[APP][Root][OFFICIAL] AdAway v4.3.2 :: [2019-12-29]

603 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,250

Post Reply Email Thread
14th September 2015, 11:31 AM |#4151  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 137

More
Reinstalled the ROM, everything fresh, no ads now.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
14th September 2015, 03:11 PM |#4152  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
great app. deserves a lot more attention.
14th September 2015, 04:32 PM |#4153  
Flag Bengaluru
Thanks Meter: 318

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike B.

As others have pointed out, posting some logs is essential, but then so is explaining exactly how "AdAway isn't working".

• Is AdAway not installing?
  • Is it not starting?
  • Is it not getting enabled?
  • Is it disabled after a reboot?
  • Does your hosts file revert to default after a reboot?
  • Does it only block some ads?
  • Does it block ads only in some applications but not others?
  • Does it only fail to update its source files?
  • etc.
  • For each of the above that applies, what exact error, if any, do you see?

I won't be able to address as many questions on here as I used to, but the above points will help anybody give you proper advice, and without that information you'll only get guesses at best. Alternatively, you could search this thread or the FAQ where your answers are probably already posted...

There isn't any problem as such you mentioned. It is installing, the host files are all there, it stays enabled and all free apps are popping up ads which used to be blocked without any trouble in Cyanogen OS 12. However, I just moved to AICP last night, the problem there was, I was using both inbuilt add blocker and adaway, which was maybe conflicting with each other, so disabled the inbuilt add blocker, kept adaway enabled, and working like charm, I have noted down the link which was shared by another user for capturing logcat, once I move back to Cyanogen OS 12.1 I will post it. I went across couple of posts in Reddit as well where people were talking about adaway not working on COS12.1, maybe cyanogen inc is pushing ad some other way than conventional ? However I understand none of these speculations are useful without proper logs.
14th September 2015, 06:24 PM |#4154  
Recognized Contributor
/
Thanks Meter: 3,207

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by devlamania

There isn't any problem as such you mentioned. It is installing, the host files are all there, it stays enabled and all free apps are popping up ads which used to be blocked without any trouble in Cyanogen OS 12. However, I just moved to AICP last night, the problem there was, I was using both inbuilt add blocker and adaway, which was maybe conflicting with each other, so disabled the inbuilt add blocker, kept adaway enabled, and working like charm, I have noted down the link which was shared by another user for capturing logcat, once I move back to Cyanogen OS 12.1 I will post it. I went across couple of posts in Reddit as well where people were talking about adaway not working on COS12.1, maybe cyanogen inc is pushing ad some other way than conventional ? However I understand none of these speculations are useful without proper logs.

Apparently, the only problem was that &^%$ builtin "adblocker" which effectively acted like a proxy. Disabling it (or even uninstalling it altogether) is the correct course of action. LIfe is good!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike B. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mike B. Ad-Free
15th September 2015, 10:57 PM |#4155  
Thanks Meter: 1,085

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike B.

Apparently, the only problem was that &^%$ builtin "adblocker" which effectively acted like a proxy. Disabling it (or even uninstalling it altogether) is the correct course of action. LIfe is good!

There was discussion between AICP and Exodus devs about blacklisting Adaway and other ad blockers. Maybe they already started. Their built-in adblocker was a joke anyway.
15th September 2015, 11:12 PM |#4156  
Recognized Contributor
/
Thanks Meter: 3,207

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTestDroid

There was discussion between AICP and Exodus devs about blacklisting Adaway and other ad blockers. Maybe they already started. Their built-in adblocker was a joke anyway.

For the gazillionth time, a reminder that "AdAway" is not an "ad blocker". It's merely a tool to facilitate the use of Android's builtin local DNS resolution method (editing the hosts file). AdAway doesn't "block" anything that couldn't be similarly "blocked" without AdAway. It would be very difficult to respect any misguided or misinformed developer who might think otherwise.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike B. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mike B. Ad-Free
16th September 2015, 02:12 AM |#4157  
Flag Brampton, ON
Thanks Meter: 176

More
I mentioned in an earlier post that AdAway's menu isn't accessible on Android TV devices running Android 5.1 or higher. This hasn't been much of an issue so far but now I'm noticing that the MLB.TV app on the Nexus Player does not load videos when AdAway's hosts file is in use. I cannot access the "Log DNS Requests" function to figure out what needs to be whitelisted. If AdAway can be updated to meet Google's full material design specs, then its menu should be visible on Android TV running Android 5.1 and higher.
16th September 2015, 05:37 AM |#4158  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
I also having issues with popup ads and redirection, been using adaway for a while now and all of a sudden getting ads. I haven't changed any settings or nothing

Sent from my SM-N910T using XDA Free mobile app
16th September 2015, 07:57 AM |#4159  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
When I have adaway active my youtube history no longer updates.
This happens to me with other ad blockers as well.
Anyone know what the problem is?
16th September 2015, 09:31 AM |#4160  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Youtube search and watched history enabled in settings?

TapaTalked
16th September 2015, 03:23 PM |#4161  
Thanks Meter: 12,324

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabbyWC

I mentioned in an earlier post that AdAway's menu isn't accessible on Android TV devices running Android 5.1 or higher. This hasn't been much of an issue so far but now I'm noticing that the MLB.TV app on the Nexus Player does not load videos when AdAway's hosts file is in use. I cannot access the "Log DNS Requests" function to figure out what needs to be whitelisted. If AdAway can be updated to meet Google's full material design specs, then its menu should be visible on Android TV running Android 5.1 and higher.

something maybe i can fix... no promises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAVOK83

I also having issues with popup ads and redirection, been using adaway for a while now and all of a sudden getting ads. I haven't changed any settings or nothing

Sent from my SM-N910T using XDA Free mobile app

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrRobinson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrRobinson Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad block, adaway, adblock, adblocker, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)