[All XDA Members] Requests to Moderators and Admins

Search This thread

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
Rather than sending a PM to an individual Moderator, please feel free to ask questions in need of Moderator or Admin assistance. We will all be monitoring this thread, and someone will reply without much delay. In order to hopefully address some of the possible questions, please review the following points which frequently come up:

• Username Change - Send a PM to either MikeChannon or the_scotsman in the first instance. Be sure to include what you would like your name changed to, and also why you want it changed. Providing that information in the initial PM will save us a reply asking for it. There is no official limit on name changes, but keep it reasonable or you'll be stuck.
  • New Forum Requests
  • Operator or Country Flag Incorrect/Missing

If you are not a moderator or admin on the forums, please do NOT respond to any posts in the thread. This includes the incredibly tempting. Given the overall size of XDA and potential ramifications, we need to ensure that only people authorized to speak on our behalf do so. Please, and thank you in advance.

Edit done to OP for updates by CJK

This thread hereby replaces (requests) From the Users to the Mods & Admins, which has been closed and archived. There will be zero tolerance for off topic posting in here. Regardless of forum reputation, warnings and/or infractions will be issued to anyone disregarding such a simple request. There will also be no flaming of members posting in here. Report it, and move along.

Last edited by a moderator:

boborone

I saw this thread. Did a (search url edited out cause all threads were deleted off xda) for the app to read about it. Third hit is this thread on xda. Which lead to (his site edited out also) Which contains dl links that lead to ads or sign ups on other forums. And also this other thread on xda.

There's just so many rule violations in that trail, it's mind boggling.

It's all hacks to get free content from in game credits that take away from the developer's pocket. Can someone take care of this?

Last edited:

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
My request. Such a thread to be created in every forum Q&A section and to have people redirecting questions there.
Pros.
Keeps forums cleaner
People learn quicker
People that are helping get kudos
People that are helping learn a lot along the way
Common thread for many people so it helps to promote fiendly atmosphere as people get to know each other

Cons.
None really, as long as noobs are not spoon fed.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1443587

Deadly

Jul 19, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 5
I have a weird Bug.. Subscribed Threads widget..
Its happening only from around 24 hours / so.. The problem is when i click and open a thread which is shown at widget in "threads" middle tab. The thread is still being shown and it has not got any new/unread posts..

Say i have 4 new/unread thread. I open 3 at the same time. After reading them, i open 4th one. The 4th one will still show the same 4 threads as unread. Even though no new posts were made there.. If i open a new xda page from my bookmarked link, the widget doesnt show those 4 threads and it is properly updated, as it should.
Tried clearing cache etc. usual troubleshooting methods done.
Chrome latest build .. Ubuntu 11.10 32 bit OS..

Also a Request/Suggestion.. Is it possible to add button under more info/ inside more info button for "MY WORKS DOWNLOADS" kind of feature..
It should contain download links to their works/ download links for github/ any other repo sites.. Or it can contain links to their threads whicg will be more value to all? Only some sites can be made available to add so that spamming will be avoided?
And thank widget is very useful.. I wish it was online again.. may be its under improvements / maintenance as its in beta stage.. I will ask in the thread made for that..

@Admins.. When same user posts in same thread after his/her own post regardless of time of posts.. Is it possible to get an option like add it to older post / as a new post option? it could be added as a check box option as show your signature / quote message in reply.. It would help a lot of users as sometimes this way helps to bump the thread and also keep it clean by not posting by same user again.. It will also help users who wanted to post it as a seperate post..
As i had a really bad time one time.. I was trying to release a new kernel version in seperate post with title on that post.. But it kept joining to my previous post which was a reply to another person for his bug report.. I fell this option will help many users..

Also, I wrote a guide [GUIDE]DONT KNOW SOMETHING? Check here first! in SGY forum.. And i have given links to this thread and some other useful threads of about xda section in 2nd page first post in that thread of mine.. Is that OK? i hope its not a problem! I have given one line description there to avoid problems..

EDIT: There is another bug.. 10-Post Warning Thread by vanessaem is not possible to see in app. It gives blank screen.. All other threads are fine. Only this thread. This is a sticky thread. So it should be more helpful if it is visible in app also. i know app bugs should be reported in XDA app thread.. But it happens in tapatalk too.. I'm not sure its only me or others have this bug..
kefuq.png

EDIT 2: Is there a possibility to make subscribed thread/forum widget to show more than one sub/forum under 3rd tab "forum" section? Currently it shows only 1 sub section and i have 3 sub-section subscribed. Also forums as a whole can be made subscribe-able instead of just sub-forums? as in app it is possible to do?

