PC-Android Root File Manager - Android Commander by PanPiotr [WIN][ROOT][ADB]

Search This thread

FdeKlerk

Oct 10, 2013
Johannesburg
Solved.

Hay guy's, for those of you still stuck!! I got a nice and easy solution. Just install minimal ADB and fastboot, then copy the adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll,
AdbWinUsbApi.dll to your "C:\Program Files (x86)\Android Commander\bin" folder and done!! now it will work with all the new 4.3 devices. Including NOTE 3

IF I HELPED, PLEASE SAY THANKS!:good:

Skeetch79

Oct 29, 2010
West Milford, NJ
Google Pixel 5
Hay guy's, for those of you still stuck!! I got a nice and easy solution. Just install minimal ADB and fastboot, then copy the adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll,
AdbWinUsbApi.dll to your "C:\Program Files (x86)\Android Commander\bin" folder and done!! now it will work with all the new 4.3 devices. Including NOTE 3

This is what I just did to get it to work, but I also copied adb.exe and AdbWinApi.dll over from "Minimal ADB and Fastboot" as well

AAbounegm

Feb 22, 2014
Cairo
Does anyone can help me, I have no root access over my phone? :(
When I run Android Commander, the bottom status bar says "Root Access : NO"
I don't understand what went wrong.
I tried to click the status bar, it just keep on loading.

Same with me!!! I know that I have root access, but Android Commander doesn't know that!

Kameo

Jul 17, 2010
Moto G
Redmi Note 2
Just install adbd insecure from the playstore and Busybox, it helps too.

Guys, learn to read. You must install ADBInsecure and/or Busybox if you are 100/% sure that your phone is rooted but file manager don't see them as rooted.

ADB Insecure is a free soft by Chainfire (author of SU) but the PlayStore link is not free, contrary to the exact same version here at XDA:
The Google Play download is not free - it costs about a beer (thanks!).
The download listed below is 100% the exact same program, but free. Please consider supporting my work

REDISTRIBUTION IS NOT ALLOWED (no posting on other sites, no cooking into your ROMs, etc)

(The download is free for now, but I reserve the right to pull it at any time)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1687590

Aukeba

Mar 24, 2014
Hey guys I know I'm kinda late but I visited the link given and I got a message saying the website is offline :/

cocchiararo

Sep 11, 2007
Escobar
my brother had his Optimus G touch screen damaged, and he is password locked (pattern, really).

LG Service says the repair will WIPE the device (wtf ??)

In any case, he can't recover his photos becasue with no touch, he can't unlock the phone, and with a locked phone, MTP does not allow file access.

Any chance we can use this from recovery or bootloader to get files out of the media partition?
Or another method?

Thx

SirMikey

Aug 7, 2011
Edinburgh
mikeygray.co.uk
my brother had his Optimus G touch screen damaged, and he is password locked (pattern, really).

LG Service says the repair will WIPE the device (wtf ??)

In any case, he can't recover his photos becasue with no touch, he can't unlock the phone, and with a locked phone, MTP does not allow file access.

Any chance we can use this from recovery or bootloader to get files out of the media partition?
Or another method?

Thx

Did you ever find a solution to this?

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey xda,

I have found a very cool application for windows users: Android Commander.
    Its a File Manager for Windows that lets you browse the root directories of your phone within a nice gui. No more typing lines of adb shell commands!

Download: Visit Website http://androidcommander.com/

Functions:
    • File Actions
      • Copy Files
      • Delete Files
      • Push Files from PC
      • Pull Files to PC
      • Create Directories
      • Edit File Properties (Permissions, etc)
      • Select Multiple Files
      • Sign Files
    • Read Device Info
    • Open a ADB Shell console
    • Read logcat
    • Virtual Input (havent tried it)
    • Screenshots (Tested and found buggy on CM9)

Screenshots from the Website:
    1.PNG

6.PNG

7.PNG
    Solved.

For all those that get "Root Access : NO" on rooted phone, it's because adbd is running in "secure" mode.
    Try adbd Insecure v1.30. It worked for me:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1687590
    works just fine with Chainfires Insecure Mode app and KitKat on my Nexus 5.

You need to overwrite the files that are in $ROOT/Android Commander DIR/bin/ with the ones that are from an up-to-date sdk.

There are 4 files.
    Here; I'll make it easier for you all.

Android Commander Update Files for 4.3+ Support

AC.PNG
    New Links and fixes

website down ? app no longer developed/updated ?

I've found the application elsewhere (http://android-commander.en.lo4d.com/), and so far so good. I'm running an HTC One M7 w/4.4.3. I had to use Chainfire's adb insecure and copy over the newest adb files for the program to find my phone, but it did work.