Post Reply Email Thread
20th May 2017, 03:38 PM |#9151  
Recognized Contributor
Flag NEW DELHI
Thanks Meter: 2,231

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkt_Lnt

That is precisely what PerfectSlayer just explained in the post above!
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=9155

Yeah bro. Read that again. Enabilng in Magisk is only thing we need to do. But he also said "Nevertheless, the option should be checked in AdAway settings if enabled in Magisk but still greyed as AdAway can't enable or disable the Magisk feature. If it's not the case, I will have a look to the latest release of Magisk and fix it."
And so, I was just reporting.

NVM. Thanks for your help
20th May 2017, 04:46 PM |#9152  
Thanks Meter: 548

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkt_Lnt

That is precisely what PerfectSlayer just explained in the post above!
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=9155

No it's not, read again. He said that the option for systemless hosts in AdAway settings should be greyed out and checked. I said I always had said option greyed out but unchecked.

Anyway, just like @kramer04, both Magisk and AdAway work just fine so I don't really mind.
22nd May 2017, 02:11 AM |#9153  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Am I the only one who can't even get to preferences because the app nags me that I'm not rooted (am rooted), then closes?

Edit: ah. So i have to boot into TWRP to get rid of the su folder in system/bin/su from what I read.... so I'll lose Secure Settings functionality? Not aiming my frustration directly at anyone, but this whole systemless root ordeal is getting on my nerves... 😠
22nd May 2017, 02:38 AM |#9154  
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 2,657

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderbunny

Edit: ah. So i have to boot into TWRP to get rid of the su folder in system/bin/su from what I read.... so I'll lose Secure Settings functionality? Not aiming my frustration directly at anyone, but this whole systemless root ordeal is getting on my nerves... 😠

You can just rename it, set-up Adaway, then name it back.

There are other ways to accomplish secure settings functionality. Useful since secure settings hasn't been maintained in (2?) years.
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
22nd May 2017, 02:40 AM |#9155  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

You can just rename it, set-up Adaway, then name it back.

There are other ways to accomplish secure settings functionality. Useful since secure settings hasn't been maintained in (2?) years.

Ohhh okay, thank you! And unfortunately, I understand, it's a shame though because there are tasker profiles I've grown fond of that require Secure Settings because I haven't found any other method of making them work.

P.S. this is the old account I finally found my password to, haha. Sorry for any confusion
22nd May 2017, 02:48 AM |#9156  
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 2,657

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolehall1993

there are tasker profiles I've grown fond of that require Secure Settings because I haven't found any other method of making them work.

I get it. I had to redo many of my tasker profiles and I've been on tasker since before it was on the play store. However, there is not one single task that I could not do a different way than secure settings. There is a forum here where you can get help with that. Also look into the entire auto tools suite.
22nd May 2017, 05:18 AM |#9157  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,473

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolehall1993

Ohhh okay, thank you! And unfortunately, I understand, it's a shame though because there are tasker profiles I've grown fond of that require Secure Settings because I haven't found any other method of making them work. . . .

Along with autotools take a look at https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lda.securetask (free, no root required)
22nd May 2017, 09:54 PM |#9158  

More
So YouTube ads are slipping under the adaway..and advise/host?
22nd May 2017, 09:59 PM |#9159  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 13,220

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevShekhawat7

So YouTube ads are slipping under the adaway..and advise/host?

Search for YouTube in thread. I swear this gets asked almost every page.

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

See?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanak Vagu Avantang

Hi, Youtube ad persist. Am i missing something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkelly517

The only thing you are missing is the ability to search.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazzMatt

Yes, please use search. "Youtube" in this thread will answer your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanak Vagu Avantang

Oh i never knew that. Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to ChazzMatt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChazzMatt Ad-Free
22nd May 2017, 10:56 PM |#9160  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazzMatt

Search for YouTube in thread. I swear this gets asked almost every page.

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

See?

Yeah I searched that and can't find the answer that's why I asked again..hit me with exact answer..
1) can we block/bypass YouTube ads? (No,then ignore next questions)

2)is there any host that can help in that (http://adblock.mahakala.is/ this source used to work, so yeah now I'm looking for the new source if there is any.)

3)any other method
22nd May 2017, 11:10 PM |#9161  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 13,220

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevShekhawat7

Yeah I searched that and can't find the answer that's why I asked again..hit me with exact answer..
1) can we block/bypass YouTube ads? (No,then ignore next questions)

2)is there any host that can help in that (http://adblock.mahakala.is/ this source used to work, so yeah now I'm looking for the new source if there is any.)

3)any other method

One – no

Three – xposed module YouTube AdAway is what I use. if you have nougat use something else.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad block, adaway, adblock, adblocker, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)