[MOD] Silver Speaker!

Search This thread

geokhentix

Jul 17, 2010
SILVER SPEAKER MOD

WARNING: VERY DANGEROUS

The story of the silver speaker mod: I was getting ready to go out one cold winter day in December, it was 6:30 in the evening. It was just starting to get dark. It was very quiet, aside from the furious wind whipping against the side of my house. Considering surfing with Mr. T was definitely out with these wind conditions, I sat down to reflash my phone to a new kernel. Holding a knife in one hand, as I am known to be quite the multi-tasker (Yeah, i can flash and eat, what now?) and my Captivate in the other, I accidentally knifed my phone. At first, I started to panic and soon began developing a sweat. Looking down; on the verge of a mental breakdown, I was expecting to see a possibly maimed Samsung Captivate, and little to my surprise, I immediately noticed a battle-wound. Hyperventilating, I quickly pondered on how I could handle this situation without diminishing the aesthetic appeal of the phone, and then the silver speaker mod was born.

Requirements:
1. A fingernail

HOW-TO:
Step 1: Scratch at it until it's silver. [Might take awhile, I had to scratch at it pretty vigorously.]

I don't know how nerdy the rest of the XDA community is, but I almost came to my knees in fear when I was performing this operation. I would recommend wearing goggles, gloves,(except for one finger, we need at LEAST one finger nail..) and possibly a bio suit. However, should you find the courage to stand strong and repetitively move your finger up and down, you will be rewarded..with....

img0001ge.jpg

Reminder: No steak is worth your phone being hurt over, no eating and flashing.​

Last edited:

bts0uth

Nov 28, 2007
Lexington, KY
You must have a badass fingernail because mine isn't turning it silver. Been scratching for 5 minutes and no black has came off

-Sent from my Captivate running Assonance v4.3 with Xcaliburhand's reoriented kernel

geokhentix

Jul 17, 2010
You must have a badass fingernail because mine isn't turning it silver. Been scratching for 5 minutes and no black has came off

-Sent from my Captivate running Assonance v4.3 with Xcaliburhand's reoriented kernel

I stabbed it first though, with a bloody steak knife. Some of the black was already removed, I worked on it from there. I had to press kind of hard, honestly I think it took more effort to scratch the paint, than it did to cut the steak. I didn't finish the steak either, to be honest after all of this trauma, I just wasn't hungry.

Reactions: Nitro_123

XGX5309

Dec 29, 2008

I know right! I got a flathead screwdriver and lightly scratched mine off...

DSC06953.JPG

Fortune090

Jun 26, 2008
Crap guys. I think I bricked my phone! I'm using Perception 8 and when I started trying to get this to work, my phone froze, so I pulled the battery, and I'm getting stuck in a boot loop and can't get into download mode! Please help! :(

lol...

Reactions: david2777

rob989_69

Jul 16, 2010
Rochester, NY
I actually found that using the knife intentionally works quite well. I highly recommend protective equipments and a steady hand though.

J4CC3B

Jan 3, 2010
On one note looks great did it to mine with my thumb nail. But my favorite part about the thread is all of the sarcasm and humor :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SILVER SPEAKER MOD

WARNING: VERY DANGEROUS

The story of the silver speaker mod: I was getting ready to go out one cold winter day in December, it was 6:30 in the evening. It was just starting to get dark. It was very quiet, aside from the furious wind whipping against the side of my house. Considering surfing with Mr. T was definitely out with these wind conditions, I sat down to reflash my phone to a new kernel. Holding a knife in one hand, as I am known to be quite the multi-tasker (Yeah, i can flash and eat, what now?) and my Captivate in the other, I accidentally knifed my phone. At first, I started to panic and soon began developing a sweat. Looking down; on the verge of a mental breakdown, I was expecting to see a possibly maimed Samsung Captivate, and little to my surprise, I immediately noticed a battle-wound. Hyperventilating, I quickly pondered on how I could handle this situation without diminishing the aesthetic appeal of the phone, and then the silver speaker mod was born.

Requirements:
    1. A fingernail

HOW-TO:
    Step 1: Scratch at it until it's silver. [Might take awhile, I had to scratch at it pretty vigorously.]

I don't know how nerdy the rest of the XDA community is, but I almost came to my knees in fear when I was performing this operation. I would recommend wearing goggles, gloves,(except for one finger, we need at LEAST one finger nail..) and possibly a bio suit. However, should you find the courage to stand strong and repetitively move your finger up and down, you will be rewarded..with....

img0001ge.jpg

Reminder: No steak is worth your phone being hurt over, no eating and flashing.​
    version 0.67 beta 4 change log:
    - scratch off the at&t logo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

*Known issues: logo is located under Gorilla Glass. Might take awhile to figure out a fix.
    Does this work with only Captivate ROMs, or can I use an I9000 ROM?
    Just flashed the OC/UV kernel with this, and everytime i try and overclock my phone a hologram of Vegeta comes out and tells me my power level is over 9000! HELP!
    My only question is why would you comment and revive a thread that's been dead for months???
    Smh

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

It may have ruined your day, but some of us got a kick out of it. Long live the Captivate!

Android Open Collective Project 412
    Samsung Galaxy SII
    Siyah 79 by AJ