[REVIEWS] Screen Protectors

Search This thread

Andy

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 21, 2008
UK
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
In an effort to clean up the old, very large review thread I have decided to start a new one.
Should this turn out to be a success, we can expand it to cover cases, etc....

Please be as descriptive and as creative as you can be, post pictures if you can.
But a few points to note before you all go wild with your reviews.

Please keep all reviews,
  • Factual
  • Helpful
  • Constructive
  • Impartial

Cruzaders

Apr 27, 2012
Pelotas
Does the SPen scratch the Zagg Invisible Shield non HD / HD?

There's also a good option here:

pelicula-invisible-shield-zagg-samsung-galaxy-note-2-ii_MLB-F-3633104380_012013.jpg

Protects the screen and back. Seems a good option since a case makes ur phone looks too big. (... lol ...)

Last edited:
Reactions: BRANDENDEUCE

rawdikrik

Sep 24, 2008
Arlington
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
[Review] JLG Screen Protector

I LIKE

Feel:
It really is smooth. Smooth as hell. Sometimes, feels even smoother than the glass did. This is really great. It seems very hard, the stylus doesn't leave any marks on it and did I mention it is smooth? Finger beautifully glides across the screen and there is no hang ups. Felt better than the Belkin I was also installing.

Clarity
Since i still have haze, I don't want to completely comment on the final product, but i do have a few things to say:

• I have installed lots of wet installs and even have my own little squeegee. Never have i had this much water stuck under the protector.
  • There was something on the bottom. Not sure if it was clumped glue, or what, but it was there. It wasn't dust, and it would not come off the bottom of the protector. It currently rests in the middle of a haze field so I'm not sure if it will go away, but I will update if/when it does.
  • NO ORANGE PEEL. On the Belkin, I could immediately see "orange peel" and with this one, none whatsoever. This is great!
As of right now, it looks like everything will be fine with the clarity, depending on the haze finally disappearing.

Fit
It fits well. A tinge smaller than i want it to be (and covers less than the Belkin i was installing) but it covers the view-able area and about another 2 millimeters on each side. It is cut to make room for the front sensors and the bottom button. Like i said, it will work but for me, I could've used maybe a LITTLE bit more screen coverage.

NO LIKE

Adhesion
The haze I can live with and understand, but the fact that it seems most of the edge has not stuck down completely is unsettling. It's really hard to show, but on most of the phone the edges aren't perfectly stuck, and in some areas it extends a millimeter or 2 into the protector.

It is SOOO hard to take a picture of this, but I am still trying.

The instructions say to keep pushing the edges for the next couple of days to make sure they stay down. I don't like this. at all.

I don't use a case, and feel like dust, dirt, loose hairs or whatever will get in there. On top of that, If I don't see the glue sticking immediately, I dont know how it will stick over the next couple of days.

Only time will tell... but that's how i feel right now.

On the topic of the edge:

The Edge
For some reason... there is a little like, lip there. It's hard to describe, but running your finger from the middle to the edge of the phone, it feels as if the protector is thicker or lifted on the edges. This is ALL THE WAY around the protector. Makes me feel it has to do with the way it is cut.

This actually is the part I dislike the most. I want my finger to not be able to notice the difference between the glass and the protector. On the Belkin I installed, it was a subtle step down from the Protector to the glass. You know its there, but your finger doesn't catch on it at all and it doesn't drag on the edge. With this one?
It absolutely does. You can feel the edge "biting" into your fingertip before dropping down to the glass. This not only makes you notice the protector more, but also makes me worry about the longevity of the protector, as if it can "snag" on my finger it can also snag on my pocket material and other things.

Now understand that I am talking about very minuscule amounts of biting and snagging, but they are there. I've never seen this on any SGP or the cheapo Belkin I was using.

EDIT: Seems I wasnt clear on my "lip" issue. I am posting from another reply I made:

On my previous [JLG] protector, the edge had a lip... maybe its better to describe it as a bead. It felt thicker than the rest of the protector... So instead of just having your finger slide off the protector to the glass, it actually got "caught" on this lip. It didnt feel very good, especially since it isnt cut very large you almost always feel it.

