[ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 9 Nightly Builds for SGH-I717

Search This thread

paleh0rse

Jan 4, 2011
Yea you have to be on normal clockwork recovery not touch and not twrp!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
I came from hotwire's 10.1 and had no issue flashing the latest nightly with the latest TWRP2.2.

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

Anyone have a guess as to why my apps didn't sync and automatically download/install after I set up GAPPS on the latest nightly (7/17)? It worked great when I first installed hotwire's kang; but, for some reason, I had to install all 100+ apps manually on this nightly.

Is there somewhere I can go in settings to force the APPS sync? I only see "browser, email, contacts, and photos" under Settings -> Accounts and Sync.

(I'm using the 4/29 GAPPS)

Regardless, this is AWESOME work CM, thank you!

dvdivx

Feb 3, 2009
1. I can't beleive Cyanogen posts here it's just too cool
2. I posted in your forum a problem where the i717 goes into a bootloop if "use internal storage" is checked so the SD card is used for apps.

h3r3tic

Mar 12, 2012
What version are you using? I've tried 2.2 every way I could think of and can't get TWRP to flash CM9.

Sent from G-Note

There is another version u must flash. It still says 2.2 twrp but there was a bug fix. Grab it straight from their site. The one on xda is the version with the bug. Goo manager beta app might have the newer version.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

dvdivx

Feb 3, 2009
Goo Manager does have the newer version. I'm using 2.2 with no problems and CM9 flashes with no problems. Only major problem is with the SD card issue not in installing it. I did have a problem with it not installing on the older touch recovery listed on this forum.

paleh0rse

Jan 4, 2011
There is another version u must flash. It still says 2.2 twrp but there was a bug fix. Grab it straight from their site. The one on xda is the version with the bug. Goo manager beta app might have the newer version.

yeah... they really need to start changing the version numbers for every new build of TWRP. I hate seeing this confusion when it's easy to avoid it.:fingers-crossed:

dkelley

May 11, 2010
Maple Ridge (close to Vancouver)
There is most definitely something wrong with something related to bass.

I've had bass boost on, setting of slight, since I can't remember, and the same headphones. It sounds totally different, to the point where I went into settings to make sure they were the same, and then thought something happened to my headphones.

Something changed.

CM probably just has the audio gain turned up as high as possible to get lots of volume from the rom. that means there's no room for the huge amount of extra gain you get from even a small amount of bass boost, let alone the large amount of bass boost that switch in the dsp app creates.

you need to turn down the overall gain when you turn on bass boost if you get distortion. it's audio engineering stuff which isn't something most folks know about, but it is completely logical and not an indication of something being broken, just something that is setup differently in this rom.

I bet you'll find that the rom overall plays music slightly louder at loudest volume than other roms do, hence the lack of headroom for undocumented extra features such as bass boost.

what you really need to do is turn down the mids and possibly the highs, which effectively gives you a bass boost. or do a bass boost and turn down the overall gain (volume) in the dsp app.

h3r3tic

Mar 12, 2012
Cwm was updated today so u might just want to grab that. It always worked for me. Twrp just looks pretty lol

He's right about the audio I have hhad so many different outcomes. Usually I have my head unit tuned and just use flat equalizer on my phone bbut so many different rom flashing I always have to tweak it. My normal listening volume in my car is 30 or so on some roms it's 40 others its 35. You really need to play to get the best experience. Poweramp does the trick quite well. Worth 5 bucks over the boring stock player. Plus so much nicer.

Last edited:

dvdivx

Feb 3, 2009
Twrp has a file manager. CWM doesn't. Just something to consider. It also has no problems seeing the sd card unlike the nightmares I had on CWM

h3r3tic

Mar 12, 2012
Twrp has a file manager. CWM doesn't. Just something to consider. It also has no problems seeing the sd card unlike the nightmares I had on CWM

I did notice that. Although never had an issue with ext or int sd memory on either.

