Old Q&A-Thread - This Thread will be split into multiple KB-Thread soon

341 posts
Thanks Meter: 377

By pakidermo5000, Senior Member on 24th February 2014, 10:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th October 2015, 07:42 PM |#20561  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
please help my g5163 not turn radius model, but if you enter the cd asin if you have power, please help

27th October 2015, 07:44 PM |#20562  
Thanks Meter: 169

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze Falconburger

With C32 removed the internal mic is dead, as is the external built in rear jack - so this confirms it is the correct resistor.
Bt with the new mic directly on the BT card pins 4 & 5 I get nothing - I would expect this to just work as it is direct on the card, continuity is good everywhere I've checked (it feels like a hundred times now). Totally stumped here. The BT card isn't dead as it can still make calls, play audio etc, I just can't get the input to work :s

I believe it's a capacitor rather than a resistor, but it doesn't matter. If you reconnect the cap does the internal mic work?
27th October 2015, 07:49 PM |#20563  
Flag Buckinghamshire
Thanks Meter: 9

More
It didn't come off cleanly so I can't reconnect it - could I just bridge it?
27th October 2015, 08:06 PM |#20564  
Thanks Meter: 169

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze Falconburger

It didn't come off cleanly so I can't reconnect it - could I just bridge it?

That could cause problems, again I believe its function is to block DC supplied to the internal mic. Can't you just get whatever cap with connecting pins and bridged it.
Go for a 0,01 micro-farad or something similar.
27th October 2015, 09:07 PM |#20565  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_mike83

hello everyone

i am looking to find a way to have TTS voice guidance to work over radio all audio.
There is a app, that allow to stop/lower volume of other streams when the TTS engine makes an announcement. I think this works only with apps using STREAM_MUSIC as the streaming channel.

I Tried it with spotify and the mtcradio app.
with spotify it works, eg the audio stream gets quite/lower so that the TTS announcement ist clearly audible, and continues after the announcement, with the mtcradio app it doesn't work, neither while listening to mp3 on a dvd. ( the announcement is made on top of the audio stream, so that its not clear).

does anyone now which Stream is used from the mtc apps ? is it possible to redirect this stream to STREAM_MUSIC or modify those apps to use this without problems?

Either nobody really knows this or nobody wants to tell. I've asked a few times myself with no reply. As it looks to me, the culprit is the stock radio app, which seems to raise the volume (I don't know which stream - I am just trying to describe the symptoms), so that all other sounds are lower. This makes it nearly impossible to hear the navigation TTS. If you exit the radio app, all sounds are suddenly much louder. I was trying to play with the different audio streams, but could not find a solution. Then I tried to find a different radio app that works on our devices, but I could not find any. Now, until a miracle happens, I am using only streaming radio, and all audio issues are resolved...at the expense of a very high data usage. I am not giving up though...
27th October 2015, 09:18 PM |#20566  
Thanks Meter: 179

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimpoca

Either nobody really knows this or nobody wants to tell. I've asked a few times myself with no reply. As it looks to me, the culprit is the stock radio app, which seems to raise the volume (I don't know which stream - I am just trying to describe the symptoms), so that all other sounds are lower. This makes it nearly impossible to hear the navigation TTS. If you exit the radio app, all sounds are suddenly much louder. I was trying to play with the different audio streams, but could not find a solution. Then I tried to find a different radio app that works on our devices, but I could not find any. Now, until a miracle happens, I am using only streaming radio, and all audio issues are resolved...at the expense of a very high data usage. I am not giving up though...

Radio doesn't have any streams in Android. It's sound does not get into Android at all, being passed from the Radio module directly to the hardware audio input switch/processor and then to the outputs.
So you are not able to control its volume with any standard android app.
As to why exiting radio makes other sounds louder - try examining the datasheet for the audio processor (google for "BD37534FV datasheet").
The hint: when Radio plays, it comes thru one of the main inputs and the Android system plays thru the MONO MIX input; when you exit Radio app, the Android system sounds thru one of the (other than radio) main inputs.
And what is the problem with navigation TTS? What is that you call "navigation TTS"? May be I can help if I uderstand your trouble better.
The Following User Says Thank You to 7floor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 7floor Ad-Free
27th October 2015, 09:30 PM |#20567  
Flag near Munich
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimpoca

i have a Hawei Lte Stick and hear only Online Radio Streams (Tunenin,Xialive) without any problems.

if I do not complete close the MTC Radio app and starts Poweramp or another radio app,then I hear the sound only from one Speaker.
But If i close the MTC Radio app with the BACK button,and start Poweramp etc... is with my sound everything ok.
With my old AN21 -U I did not have this strange problem.
27th October 2015, 09:35 PM |#20568  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_mike83

hello everyone

i am looking to find a way to have TTS voice guidance to work over radio all audio.
There is a app, that allow to stop/lower volume of other streams when the TTS engine makes an announcement. I think this works only with apps using STREAM_MUSIC as the streaming channel.

I Tried it with spotify and the mtcradio app.
with spotify it works, eg the audio stream gets quite/lower so that the TTS announcement ist clearly audible, and continues after the announcement, with the mtcradio app it doesn't work, neither while listening to mp3 on a dvd. ( the announcement is made on top of the audio stream, so that its not clear).

does anyone now which Stream is used from the mtc apps ? is it possible to redirect this stream to STREAM_MUSIC or modify those apps to use this without problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7floor

Radio doesn't have any streams in Android. It's sound does not get into Android at all, being passed from the Radio module directly to the hardware audio input switch/processor and then to the outputs.
As to why exiting radio makes other sounds louder - try examining the datasheet for the audio processor (google for "BD37534FV datasheet").
The hint: when Radio plays, it comes thru one of the main inputs and the Android system plays thru the MONO MIX input; when you exit Radio app, the Android system sounds thru one of the (other than radio) main inputs.
And what is the problem with navigation TTS? What is that you call "navigation TTS"? May be I can help if I uderstand your trouble better.

WOW, thank you for the explenation. This makes things a whole lot clearer.
The problem with the "navigation TTS" (Tomtom TTS voice) is that it can't be heard while the radio is playing. The radio is too loud or the rest of the sounds are too low. I changed the stream volumes in the factory settings to "20" for system, and "0" for radio, which makes it a little better, but the TTS voice is still too low to really understand. Again, as soon as I exit the radio app, everything else gets very loud.
So, it looks like the radio volume could only be controlled through a proprietary app that can control the audio processor. I wonder if I could write an app for this
27th October 2015, 09:43 PM |#20569  
Thanks Meter: 1,020

More
---
27th October 2015, 09:45 PM |#20570  
Thanks Meter: 36

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7floor

The problem is when listening to radio/music etc and a navigation announcement is made, we expect that the music/radio volume lowers so that the navigation advice can be heard clearly. This happens when the navi app uses normal voices, but not when using TTS-voice (Text to speech)
The app soundabout allows the navi app to reduce/mute other android sounds when it makes an announcement, but this doesnt work with the mtc apps.
In the settings there is a menu to choose whether to mix or switch to the gps announcement, but that only work with non-TTS-voices.
i am thinking that if soundabout manages to mute other sounds when a TTS anouncement is made, and through the settings the radio app gets mute when a non-TTS announcement is made, there must be a way to fix the problem.
i tried modifying the radioapp to output the sound using the av channel sys, but then i couldnt listen anything, so i reinstalled the original app.
27th October 2015, 09:58 PM |#20571  
Thanks Meter: 1,020

More
---
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 4.2.2, android 4.4.4, autoradio, car dvd, rk3066

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)