[APP] GTalk w/Video & Voice for 2.3.3 roms CONFIRMED WORKING!! 06-25-2011

Search This thread

iahk

Nov 21, 2010
haha, I guess not too many people used googletalk before google added voice+video support? You guys have always had googletalk. Open your app drawer and it's listed under Talk.

rombold

Feb 22, 2011
Thank you I have only had my evo for 4 days now.

Update: Will do just wish I would see CM7 on my elocity A7.

Last edited:

tatnai

Jul 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, USA
Figured I'd give it a shot, but no go on MikG with sense 2.1 and stock kernel , gets a FC on g-talk. Oh well. Will try some other ways and see if I can't get it to work. If folk got it working on viruses version of gb with sense 2.1, it should be able to work with mikG.

Just fyi, flashing will install the cm camera app. Works though.

Richkid

Apr 3, 2008
Aventura, FL
Confirmed - working flawlessly on my setup (see sig). Brother was on a MacBook Air; great video quality on both ends.

Thanks!

brown14you

Oct 18, 2009
Not working on CM7.0.2.1 with Stock Kernel. :(
I am getting force closes on trying the video chat but text chat works.
Any solutions?

addisonhammer

Jun 28, 2010
Charleston, SC
Credit Check.

I'm sorry but i posted something that is WORKING and is a flash app, not something you have to push. His is for 2.3.4 isnt it? this clearly states its for 2.3.3. I had this working as of yesterday but i didnt post due to the negativity that XDA members are known for. You welcome for the post and thank you for being a troll

The least you could do is toss me some freaking credit for figuring it out.
I am not a developer and have a full-time job and a family, so the MANY hours I put in trying to figure out how to make this work should be worth something. No doubt, you deserve the credit for building the flashable zip, but the original method took quite some time to figure out.
No hard feelings, just make sure you pay credit where it is due.

Reactions: aaanadie

playya

Jan 12, 2007
Florida
I am running decks 1.0 as well and I am enjoying full video/talk. Thanks OP for your contributions. I also want people to know that all I did was flash gb-gapps20110503 and it worked. I think its the googleservicesframework.apk that may have the changes. I read that somewhere last night. Do a search find those gapps and on and CM7/Aosp rom give it a shot.

Reactions: milro1970

XsMagical

Apr 13, 2011
Ft. Myers
RobbysLife.com
The least you could do is toss me some freaking credit for figuring it out.
I am not a developer and have a full-time job and a family, so the MANY hours I put in trying to figure out how to make this work should be worth something. No doubt, you deserve the credit for building the flashable zip, but the original method took quite some time to figure out.
No hard feelings, just make sure you pay credit where it is due.

Ok for one i have been wanting to work on this since i read about it on Android Central, and two once the 2.3.4 leaked i was on top of it playing with it. Just because i didn't post a thread here talking about it doesn't mean i was not doing anything and just decided to steal someones work. This was the reason i delayed on posting on XDA and posted on other sites first, so this could be avoided. Just because you post something on a website first don't mean you created the idea or the mod, sorry if you feel that way but its not how it is.

FYI i have a full time job too, family and drive 4 hours a day getting there, not that it matters but i guess ill throw that in there in case you were referring to something. Now enough with the flaming, I just wanted to share what i have been using for a few days but i guess that's a bad idea around here.

JSmurfy

Jul 19, 2010
CT
www.bbthemesunltd.wordpress.com
Figured I'd give it a shot, but no go on MikG with sense 2.1 and stock kernel , gets a FC on g-talk. Oh well. Will try some other ways and see if I can't get it to work. If folk got it working on viruses version of gb with sense 2.1, it should be able to work with mikG.

Just fyi, flashing will install the cm camera app. Works though.

virus port is gb 2.3.3 just thought i would throw that out there

-- ps -- SMH what a bunch of babies.. lets all just enjoy this

XsMagical -- thx for posting your findings and i see ur active a lot more on another place.. i someties understand y..

--- ohh and for anyone who is about to retaliate.. please dont.. this is over here..
i hate that sites allow flaming sometimes and negativity to the degree they do..

thanx again

Last edited:

tatnai

Jul 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, USA
virus port is gb 2.3.3 just thought i would throw that out there
So is MikG
They are both gb 2.3.3. Both have elements of sense 2.1, compiled from a variety of sources. Something in mik's conglomerate is not liking this.

Tried this thread plus pushing the Google framework file from the other three and re-wiping, still no go.

XsMagical

Apr 13, 2011
Ft. Myers
RobbysLife.com
So is MikG
They are both gb 2.3.3. Both have elements of sense 2.1, compiled from a variety of sources. Something in mik's conglomerate is not liking this.

Tried this thread plus pushing the Google framework file from the other three and re-wiping, still no go.

I'll be working on a update in a few hours, it might fix the issue with MikG as well as the issues with MIUI

kwan

Sep 6, 2006
Looking forward to seeing this work with Miui.
Thanks for the hard work in getting this working properly.

dream8441

Sep 4, 2009
on cm7?? i have cm7.0.2 glacier for mytouch 4g with 2.3.3 w/ kernel on main page?? i have 2.6.32.28-cyanogenmod-ge716b8ezinx@atlantis#1 thats my KERNEL...any info?? so i can then install this? thanks much appreciated?

XsMagical

Apr 13, 2011
Ft. Myers
RobbysLife.com
So for those that got it working how is the video quality over 3G/4G/WiFi? I've tried every other video app (Tango, Fring, Qik, Yahoo...) and they all pretty much suck. The only one that was even bearable was ooVoo but that's still in beta.

Over 3g the video is good, I haven't tested with 4g. Wifi is great

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G running Evo-Deck 1.0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google talk with video and voice from gingerbread 2.3.4

NOTE: In Sense roms Camera is sideways on recipients side

Reboot to recovery
    Always create a backup of your current setup before trying out mods or themes.
    1. Flash the attached gtalk file
    2. Wipe dalvik
    3. Wipe cache
    4. Reboot

Google Voice is working
    Google Talk Video is working

Note: Tiamat 4.0 gave me FC's

Test it out and let me know

Confirmed working on the following roms

EVO-Deck
    █VirusROM GengerSense ReV™ █ ◄●|2 MAY|B3|●► █ [Gingerbread]●[2.3.3]●[Sense 2.1] █
    Cm 7.0.2.1 with savagezen 2.0.0 kernal
    SalvageMod, nightly 24
    Some Sense Roms

Thanks to the people that tested on other roms, I may be new to this site but not new to the game. If anyone has any input that may help with this on other roms not posted here feel free to PM me

DOWNLOAD

Dont forget to say thanks!
    even if his was for 2.3.3, yours is better for the end user because its flashable! good job man. i just want it on miui cuz i hate cm (mainly just the contacts app lol
    I need someone to test this with lol

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App
    Its Google talk. You wont see new apps, it just updated the old ones

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G running Evo-Deck 1.0
    Go to goo.im/gapps. You can get it there

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app