Other protectors do not have this lip or bead. Not one of them.

Final thoughts?
It is decent. I need to sit and wait to see how much the haze clears and the edges stick. It is clear, smooth as ****, and was priced just fine.

Personally, if knowing what i know now, was to purchase a protector... It wouldn't be this one. Id prob go back with the Ultra Crystal i normally use, and might switch to that if there are problems with this one.

That being said, I am not going to rip this off my phone and I cannot test the additional shatter protection that the film supposedly adds to the glass.

Take this how you may and feel free to ask questions or thank me. whatever.

I have since completed testing and posted a final review. It is post #9, and linked here.

Images

Here you can see the packaging. Pretty plain and not something I care much about, but some people seem to like fancy packaging that comes with other protectors.

RIuxc.jpg

pAK4L.jpg

Package includes the little wet application spray (never had an issue with wet applications), a little cloth (more on that) and a little piece of cardboard and some instructions.

ZphTi.jpg

iGNS2.jpg

I wanted to get a closer look at these, hoping you can see what I see. On the plastic itself, you can see some inconsistent lifting off the backing. This really isnt a big deal, but it can mean an issue with inconsistent glue/cutting.

jhE99.jpg

cHrX3.jpg

rNyOy.jpg

Here is my GN2 clean and sitting on the bathroom counter waiting. You can see its pretty damn clean. I have installed MANY screen protectors and NEVER had an issue with dust under the protector.

hw5YH.jpg

So I installed the protector. No pics here because of multiple reason, but mostly because I only have 2 hands and the bathroom was REALLY steamy.

This is where I ran into a problem. The little sprayers that comes with the JLG is less than half the size of other wet install sprayers. After maybe 6 pumps, I had used it up completely. I used some to spray on my fingers, but I should have just washed them dry and then wet them with a bowl of water. I wanted to make sure that I had the same solution on my hands as the screen to minimize upsetting the glue, but no biggie. Be careful with the amount you spray and you should be fine. For me it was too little.

Ok, so now installed.
Below, you can clearly see the haze, wavyness and other odd things that appear with a typical wet install (though more than i remember others, but i wont hold JLG responsible for my bad memory).

OILpM.jpg

TuVFo.jpg

YXSDk.jpg

QzWCN.jpg

I am hoping this goes away soon, as it should. It is almost completely impossible to see when the screen is on. Ill use the next post for my summary and how I feel about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

farfromovin

Aug 15, 2011
Oxnard, CA
I just installed a SGP Ultra Crystal and I'm in love. After using a JLG that popped up off the screen when it had an unknown pact with something in my sleep, I needed a replacement. I did have to pull the SGP up to take out 3 dust particles but now I have a 100% perfect install and it looks and feels amazing. Very clear and very slick. Not to mention the SGP comes with 2 protectors, I'm a very happy camper.

Sent from my GIANT internet thingy.

Reactions: paulbarton

rolindadice64

Nov 13, 2009
Los Angeles
just like glass screen protector

installed the just like glass screen protector and so far i'm really liking it. the wet application really helps to reduce the bubbles as well as aiding in alignment. feels...just like glass.

Evermind10

Jan 3, 2013
I used JLG and there is smth that i didn't like about it. you'll never know whether you have dust or specks of whatever not until it is already too late to do anything about it. the biz owner do not recommend for users to peel of the screen protector to removed those specks of dust, but instead buy a new one from him at 50% off. so, i swapped to Tank Protection screen protector. as i couldn't stand the speck of dirt under the screen protector. usually i get lint under the protector but specks of squarish dust is too much. my first time trying a wet application type.

installation was a breeze with the tank protector, had it aligned right at one go. imho, i find it equally clear, equally smooth and much easy to get it right in one try. hence, it is also cheaper for somebody like me, who lives outside of the US.

