[GAME]FF6 Discussion/Hacks Thread

Search This thread

eWalcacer

Sep 25, 2014
For some reason it's not working here... I put the command and nothing happens. By default, where does the file go to?
This is weird... made a simple .bat with the commands and it worked. Didn't work otherwise.

Last edited:

redphazon

Dec 3, 2012
Looks like something about the save data was changed at some point while the game received its updates. The editing tool no longer works properly. I tried changing the HP of the first character in the party and that worked fine (didn't try changing any other values) but trying to add/remove spells did nothing.

It might've happened around the time when controller support was added since more options were added to the settings section of the menu.

Last edited:

biggepac

Mar 22, 2015
game save

doe anyone have any saves at the dragons den, before kefka? i keep uploading mine to clould and everytime i reinstall the game, clould never saved the game save.

MrBrowseGierza

Sep 17, 2014
Metro Manila
www.kwentology.com
Location of Saved Point in Android for Final Fantasy VI

I located the exact path for the saved files on FF6. But it requires root access and I'm using Xplore expand the folders.

Root/data/data/com.square_enix.android_googleplay.FFVI

MonkPreston

Aug 23, 2015
Looks like something about the save data was changed at some point while the game received its updates. The editing tool no longer works properly. I tried changing the HP of the first character in the party and that worked fine (didn't try changing any other values) but trying to add/remove spells did nothing.

It might've happened around the time when controller support was added since more options were added to the settings section of the menu.

So does changing level work? I just found this thread yesterday and I'm wondering if changing your level will work with the most recent version of the game. If so, that would be fantastic, considering it would allow me to reset my level like in the GPA release! Max stats for all!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, I figured out how the checksums are used and create a program to convert a binary .sav file to/from json.
    source code: github.com/quarnster/ff6
    precompiled binaries: github.com/quarnster/ff6/releases

Happy editing!
    hmm, another source gave me files that where filesRockDat1.sav has only one save slot, and filesRockDat0.sav has two save slots worth of data. Is yours the opposite? I see you are uploading Dat1.sav. The name data seems to be in the same spot for all of the files. I have not had a chance to look at the checksum info yet though. Perhaps this weekend I will have some free time. My daughter needs to clean her room, so I should have some free time during that to use the PC.

So far, tonight before bed I have mapped out Gil, Current HP/Max HP, Current MP/Max MP, Stats (Strength, Speed, Stamina, and Magic), where the equipment slots are (RHand, LHand, Head, Body, Relic1, and Relic2) Inventory and Item Quantities (which you already found the location for). I have also mapped out the first few pieces of equipment, and the first few items (potion, hi potion, sleeping bag, phoenix down). Time for sleep now :)

EDIT: It seems to be that the game, as I suspected, uses the same values for the items as the SNES version. The only thing is that the names have been changed (to protect the innocent?) to be a better translation, or match those names given for items/spells in other games.
    I didn't see anything on this yet so I figure I'll start a thread for it.
    FF6 rolled out today on the Play Store and the first thing I did is get to the save point in Narshe and save. File is attached for further review.

The file layout is different from FFIV and I think it may be hex editable but this format is new to me. I should have pulled Crono Trigger saves to compare against that and see how it is.

Game-wise the game is sharper resolution, many places have been tweaked to give a much better gaming experience. I really didn't want to put this down and will have a hard time doing so tonight.

Goal of this thread:
    1) Discuss the game
    2) Identify any hex edits possible

Thanks!

Good to see a thread for this. Downloading now. If you want to post some of your stats (HP/MP/ Items/Equip/Active Characters) I can take a look in my free time.

I have the save for Chrono Trigger mapped out (I can send it to you if you want, right now it is in a Hex Workshop Bookmark file, but I can convert to text or something else too. I have all of the weapons and items/key items mapped out in an excel file too.), and have a basic save editor that I used for my own game, so if it's anything like that, I can figure it out.

EDIT:

I see that it only has Terra (??????) with Wedge and Biggs at the moment. Let me know when you get one further along too. :)

I wish Square would make these games work with xposed installed, or someone could find a way to make square not notice that xposed was installed. I would love to play these games and test/code for them again. It was too much of a hassle to have to disable/reboot to play, and then reenable/reboot to use my phone again like normal.
    I am sure this has been tried before, but just putting it here in case.

On another forum, there was issue of keeping the save from v1.00 and using it in v1.01. One person claimed success with saving in all 5 slots, quick saving, then exiting in v1.00. They then did the same thing in v1.01. After they exited, they copied the save files over and set permissions as rw,rw,rw for both files. They were then able to play the game using their previous save.

I don't know if that will work as it has probably already been tried. Just giving thoughts.

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

The problem involves the checksum/CRC check that the game does. In other FF games we were able to calculate the checksum (FFIII/FFD/Chrono Trigger), or as in FFIV/FFIVAY we can bypass it on the loading screen. FFV has a modified checksum which is harder to crack, but it is possible with a few tries to get it to accept the changes. This game checks the save files every time you go into the game. If you are in the middle of playing, and switch to the root browser/explorer to put the file on, and then switch back to the game, it will detect that the save game is corrupt and revert to the old one, and in some cases, if you changed both files it will reset them and you have to do a new game.

We can switch out actual save files just fine, but any that we make changes to are giving this error.

Thank you for the idea though, and for trying to help. :)
    with Gameguardian i can change levels, hp, mp, exp, gil and items qty..... gils and items are easy but for the other ones is a little tricky, try to have numbers lower than 255 and be out of battle