Last edited:

Deadly

Jul 19, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 5
^^^In regards to the 10 post warning thread, click on the writing and it will show up. It's just because the writing is darker black so it won't show up on that theme of the app. Mine's the same.

I've been approved by Snowflake. Jealous? :p

lT9hF.png

Yes, you are right.. I forgot to check in light theme as I always switch to dark as soon as I install the app. He has just set it to color=black.. So i couldnt see.. I checked editing my own post like this and it had same behavior..

Sent from the MUST have app!

Last edited:

HEXcube

Aug 18, 2012
HEXcube.github.io
Can i attach Official Firmwares?

I wanted to attach parts Official Firmware files in one of my posts. The firmware is Stock Android 4.0.4 for my rk2918 tab and vendor is Rockchip. I'm planning to attach boot, kernel, recovery, misc, bootloader, etc(all files except system.img which is 480MB in size). All of them less than 8mb in size and hence within attachment size limits. Is it okay to post it here at XDA. I've seen people post mods and unofficial firmwares here, but i'm not sure about the Official ones. One of my fellow XDAian and modder told that all Android firmware is GPL licensed and so okay to post. If not which parts can i post?

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
I wanted to attach parts Official Firmware files in one of my posts. The firmware is Stock Android 4.0.4 for my rk2918 tab and vendor is Rockchip. I'm planning to attach boot, kernel, recovery, misc, bootloader, etc(all files except system.img which is 480MB in size). All of them less than 8mb in size and hence within attachment size limits. Is it okay to post it here at XDA. I've seen people post mods and unofficial firmwares here, but i'm not sure about the Official ones. One of my fellow XDAian and modder told that all Android firmware is GPL licensed and so okay to post. If not which parts can i post?

We prefer these files to be posted offsite, at a site like Mediafire, or DevHost. If for no reason other than stressing our download server.

HEXcube

Aug 18, 2012
HEXcube.github.io
It's legal, right?

So , it's legal if i post it here, right? So,there won't be any copyright issues and the post will be in compliance with XDA terms?
As per your suggestion i'll link to the uploaded files in some File Sharing site. But, when small files are posted, i may upload it in XDA itself.
Thanks!

ppero196

Apr 14, 2012
Up north!
So , it's legal if i post it here, right? So,there won't be any copyright issues and the post will be in compliance with XDA terms?
As per your suggestion i'll link to the uploaded files in some File Sharing site. But, when small files are posted, i may upload it in XDA itself.
Thanks!

You are correct

Sent from my MB526 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: sujayc27

neectron

Dec 26, 2011
Really>?
In main index Xperia S, Acro S, Ion forum in listed as Xperia S,can you rename it to Xperia S, Acro S, Ion and also
Xperia P, U, Sola, Go forum is listed as Xperia Go,can you rename it to Xperia P, U, Sola, Go.So it will avoid confusion.

Thank you.

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
In main index Xperia S, Acro S, Ion forum in listed as Xperia S,can you rename it to Xperia S, Acro S, Ion and also
Xperia P, U, Sola, Go forum is listed as Xperia Go,can you rename it to Xperia P, U, Sola, Go.So it will avoid confusion.

Thank you.

To whom it may concern...

...the above set-up would be more beneficial for users of the 2011 Xperia Range so if this is possible it would be much appreciated.

We are working on a redesign of all Sony forums currently, and anticipate being done within a few weeks.

Reactions: SXUsr and neectron

KidCarter93

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 26, 2012
Coventry, UK
We are working on a redesign of all Sony forums currently, and anticipate being done within a few weeks.
With the split of the Xperia 2012 range, the S, Acro S & Ion forum is currently un-moderated. I've PMed E.Cadro asking if he'll be moderating that section as he did before, but he hasn't been told yet.
Any idea who will moderate it and when that will come into effect?