royalh

Feb 25, 2006
Portland
I used JLG and there is smth that i didn't like about it. you'll never know whether you have dust or specks of whatever not until it is already too late to do anything about it. the biz owner do not recommend for users to peel of the screen protector to removed those specks of dust, but instead buy a new one from him at 50% off. so, i swapped to Tank Protection screen protector. as i couldn't stand the speck of dirt under the screen protector. usually i get lint under the protector but specks of squarish dust is too much. my first time trying a wet application type.

installation was a breeze with the tank protector, had it aligned right at one go. imho, i find it equally clear, equally smooth and much easy to get it right in one try. hence, it is also cheaper for somebody like me, who lives outside of the US.
I was able to lift mine up to remove dust and then respray it so it would adhere again.. no problems so far... iirc, the instructions say that its not recommended but if you do, use tape to remove specks.

Sent from my Giant i317 Pocket Monster!

SenK9

Nov 29, 2009
SGP Ultra Crystal

* Included in one box - 2 x screen protectors, 4 x anti-dust stickers (for picking up dust), 1 x microfibre cloth and 1 x serial number sticker (yes, I know).
* Application was easy, and fit is quite good, leaving around 1mm gap around the edges. Suitable for cases with lips (no overlap or lifting when using with Seidio Surface).
* Material itself is very smooth, and extremely clear. Basically looks and feels like factory. Extremely satisfied with the result, no distortion whatsoever. I've used dozens of screen protectors over the years on various phones, and this is the first time I've splurged over the no-name eBay brands (some of which had rainbow effects, scratched easily, or had terrible fitment).
* Cost around $15 off eBay for the pack of two.

le_lutin

Dec 24, 2009
I understand why you wanted to get rid of some of the old threads...

But I posted 2 really huge, really informative objective screen protector reviews, and you just wiped those.

Is there any way you can just reinstate those threads and then maybe lock them or something?

I am here creating another one for the reallook line and dont want to spend another 2 hours writing up a review just to have the mods delete it

BTW: thank you for cleaning up what you did. I just dont think we should throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I thought your reviews were excellent. Do you have the text of them so you can post it up again?

Btw, I currently have a Just Like Glass on mine, but there was a dent or glob of glue or something in it (it's not a dust speck as it's not the right shape for that) right in the middle of the screen. I applied the JLG about 6 weeks ago and to be honest, that dent (and to a lesser extent, the rainbowing) have been annoying me ever since.

Just bought a pack of iSmooths this morning which I hope will be do the job. Under £10 delivered from the states to the UK. Not a bad deal for 3 protectors

rvb1

Nov 12, 2008
Cellet Screen Guard

I have been using the Cellet Screen Guard for about a week now, a brand I haven't seen anything about here before. I picked it up because it was the only one they carried at Fry's for the Note 2. It is the rigid film type. It went on very easily (I am usually no good at installing these), with no bubbles or any other problem. The packaging says "scratch resistance" and so far that has proven to be true. It is very clear, hard and smooth, and the spen does not leave any marks on it. The only problem is that it does smudge and pick up fingerprints easily, but they wipe right off with a microfiber cloth.

rawdikrik

Sep 24, 2008
Arlington
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I thought your reviews were excellent. Do you have the text of them so you can post it up again?

Btw, I currently have a Just Like Glass on mine, but there was a dent or glob of glue or something in it (it's not a dust speck as it's not the right shape for that) right in the middle of the screen. I applied the JLG about 6 weeks ago and to be honest, that dent (and to a lesser extent, the rainbowing) have been annoying me ever since.

Just bought a pack of iSmooths this morning which I hope will be do the job. Under £10 delivered from the states to the UK. Not a bad deal for 3 protectors

Awww... thanks! I just really hoped my reviews helped someone choose what they wanted, even if it was something that I wasn't fond of.

I spoke to the mods and they are hoping to carry over the good reviews, so hopefully they will carry my reviews over and bring them to this thread.

I didnt save any of my review text from before (Lesson Learned) so I am really hoping the mods can bring my posts/threads back. I would at least like to copy them down somewhere else.

Ive changed the format of my reviews and should have a few more for this thread, along with 2 bumper and 2 case reviews.

