maybe camera won't work and it will be a bit unstable for the first few weeks you try to debug it...
As I said me will look into officiallization of cm10 which is realistic aim.
That's what I have time for.

As for msm8660 let's just call it 8x60. Basically it's the same from a technical point of view

EDIT: ah, dont take this personally, i've re-read your questions which are well intentioned, but anyway long story short, it gets messy when so much change has been made by opensource qualcomm source code, and it doesnt really need too much explanation. If you really need the detailed explanation, it's because you want to do it yourself, otherwise its mostly chatting about nothing.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tbalden For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th March 2013, 04:05 PM |#19  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Budapest

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverL

I am not sure how it will go because the hack was put into the frameworks folder essentially telling android that 1920x1088 is a valid part of the resolution array.

But I hope it can be thrown in.

well, i have seen that it also uses another codec which is not h264, and needs camera app hack too, so it's not too straightforward.
i'll look at the cpu underclocking for now.
13th March 2013, 06:23 PM |#20  
Chesapeake
Thanks Meter: 839

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

well, i have seen that it also uses another codec which is not h264, and needs camera app hack too, so it's not too straightforward.
i'll look at the cpu underclocking for now.

Maybe thats why its not working 100% in mine too.. Damn... I guess I have to check that too. you know.... for the users *cough*
The Following User Says Thank You to SilverL For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SilverL Ad-Free
14th March 2013, 11:11 AM |#21  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Budapest

Donate to Me
More
Anyone of the 22 downloaders (checked dev-host) having any issues? Here it seems to work quite well.

next thing i will add is underclocking to 96mhz. Seems to work quite stable here.
Also I've merged DS legacy msm camera driver into cm htc_msm8660 common kernel, so we can join efforts with the msm8660_common on kernel level too. Now it works pretty well. Next alpha is going to be based on the common kernel with these camera fix patches + underclock to 96mhz. http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/33824

If things go well, next step is going to be to bump official cm9 weeklies to cm10.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tbalden For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)