[Q] Problem with KFHD7 and TWRP

Search This thread

TedBronson

Jan 16, 2014
I followed the guide for installing TWRP on my KFHD7 to the letter, but now every time my Kindle reboots, it goes into recovery mode.

I've tried using idme to change the bootmode, but under TWRP I get idme:command not found.

I can boot to fastboot using my cable, and I can restore everything to stock and it works fine, but if I install TWRP it keeps booting into recovery mode.

Also, I have a problem where the volume on my kindle starts going up on its own, and the volume slider stays on the screen until I manually turn it back down. The button doesn't appear to be stuck, what else could it be?

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
I followed the guide for installing TWRP on my KFHD7 to the letter, but now every time my Kindle reboots, it goes into recovery mode.

I've tried using idme to change the bootmode, but under TWRP I get idme:command not found.

I can boot to fastboot using my cable, and I can restore everything to stock and it works fine, but if I install TWRP it keeps booting into recovery mode.

Also, I have a problem where the volume on my kindle starts going up on its own, and the volume slider stays on the screen until I manually turn it back down. The button doesn't appear to be stuck, what else could it be?

Use this tutorial to push a ROM onto TWRP http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2459498

TedBronson

Jan 16, 2014
I tried that, still no luck, it keeps booting in TWRP.

I am able to return it to stock by using SR Tool and everything appears to be right, but I have tried installing both CM11 and Pac-Man, both end up rebooting in TWRP over and over.

The steps I did:

1) Root device using Bin4ry's Root_With_Restore, option 1
2) Backup bootloader, system, and recovery roms
3) use fastboot to flash boot, bootloader, and TWRP
4) reboot into TWRP
5) Go to wipe -> Advanced -> Check system, cache, dalvik cache, and swipe to wipe.
6) Once it's finished, hit back and do a factory wipe.
7) click install and install rom and gapps
8) reboot system

it just keeps rebooting in TWRP.

SafinWasi

Dec 15, 2013
Unknown
I tried that, still no luck, it keeps booting in TWRP.

I am able to return it to stock by using SR Tool and everything appears to be right, but I have tried installing both CM11 and Pac-Man, both end up rebooting in TWRP over and over.

The steps I did:

1) Root device using Bin4ry's Root_With_Restore, option 1
2) Backup bootloader, system, and recovery roms
3) use fastboot to flash boot, bootloader, and TWRP
4) reboot into TWRP
5) Go to wipe -> Advanced -> Check system, cache, dalvik cache, and swipe to wipe.
6) Once it's finished, hit back and do a factory wipe.
7) click install and install rom and gapps
8) reboot system

it just keeps rebooting in TWRP.

Didn't you wipe cache and dalvik cache after ROM install?

Sent from my CM 11 Device