FormeriPhoney

Jan 19, 2011
I just got the iSmooth in the mail today after the nightmare known as JLG.

All I can say is Dayyyyyummmm!

It had everything I was looking for..
-great price
-swag included (excellent silk screen wipe)
-3 protectors!
-excellent cuts
-great adhesion
-ismooth is smooth... Both for fingers and Spen
-crystal clear
-easy install with directions with an offer for another free one with an Amazon review
-lifetime warranty, even if you mess up the install yourself

The install was so easy, so perfect, I felt like I was cheating :D

Not 1 bubble, or mark, or dust, or rainbow steaks (that will "dissappear" in 3-5 days like some companies claim... But 1/2 the time do not)

Not sure else what to say. Just an overall excellent experience.

+1 to iSmooth
nu9abu3a.jpg

5y6abeda.jpg

donec

Aug 21, 2012
BoxWave Clear Touch Anti glare screen protector

I just got my BoxWave Clear Touch Anti glare screen protector and installed it. Note I have never installed a screen protector before but I have read the horror stories.

I decided to install one on my Note 2 because I wanted it to change the feel of writing on glass to make it more like paper.

My wife has installed several screen protectors and some were ok and some were murder to install. The BoxWave Clear Touch Anti glare screen protector was so easy to install and quite forgiving.

I cleaned the phone screen with my clear screen wipes I use for my laptop drying it with a micro fiber cloth. Then wiped it with the cloth they provided, but did not use their cleaning wipes (saved them for later). I started and had trouble getting it to stay aligned as I removed the backing (65 with shaking hands) so after getting about and inch and a half from the corner I took it off. Then got some tape and taped it in place in 2 spots. Then started removing the backing again. Real smooth.

When done I saw I had a couple pieces of dust under the screen protector so I tried to lift it with some tape. No way :D it was really stuck and the tape would just come off. So I tried with my fingernail and the corner came up. I just grabbed it with my thumb and finger (worried about contaminating the back) used some tape wrapped around my finger, to remove the dust. Put the corner back down used the cardboard they provided wrapped in the cloth they provided to push out the air bubbles and done.

It's not truly straight and one edge is too far to the side and may not stick well due to curve of the glass but so far it looks good and really helps with the feel of the pen. Quite pleased and because of the deal from slickdeals I have 2 more and only spent $3.00. Note it does not change the colors nor does it have any color bands at angles. I does reduce the brightness a tiny and I mean tiny bit.

vectron

Apr 23, 2011

-great price
-3 protectors!
-excellent cuts
-great adhesion
-crystal clear
-easy install with directions with an offer for another free one with an Amazon review

Not 1 bubble, or mark, or dust, or rainbow steaks (that will "dissappear" in 3-5 days like some companies claim... But 1/2 the time do not)

+1 to iSmooth

+more for iSmooth. As much as I dig their original screen protector currently being shipped from Amazon:

ismooth-original_zps0d5f7b53.jpg

They are sampling a new ultra-clear anti-fingerprint one which should start shipping officially once the stock of "green" ones run out. I would like to point out the new "clear" one is:
- thicker (on par with 3H thickness of Spigen and MobC) and super strong
- ultra-clear, no color distortion, no tint
- no rainbow effect (even under fluorescent lights)
- no issues using s-pen even applying extra pressure
- an improved cut, especially around home button
- super smooth, feels like glass
- covers visible part of the screen, while living enough edge margin for any case lip

I'm attaching a few edge shots of the new protector. Keep in mind its thickness relative to the phone. The edges are rounded and very smooth. After testing half a dozen of other cheaper and brand new screen protectors, this one is a keeper for me!

Attachments

• ismooth-new-1.jpg
    ismooth-new-1.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 1,201
  • ismooth-new-2.jpg
    ismooth-new-2.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 1,204
  • ismooth-new-3.jpg
    ismooth-new-3.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 1,152

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Review] JLG Screen Protector

I LIKE

Feel:
    It really is smooth. Smooth as hell. Sometimes, feels even smoother than the glass did. This is really great. It seems very hard, the stylus doesn't leave any marks on it and did I mention it is smooth? Finger beautifully glides across the screen and there is no hang ups. Felt better than the Belkin I was also installing.

