Search This thread

Rajeev

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 24, 2012
Chennai , I N D I A
Xiaomi 13 Pro

P100.png

Friends

Here is a Little Tutorial for making a 5 Button Navigation Bar mod. This tutorial should work in all sony devices that running Android version 4.1 and above. Tested in 4.4.4 too. Works well.

U all know that the Default Navigation Bar comes with only 3 Buttons. Back , Home and Recent Apps. So this little tutorial will help u to add extra two buttons (Very useful at some times) to the Navigation bar. One is Power Button and Next is Menu Button.

• One PC
  • Little Knowledge of Decompiling, Editing XML Files and Signing Apks
  • Notepad ++
  • Some Brains :silly:

Note :- U can get the Notepad++ and Apktool for De compiling from here. Also there is a nice tutorial too..

(1) Decompile ur SystemUI.apk and go to res/drawable-xxhdpi folder.Then download ,extract and move the " TWO " attached pngs to that folder. It will ask for replace. Click yes. Do the same in “drawable-xhdpi“ folder too. Not necessary. But just do.

For Device With XHDPI Add the Pngs to XHDPI Folder

For Device With HDPI Add the Pngs to HDPI Folder

(2) Then go to res/values folder and find ids.xml file. Open it with Notepad++ ( Right Click and then Edit With Notepad++ ) . Then add this line at the end

Tuto100.png

Save it and close it.

(3) Now go to res/values/strings.xml and add this line at the end

Tuto101.png

save the xml file and close it..

(4) Then go to res/layout and find navigation-bar.xml and open it with Notepad++. U can find this

Tuto102.png

Just delete the marked lines and paste these lines to there

Click Here

Then save it and scroll down and u will see this

Tuto103.png

Just delete the marked lines and paste these lines there

Click Here

Save it and close the xml file

(5) Recompile and sign the SystemUI.apk and use it.. U will get 5 Button Navigation Bar…:good::good::good:

Credit :

@sandy7 for Basic Tips

DOWNLOADS

(1) View attachment Power_Button_XXHDPI.zip

(2) Power Button for XHDPI Devices. http://d-h.st/tkg Thanks to My Brother @DaRk-L0rD

Last edited:

Trucifix

Oct 21, 2013
Columbus
TUTORIAL – ADDING 5 BUTTONS MOD IN NAVIGATION BAR

Friends

Here is a Little Tutorial for making a 5 Button Navigation Bar mod. I know some of you are already knows this. So if u already knows this means leave it. This is for new Friends.

I was able to use your tutorial and code to make a four button navi bar. I appreciate your time and effort.:cool:

std396

Jan 11, 2009
LAS VEGAS
Hi @iamkani bro

Try this 5 Button Mod for Stock Deodexed ROM. I dont have my XZ to Test. So test this and Report with A Screen Shot... :good:

Regrads

Rajeev

I flashed the zip file via cwm. I wiped cache, and dalvik cache, flashed the zip. Still didn't get 5 button navigation bar, I still just have the home, back, and small apps icon. Did I do something wrong? Ps I have deodex 67 stock rom. I want to have 5 buttons so bad.

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts