[APP][Root][OFFICIAL] AdAway v4.3.2 :: [2019-12-29]

602 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,230

Post Reply Email Thread
7th August 2019, 04:40 PM |#13651  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 164

More
OnePlus 7 pro, loaded adaway and installed host file. Rebooted phone but phone still shows ads on chrome
7th August 2019, 11:39 PM |#13652  
Flag Београд (Beograd/Belgrade/Griechisch Weißenburg/Alba Graeca; Alba Bulgarica)
Thanks Meter: 2,299

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludester

OnePlus 7 pro, loaded adaway and installed host file. Rebooted phone but phone still shows ads on chrome

Search for chrome in this thread. You'll find the notes you should disable asynchronous dns and datasaver in chrome (and some more)...
8th August 2019, 02:21 AM |#13653  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Need a little help, i have a number of whitelists I need to add which are individual URL's straight from pfsense.
is there a way to bulk import a whitelist file from a .txt file created on desktop and transferred to device?
8th August 2019, 03:36 AM |#13654  
Thanks Meter: 814

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAExempt911

Need a little help, i have a number of whitelists I need to add which are individual URL's straight from pfsense.
is there a way to bulk import a whitelist file from a .txt file created on desktop and transferred to device?

I'm not sure if there is an easy way to add a list of domains to your white list.

You can convert your list into a white list host file and add it as a host source.
Just add white before each domain white edge.mqtt.facebook.com
Copy the white list hosts file to your device.
Then under host sources, add it using the file:// option.
If you copied the txt file to the root of your main storage (/sdcard/) it would be
file:///sdcard/whitelist.txt
(Yes that is 3 / ) Then update hosts.

Attached is an example of a white list hosts file.
(Notice each one is on it's own separate line.)
Empty lines and comment lines (lines starting with #) are ignored when importing.
If you look at the screenshots, you'll notice the first domain, db6.net-filter.com is gone on the one using the example whitelist.txt[/I]

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190807-200702.jpg
Views:	1106
Size:	196.6 KB
ID:	4803179   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190807-200832.jpg
Views:	1094
Size:	198.2 KB
ID:	4803180   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190807-200824.png
Views:	1088
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	4803181  
Attached Files
File Type: txt whitelist.txt - [Click for QR Code] (246 Bytes, 34 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to ipdev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ipdev Ad-Free
8th August 2019, 05:42 AM |#13655  
Thanks Meter: 163

More
There are a few safe sites that I can't access because of err_connection_reset and they work if I disable AdAway (sites like cnn.com asking others, so not "hacky" websites). I don't have VPN or anything. Any suggestions?
8th August 2019, 11:11 AM |#13656  
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oroboros74

There are a few safe sites that I can't access because of err_connection_reset and they work if I disable AdAway (sites like cnn.com asking others, so not "hacky" websites). I don't have VPN or anything. Any suggestions?

Which host sources do you use? Seems like he also implemented a "fake-news" filter... Some sources don't only block ads/malware, some also disable things like this (also, there are social media blocker etc)
8th August 2019, 07:23 PM |#13657  
Thanks Meter: 176

More
The not enough space issue has crept up on Q Beta 6. I can no longer enable systemless from within the app. Nothing has changed for me in comparison to what i did on Q Beta 5. Anyone have any info or experience with this?

Nevermind: forgot there was a systemless option to check within magisk. All is well.
9th August 2019, 03:09 PM |#13658  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomkopf

Which host sources do you use? Seems like he also implemented a "fake-news" filter... Some sources don't only block ads/malware, some also disable things like this (also, there are social media blocker etc)

Besides what is included in AdAway i have one from yoyo.org and stephenblack. I did try to white list cnn, for example, but that didn't do anything. Suggestions?
9th August 2019, 06:51 PM |#13659  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:

Besides what is included in AdAway i have one from yoyo.org and stephenblack. I did try to white list cnn, for example, but that didn't do anything. Suggestions?

Just tried cnn.com with my standard browser firefox and it works without probs - which browser do you use? It seems not to be related to adaway

Sent from my OnePlus3 using XDA Labs
9th August 2019, 07:26 PM |#13660  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingsaller

Just tried cnn.com with my standard browser firefox and it works without probs - stich browser do you use? It seems not to be related to adaway

I get ERR_CONNECTION_RESET on Chrome.
Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot?
9th August 2019, 08:13 PM |#13661  
Flag Београд (Beograd/Belgrade/Griechisch Weißenburg/Alba Graeca; Alba Bulgarica)
Thanks Meter: 2,299

More
Quote:

I get ERR_CONNECTION_RESET on Chrome.
Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot?

The usual way: Disable AdAway, start dnslogging, open the page in chrome (it should work now). Whitelist the logged hosts in AdAway. Enable AdAway...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guest4711 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guest4711 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad block, adaway, adblock, adblocker, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)