Clarity
    Since i still have haze, I don't want to completely comment on the final product, but i do have a few things to say:

• I have installed lots of wet installs and even have my own little squeegee. Never have i had this much water stuck under the protector.
    • There was something on the bottom. Not sure if it was clumped glue, or what, but it was there. It wasn't dust, and it would not come off the bottom of the protector. It currently rests in the middle of a haze field so I'm not sure if it will go away, but I will update if/when it does.
    • NO ORANGE PEEL. On the Belkin, I could immediately see "orange peel" and with this one, none whatsoever. This is great!
    As of right now, it looks like everything will be fine with the clarity, depending on the haze finally disappearing.

Fit
    It fits well. A tinge smaller than i want it to be (and covers less than the Belkin i was installing) but it covers the view-able area and about another 2 millimeters on each side. It is cut to make room for the front sensors and the bottom button. Like i said, it will work but for me, I could've used maybe a LITTLE bit more screen coverage.

NO LIKE

Adhesion
    The haze I can live with and understand, but the fact that it seems most of the edge has not stuck down completely is unsettling. It's really hard to show, but on most of the phone the edges aren't perfectly stuck, and in some areas it extends a millimeter or 2 into the protector.

It is SOOO hard to take a picture of this, but I am still trying.

The instructions say to keep pushing the edges for the next couple of days to make sure they stay down. I don't like this. at all.

I don't use a case, and feel like dust, dirt, loose hairs or whatever will get in there. On top of that, If I don't see the glue sticking immediately, I dont know how it will stick over the next couple of days.

Only time will tell... but that's how i feel right now.

On the topic of the edge:

The Edge
    For some reason... there is a little like, lip there. It's hard to describe, but running your finger from the middle to the edge of the phone, it feels as if the protector is thicker or lifted on the edges. This is ALL THE WAY around the protector. Makes me feel it has to do with the way it is cut.

This actually is the part I dislike the most. I want my finger to not be able to notice the difference between the glass and the protector. On the Belkin I installed, it was a subtle step down from the Protector to the glass. You know its there, but your finger doesn't catch on it at all and it doesn't drag on the edge. With this one?
    It absolutely does. You can feel the edge "biting" into your fingertip before dropping down to the glass. This not only makes you notice the protector more, but also makes me worry about the longevity of the protector, as if it can "snag" on my finger it can also snag on my pocket material and other things.

Now understand that I am talking about very minuscule amounts of biting and snagging, but they are there. I've never seen this on any SGP or the cheapo Belkin I was using.

EDIT: Seems I wasnt clear on my "lip" issue. I am posting from another reply I made:

On my previous [JLG] protector, the edge had a lip... maybe its better to describe it as a bead. It felt thicker than the rest of the protector... So instead of just having your finger slide off the protector to the glass, it actually got "caught" on this lip. It didnt feel very good, especially since it isnt cut very large you almost always feel it.

Other protectors do not have this lip or bead. Not one of them.

Final thoughts?
    It is decent. I need to sit and wait to see how much the haze clears and the edges stick. It is clear, smooth as ****, and was priced just fine.

Personally, if knowing what i know now, was to purchase a protector... It wouldn't be this one. Id prob go back with the Ultra Crystal i normally use, and might switch to that if there are problems with this one.

That being said, I am not going to rip this off my phone and I cannot test the additional shatter protection that the film supposedly adds to the glass.

Take this how you may and feel free to ask questions or thank me. whatever.

I have since completed testing and posted a final review. It is post #9, and linked here.

Images

Here you can see the packaging. Pretty plain and not something I care much about, but some people seem to like fancy packaging that comes with other protectors.

RIuxc.jpg

pAK4L.jpg

Package includes the little wet application spray (never had an issue with wet applications), a little cloth (more on that) and a little piece of cardboard and some instructions.