BoOsT

Jan 6, 2008
Southeast Missouri
I came from hotwire's 10.1 and had no issue flashing the latest nightly with the latest TWRP2.2.

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

Anyone have a guess as to why my apps didn't sync and automatically download/install after I set up GAPPS on the latest nightly (7/17)? It worked great when I first installed hotwire's kang; but, for some reason, I had to install all 100+ apps manually on this nightly.

Is there somewhere I can go in settings to force the APPS sync? I only see "browser, email, contacts, and photos" under Settings -> Accounts and Sync.

(I'm using the 4/29 GAPPS)

Regardless, this is AWESOME work CM, thank you!

Did it give you the option to restore all your apps? I don't remember it... but I never use it anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Web-head

May 12, 2012
NYC
What version are you using? I've tried 2.2 every way I could think of and can't get TWRP to flash CM9.

Sent from G-Note

Download twrp 2.2 again. They fixed the issue but did not change the version number.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

CM probably just has the audio gain turned up as high as possible to get lots of volume from the rom. that means there's no room for the huge amount of extra gain you get from even a small amount of bass boost, let alone the large amount of bass boost that switch in the dsp app creates.

you need to turn down the overall gain when you turn on bass boost if you get distortion. it's audio engineering stuff which isn't something most folks know about, but it is completely logical and not an indication of something being broken, just something that is setup differently in this rom.

I bet you'll find that the rom overall plays music slightly louder at loudest volume than other roms do, hence the lack of headroom for undocumented extra features such as bass boost.

what you really need to do is turn down the mids and possibly the highs, which effectively gives you a bass boost. or do a bass boost and turn down the overall gain (volume) in the dsp app.

Not saying something is broken, just that it is different, and most definitely sounds distorted at the same/previous levels. Even turning down the volume doesn't lessen the distortion though. Where bass used to be rich and full, it sounds like a blown speaker now.

I don't see any way to turn down volume in the dsp app.

Bass without the boost enabled is pretty weak. Will have to play with the EQ now. Not a big deal, but is was perfect with R&B and Bass Boost on Slight effect before. Oh well.

I've used Poweramp, but I like the new Play Music app better with dsp manager. Would be nice if any of the music apps would provide gapless playback between tracks. One thing I miss from Apple, but I digress.

mazdamiata210

Apr 8, 2012
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Download twrp 2.2 again. They fixed the issue but did not change the version number.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

Not saying something is broken, just that it is different, and most definitely sounds distorted at the same/previous levels. Even turning down the volume doesn't lessen the distortion though. Where bass used to be rich and full, it sounds like a blown speaker now.

I don't see any way to turn down volume in the dsp app.

Bass without the boost enabled is pretty weak. Will have to play with the EQ now. Not a big deal, but is was perfect with R&B and Bass Boost on Slight effect before. Oh well.

I've used Poweramp, but I like the new Play Music app better with dsp manager. Would be nice if any of the music apps would provide gapless playback between tracks. One thing I miss from Apple, but I digress.

I also used flappjaxx aosp rom previously to flashing cm9 and it worked flawlessly on slight or moderate bass boost. I gave my beats studios to my cousin and bought another pair and thought these were broken. It doesn't matter what volume you play it at the sound is distorted with any amount of bass. I replaced the apk in system/apps with a previous version that worked fine but it was still distorted. Guessing its a deeper rom issue since flappjaxx new 1.0a rom has the same issue and it is based off cm9/aosp. Hopefully there's a fix VERY soon!!!

paleh0rse

Jan 4, 2011
Did it give you the option to restore all your apps? I don't remember it... but I never use it anyway.

No, it didn't -- just the usual stuff about location services, backing up the phone to google, and such. :(

I also seem to recall that the Accounts and Sync menu used to have several more sync options under the Google account, but now there are only the four I listed above. Maybe I'll restore a nandroid to confirm that I'm missing something...

itsnowornever

Oct 9, 2008
California
When downloading and updating from ROM manager is there anything special I need to do? I can install it from there too right? I've never used ROM manager before, but it seems like the easier way.

