complete(write) operation failed...please help

Search This thread

x_man9989

Apr 3, 2009
Tabriz
finally i found the solution!
there are not problems with pc and ports and drivers and etc ...
you have to flash just with pit file
i tested again with pit file and fortunately the problem did not appear and all things have don without any problem
this link is the pit file of note 4 (n910c)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/duv195q4sfw7pra/N910C_TRELTE_EUR_OPEN_SEA+by+sawgent.pit
its easy to find your cell phones pit file
be careful you must use the certain pit file of your cell phone
and also it is not necessary to add file for the nest time.

Last edited:

nickboy1

Sep 30, 2014
Some great news. I'm back in business with my vibrant. The issue seems to have something to do with odin, because after several tries WITHOUT closing odin it worked. Until now I would restart odin because I thought that might help but the opposite worked better.

With that and the advise that wildklymr provided I was finally able to flash back to stock.

Thank you very much for the help, really appreciate it. :D

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

Iam having this issue plz help me tell me what should i do

rahulkhanna19991

Feb 9, 2017
my samsung galaxy note 2 n7100 is not able to get rid of LOCK OPERATION FAILED when i am starting firmware in odin... plz suggest me a solution.. i hv all latest drivers , recovery file, pit file... what else i do plz suggest

tarun8429

Jun 10, 2017
Hi everyone, I'm in a bit of trouble and I am really hoping that someone can help me out.

Yesterday I was flashing some rom or kernel or something and for some reason decided to try to repartition(my stupid mistake), but Odin stayed on Do Not Turn Off Target for a few hours so I thought I had no other choice but too restart the process, so I unplugged it. Well since then I get the phone-!-Computer, but I am still able to get to the download screen.

The problem is this:

What I have tried so far:
1) flashing stock, and other versions-same result
2) using different computers, different OS ( 7 and XP )
3) Odin v1 and v1.3
4) changing the port number
5) trying to repartition again, always hangs for hours at Do Not Turn Off Target
6) I have tried many, many times :(

I have found others having similar issues but most were able to fix by reflashing to stock, didnt work for me.

I would greatly appreciate any help, thank you

Try to keep Odin.exe and rom.md5 both in same folder

rizkiishadez

Jun 18, 2017
had the same issue, almost desperately sold my phone (Samsung S7).
came to this thread.
followed all of your instruction to not to reset odin, succeed at 3rd or 4th try.

mahon94

Dec 22, 2018
Worked with following config

After thousands of trials it finally worked with the following config:

• - make sure you got the latest firmware/stock rom
    - changing to usb 2 made it work (apparently usb 3 is problematic)
    - run odin as administrator
    - used pit file as well :
    actually set all 4 files ( BL, Ap, cp, csc), with the auto reboot and f.reset Time checked

tofrus

Jan 12, 2016
Guys, mine is fixed with pit file and stock rom file. After I put the pit file into odin and stock rom, I UNCHECK the "Re-Partition" (Usually once you put the PIT file, the repartition went on).

So big thanks for everyone talking about the Pit file, I was stuck for hours. Good luck guys!

da22nadeem

Nov 24, 2011
unable to install stock rom on samsung note 8

Some great news. I'm back in business with my vibrant. The issue seems to have something to do with odin, because after several tries WITHOUT closing odin it worked. Until now I would restart odin because I thought that might help but the opposite worked better.

With that and the advise that wildklymr provided I was finally able to flash back to stock.

Hi I rooted my Samsung note 8 Exyn and then flashed evolution x.
Now I want to go back to original Samsung ROM but on Odin it shows failed when I tried to install the Samsung ROM, Please help...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Good News - Found Fix!

Keep Odin open and change USB ports, remount the PDA & flash. Hope this helped, worked for me :)
    finally i found the solution!
    there are not problems with pc and ports and drivers and etc ...
    you have to flash just with pit file
    i tested again with pit file and fortunately the problem did not appear and all things have don without any problem
    this link is the pit file of note 4 (n910c)
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/duv195q4sfw7pra/N910C_TRELTE_EUR_OPEN_SEA+by+sawgent.pit
    its easy to find your cell phones pit file
    be careful you must use the certain pit file of your cell phone
    and also it is not necessary to add file for the nest time.
    Well repartition isn't anything to be scared of in odin. I would recommend downloading eugene373s froyo that doesnt brick, flash that via odin with repartition checked, then flash back to stock with repartition unchecked. This fixes voodoo soft bricks among other types of bricks. If using windows vista or windows 7 to open odin right click on it and run as administrator. I've heard it sometimes workes without that step, but I never got it to work without doing that.

Edit: also try redownloading the pit file, sometimes if it gets corrupted it can cause problems.

I will try this right now...

Tried this and get the same result. While doing this with repartition checked, Odin hangs again, also tried with repartition unchecked and receive the same result as in first post.

I also tried flashing the stock kernel and it gives pretty much the same result except it fails after zImage instead of cache.rfs. It looks like it just cant write anything. What could be wrong?

<ID:0/002> Added!!
    <ID:0/002> Odin v.3 engine (ID:2)..
    <ID:0/002> File analysis..
    <ID:0/002> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/002> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/002> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/002> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/002> zImage
    <ID:0/002> Complete(Write) operation failed.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
    same for me... about three times with changing ports... nightmare ;/