ZphTi.jpg

iGNS2.jpg

I wanted to get a closer look at these, hoping you can see what I see. On the plastic itself, you can see some inconsistent lifting off the backing. This really isnt a big deal, but it can mean an issue with inconsistent glue/cutting.

jhE99.jpg

cHrX3.jpg

rNyOy.jpg

Here is my GN2 clean and sitting on the bathroom counter waiting. You can see its pretty damn clean. I have installed MANY screen protectors and NEVER had an issue with dust under the protector.

hw5YH.jpg

So I installed the protector. No pics here because of multiple reason, but mostly because I only have 2 hands and the bathroom was REALLY steamy.

This is where I ran into a problem. The little sprayers that comes with the JLG is less than half the size of other wet install sprayers. After maybe 6 pumps, I had used it up completely. I used some to spray on my fingers, but I should have just washed them dry and then wet them with a bowl of water. I wanted to make sure that I had the same solution on my hands as the screen to minimize upsetting the glue, but no biggie. Be careful with the amount you spray and you should be fine. For me it was too little.

Ok, so now installed.
    Below, you can clearly see the haze, wavyness and other odd things that appear with a typical wet install (though more than i remember others, but i wont hold JLG responsible for my bad memory).

OILpM.jpg

TuVFo.jpg

YXSDk.jpg

QzWCN.jpg

I am hoping this goes away soon, as it should. It is almost completely impossible to see when the screen is on. Ill use the next post for my summary and how I feel about it.

-great price
    -3 protectors!
    -excellent cuts
    -great adhesion
    -crystal clear

+1 to iSmooth
    nu9abu3a.jpg

5y6abeda.jpg
    In an effort to clean up the old, very large review thread I have decided to start a new one.
    Should this turn out to be a success, we can expand it to cover cases, etc....

Please be as descriptive and as creative as you can be, post pictures if you can.
    But a few points to note before you all go wild with your reviews.

Please keep all reviews,
    • Factual
    • Helpful
    • Constructive
    • Impartial
    This will be a post that compares 4 different types of screen protectors:

3M Vikuiti ADQC27
    Ebay Cheapo 10 for $3 ultra clear stuff
    Just like Glass
    IQ Shield LIQuidSkin

I have ordered and used:
    3x 3M Vikuiti, I must have 20 or so of the ebay ones, I had 4 Just like Glass, and 2 IQ shield LIQuidSkin.

My application procedure is as follows:

For the dry screen protectors:
    Wash hands, steam up bathroom, vacuum bath room, clean surface that the phone will be sitting on, wipe phone with microfiber cloth designed for glasses (can be obtained at any store that sells glasses), apply screen protector, push out air

For the wet:
    Wash hands, clean bathroom, clean surface, wipe phone with microfiber cloth, use or create solution as recommended by the manufacture, apply the screen protector, then use a squeegee to push out excess liquid.

Lets start with my personal favorite out of the four:

The 3M Vikuiti, this is hands down the best film screen protector I have used on the note 2, and I think the only other one I would replace it with is a tempered glass one. It's smooth, very smooth, very clear, no spen marks, easy to clean, seems to have an oleophobic layer, because out of the 4 it's the easiest one to clean, and after a while in my pocket, it's the only one that has not developed any fine scratches.

With my technique, I found it very easy to apply and get a bubble free finish, not all is perfect though, the screen protector's width is just slightly larger than the display it self, so you must take care in lining it up, but I found it very easy to remove and reapply. Also the packaging really just comes with the screen protector no cloth.

Overall I give this 4.5/5 it's the most durable, really bubble free (seriously I haven't used a screen protector that gets rid of bubbles so easy), optically clear, no marks, only hindered by the width.

2nd Place:

Ebay screen protectors:

They are cheap, they are easy to apply, however, compared to the 3M bubbles are harder to remove, and I find they do not clean nearly as well as the 3M, and oil gets stuck on sometimes, requiring some cleaning with a microfiber cloth. Durability is also only meh, they tend to get fine scratches quite easily, but it'll protect the screen, the ones I've gotten are very clear (I have tried 4 different ebay brands, all are basically the same), smoothness is worse than the glass, but as you use it, smoothness tends to go up, I guess due to the oils on your hand. No spen marks. Packaging is meh, tends to come with the screen protectors and a crap cloth.

