[Q] GPS no lock or satellites

Search This thread

parabel81

Nov 30, 2012
same problem

As I posted in another thread looking for a spare wrist band it is a hardware problem.right a tvyhe spot where the antenna cables come out of the housing the insulation is gone and so is my GPS reception. I made pictures as well. You can see them in the other thread. Omate won't do anything about it and I simply can't find a place where to buy such a strap.

puddleglum81

Apr 17, 2013
No Pictures

There are no pictures now available - can you please send updated links?

Thanks

You're lucky I don't feel like working today. :) But I take no responsibility if you break your watch more than it was or in entirely new and different ways.

omate-gps-1.jpg

Open the watch. 4 screws.

omate-gps-2.jpg

Lift out the battery

omate-gps-3.jpg

Take out the plastic spacer. 2 screws (Red). Yes, I lost one.
The charger connector lifts straight up and off (Blue). Also, there is some glue or something that holds it in the upper right quadrant of the picture. And the sticker in the bottom right sticks to electrical components on the board below. I believe it may be made to tear if you lift this spacer out but mine didn't.

omate-gps-4.jpg

Here is the guts of the watch.

omate-gps-5.jpg

Zoom in on the bottom left quadrant showing metal of antenna connector touching... something else metal.

omate-gps-6.jpg

I just put a bit of label on the metal something to prevent touching.

Good luck!

carpchuo

Aug 14, 2015
GPS ISSUE

Hi,( new to this)
I have also an Omate Truesmart which has the same issue as all of you. Not detecting GPS satellite.
Planned to use it for my Sports Tracking but due to the GPS issue.
Without this function, the watch seems redundant to me. :)

Any solution

Last edited:

heavyaor

Dec 1, 2010
No Pictures

No Pictures
There are no pictures now available - can you please send updated links?
thx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please. could you upload a picture or a small scheme of what you've done? I don´t know how to try to repair it. Thanks.
    You're lucky I don't feel like working today. :) But I take no responsibility if you break your watch more than it was or in entirely new and different ways.

omate-gps-1.jpg

Open the watch. 4 screws.

omate-gps-2.jpg

Lift out the battery

omate-gps-3.jpg

Take out the plastic spacer. 2 screws (Red). Yes, I lost one.
    The charger connector lifts straight up and off (Blue). Also, there is some glue or something that holds it in the upper right quadrant of the picture. And the sticker in the bottom right sticks to electrical components on the board below. I believe it may be made to tear if you lift this spacer out but mine didn't.

omate-gps-4.jpg

Here is the guts of the watch.

omate-gps-5.jpg

Zoom in on the bottom left quadrant showing metal of antenna connector touching... something else metal.

omate-gps-6.jpg

I just put a bit of label on the metal something to prevent touching.

Good luck!
    thats a possibility. there have been others with ant not connected or bad connections. i backed three ts. the one on my wrist works without issue. the one a gave to my buddy seems to be without issue. i have one more that i havent turned on yet. but whats the chances of all three being without issue. I backed nov std ed. i recieved Dev numbered ed