Y

yollasho

No, it didn't -- just the usual stuff about location services, backing up the phone to google, and such. :(

I also seem to recall that the Accounts and Sync menu used to have several more sync options under the Google account, but now there are only the four I listed above. Maybe I'll restore a nandroid to confirm that I'm missing something...

If you install more Google apps it will show more sync options. I currently have 13 boxes to check under my main Gmail account. Did you go into play store and download all the gapps you need? Pretty sure gapps.zip just gives you ability to actually use the market. It doesn't necessarily install all of the Google apps. You still need to go to play store and download Gmail if you haven't, etc, still odd you don't have contacts, did you check your contact settings?

Last edited:

Mike's Aria

Jul 22, 2010
I have only had a few minutes to play with it, but so far everything seems to be working flawlessly.

Thank you CyanogenMod team for bringing an official to my I717.

Y

yollasho

Delete hit quote instead of modify :banghead:

Last edited:

Moose0704

May 6, 2012
Princeton TX
Google Pixel Fold
Does anyone know why the audio for tango does not work with this rom? It works fine on others but not CM9. The other person can hear me but I cannot hear them. Any ideas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

itsnowornever

Oct 9, 2008
California
Yes, you need to jump on both legs, catch both legs with your left hand and keep jumping. LOL......Sorry couldn't help my self

Must admit, I laughed. OK...paid for premium rom manager, downloaded CM9 through ROM manager, told it to update, install GApps, and backup current ROM...boots into CWM, and CWM says it can't do it. Whats next?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is the official nightly build of CM9 for the Galaxy Note on AT&T. It's not a final release yet, but it's perfectly fine as a daily driver.

Known issues being worked on:
    * None, currently.

Need an S-Pen app? We don't include S-Memo. Try Papyrus and Markers.

Google Apps are not included in this ROM. You'll need to find those yourself if you want them.

Install instructions:
    1. Install ClockworkMod Recovery for "quincyatt". Sorry, CM cannot provide support for other recoveries, although they may work fine.
    2. Get.CM for "quincyatt"
    3. Reboot into recovery and install

(or just use ROM Manager)

This build is nearly complete and should make it into the 9.0 final release on time. We are also actively working on CM10 for this device, builds available soon! Enjoy!
    I've been neglecting my Note lately because of the GS3 hacking I've been doing. I promise to give it lots of love next week, including getting CM10 going on it.
    I'd like to weigh in on the attitudes above. Not all of us have 23 hours a day to troll XDAdevelopers looking for every last shred of information on our device of choice. Some of us have 3+ kids, a wife, a mortgage, one or more car payments, one or more jobs and very little precious time to devote to a hobby that our significant others find foolish and a waste of valuable time. Pardon us if we done have the luxury of being independently wealthy or to live in our childhood bedrooms well into our mid to late 30's. Have a bit of patience with our enthusiasm when we see there may be a new ROM to download and install because we don't always have the time to read 100+ pages meaninglessness to find two worthwhile posts with information useful to us. We make the best of the limited time we have at our disposal. You've had your say now I've had mine relax and cut the newbies some slack they aren't all 13 year olds. Some are 42 with more responsibility over their heads than they may want or need, just searching for a glimpse of enjoyment in an otherwise overburdened life.

Sent from my CM9 SGH-I717 using XDA Premium.
    @ cyanogen :

(eventho you probably wont read this )

I just wanna say how lucky we all are that you are maintaining this device yourself and wanna expres my gratitude for all you do for this community , coming from me it means alot cuz i ve never been a huge fan of aosp / CM

Hopefully with time ill be able to contribute something to 'the cause'
    From the Moderator

To all in this forum, stay on topic, post development related issues only...... DO NOT FLAME........ and please DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

~~thanks oka1