Overall 2.75/5 an average screen protector, which is combined with a cheap price, literally for the price of one of the other screen protectors listed, you can get 10 or more depending on the seller.

3rd Place:

Just Like Glass:

I really wanted to like this one, I really did, I like wet screen protectors they tend to be easier to apply than dry to me. JLG is the most expensive out of the 4. Overall I think it has been over hyped by SSHGuru (Scott the owner of DBA cases, and creator of JLG). Lets start with some positives, it's thick, the thickest out of the screen protectors, which means it should also offer the most protection, it's also VERY smooth, but I don't think it's any more smooth than the 3M, this is IMO, and when the screen is on, it's very clear, just the same as every other screen protector here. However, the cons out weigh the pros, lets start with the application, the included "spray" solution bottle is very small, but it is enough, but I've used 4 of these things (yes I have applied and used 4 JLG screen protectors), and even if I get all the moisture out using a squeegie, even after a few weeks, there will be air bubbles, or some dust, or something that doesn't allow it to adhere fully to the screen, which causes bubbles, and in some cases, a "sparkling" effect near those bubbles when on a white screen. This is the only wet screen protector I have ever used that has frustrated me to no end in this regards, I have contacted Scott, and I have been blamed that my installation technique is to blame, and no blame can be given to his screen protector what so ever. Reading on the forums though, it seems I'm not the only one that has had this problem. Another issue is when the screen is off there is a rainbowy haze (which is normal) it also appears under certain lighting with the screen on, this is apparently the UV coating. That didn't bother me nearly as much as the bubbles though. It is the second most durable screen protector on this list, getting only a very few fine scratches after weeks in my pocket.

Overall: 1.5/5 I cannot recommend this one at all, it's over hyped, too expensive, plagued with adhesion and hazing problems. I hope the JLG dry and tempered glass are much better.

IQSkinz:

This one was promising, promising full screen coverage, easy install, clarity and smoothness, and a very attractive price (2nd most affordable, only behind the ebay ones). Lets say it delivers on everything it promised, it is the only screen protector that has full screen and I mean the entire glass front of the note 2 is covered (including the home button). IMO it was also the easiest one to install, I had no issues with bubbles, adhesion, dust, or really any installation issues. Optically it's clear, very clear, and yes it's smooth to the touch...so where does it go wrong...it's just not durable at all, it's a very soft material (similar to zagg, but without the grippyness) after putting it in my pocket for a day, there were marks in it, and even after waiting for the "self healing" properties they never went away, and you could feel them. Not durable at all, very useless IMO for a screen protector, also allowed for a very fine tiny scratch on my note 2's screen where one of the larger marks were, so didn't really protect either! only other issue was when it's off it had an orange peel effect.

Overall 1/5 again can't really recommend this one only due to it's lack of durability. Fix the durability and it would easily be on top.

-great price
    -3 protectors!
    -excellent cuts
    -great adhesion
    -crystal clear

+1 to iSmooth

+more for iSmooth. As much as I dig their original screen protector currently being shipped from Amazon:

ismooth-original_zps0d5f7b53.jpg

They are sampling a new ultra-clear anti-fingerprint one which should start shipping officially once the stock of "green" ones run out. I would like to point out the new "clear" one is:
    - thicker (on par with 3H thickness of Spigen and MobC) and super strong
    - ultra-clear, no color distortion, no tint
    - no rainbow effect (even under fluorescent lights)
    - no issues using s-pen even applying extra pressure
    - an improved cut, especially around home button
    - super smooth, feels like glass
    - covers visible part of the screen, while living enough edge margin for any case lip

I'm attaching a few edge shots of the new protector. Keep in mind its thickness relative to the phone. The edges are rounded and very smooth. After testing half a dozen of other cheaper and brand new screen protectors, this one is a keeper for me!