I've been approved by Snowflake. Jealous? :p

Jonny

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 22, 2011
My request. Such a thread to be created in every forum Q&A section and to have people redirecting questions there.
Pros.
Keeps forums cleaner
People learn quicker
People that are helping get kudos
People that are helping learn a lot along the way
Common thread for many people so it helps to promote fiendly atmosphere as people get to know each other

Cons.
None really, as long as noobs are not spoon fed.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1443587

I +1 this, its a great idea and has worked extremely well in the sensation forums :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi, can you create a new thread with the name: WP12 PRO, and move all post between me and PYCON in the WP12 PRO thread please.​

Hello and good morning, @SwedishForenger

Certainly, I could but I don't understand why I should become owner of such a thread? Why don't you create the thread and in turn request the move of the respective posts?

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Hello and good morning, @SwedishForenger

Certainly, I could but I don't understand why I should become owner of such a thread? Why don't you create the thread and in turn request the move of the respective posts?

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke

Thanks for your reply.
    Yes of course, I'm sorry, I just assumed that as an admin or Moderator you had access to such tools to create threads for me, and move posts directly, since I as a regular user cant move post etc..

I created the thread here:

Good afternoon, @SwedishForenger

Just to be sure that I move the correct post and not to leave it to my guess, could you provide me with the numbers of the posts that are supposed to be moved.
    Or do you indeed mean that all of your posts and all of @PYCON's posts in that thread should be moved to the new ones?

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke

Thank you.
    Yes, move it all. It became clear to me after a while, that it was the WP12 pro he was asking for help on, on my thread on WP17 pro. I will redirect him to the new thread.
    Thanks for your reply.
    Yes of course, I'm sorry, I just assumed that as an admin or Moderator you had access to such tools to create threads for me, and move posts directly, since I as a regular user cant move post etc..

I created the thread here:

Good afternoon, @SwedishForenger

Just to be sure that I move the correct post and not to leave it to my guess, could you provide me with the numbers of the posts that are supposed to be moved.
    Or do you indeed mean that all of your posts and all of @PYCON's posts in that thread should be moved to the new ones?

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Thank you.
    Yes, move it all. It became clear to me after a while, that it was the WP12 pro he was asking for help on, on my thread on WP17 pro. I will redirect him to the new thread.
    Accomplished.

Would you mind to check if I moved the correct ones or missed one?

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Rather than sending a PM to an individual Moderator, please feel free to ask questions in need of Moderator or Admin assistance. We will all be monitoring this thread, and someone will reply without much delay. In order to hopefully address some of the possible questions, please review the following points which frequently come up:

• Username Change - Send a PM to either MikeChannon or the_scotsman in the first instance. Be sure to include what you would like your name changed to, and also why you want it changed. Providing that information in the initial PM will save us a reply asking for it. There is no official limit on name changes, but keep it reasonable or you'll be stuck.
    • New Forum Requests
    • Operator or Country Flag Incorrect/Missing

If you are not a moderator or admin on the forums, please do NOT respond to any posts in the thread. This includes the incredibly tempting. Given the overall size of XDA and potential ramifications, we need to ensure that only people authorized to speak on our behalf do so. Please, and thank you in advance.

Edit done to OP for updates by CJK

This thread hereby replaces (requests) From the Users to the Mods & Admins, which has been closed and archived. There will be zero tolerance for off topic posting in here. Regardless of forum reputation, warnings and/or infractions will be issued to anyone disregarding such a simple request. There will also be no flaming of members posting in here. Report it, and move along.
    Last 3-4 of my 6 post reports have been dismissed without even getting "review"ed (I checked back the post by clicking on "report post" button and it doesnt even show "this post has been reported" notice). What could be reason to this? I want to think that it is not personal...

They were reviewed. Sometimes moderators take no action, as they think that none is required. It's not personal, don't worry about it :)
    Last 3-4 of my 6 post reports have been dismissed without even getting "review"ed (I checked back the post by clicking on "report post" button and it doesnt even show "this post has been reported" notice). What could be reason to this? I want to think that it is not personal...
    Hello and thank you for the forum! I can't add to My Devices that I have a Xiaomi Redmi 4A. A bug in the forum software?
    I am unable to private message anyone on xda website, only the option to send by email.

What do you mean?

What way are you trying to send a Private message?

You can go to your PM Inbox and New Private Message, and send a PM to anyone.

But if you click on someone's username in the forums, and you don't see the Private Message option, that person has disabled allowing other members to send them a PM.