Artemis Update SPL (USPL) v.01 - Another way to flash *ANY* rom to your device!

Search This thread

pof

Retired Moderator
Mar 18, 2005
Barcelona
pof.eslack.org
This is a patched SPL for HTC Artemis devices (HTC P3300 / T-Mobile MDA compact III / O2 XDA Orbit / Dopod P800W / Dopod P800 / Dopod M700 / Orange SPV M650).

This SPL is based on original Artemis 1.11 SPL but includes 3 patches:

1. SuperCID / SecLevel=0 (set 32)
  2. Does not check Model ID
  3. Does not check signature*

(*) code must be formally signed i.e. contain properly-formated signatures on their places, however no checking are performed against them.

This means you can flash ANY ROM to your Artemis after flashing USPL on it, no need to pay for CID unlock anymore!

Disclaimer:
This is free to use but at your own risk, I take no responsibility for any conflict, fault, or damage caused to your phone by this unlocking procedure. No warranties of any kind are given. Any commercial usage prohibited.

Instructions:
1. Unzip
2. Connect your phone to computer, make sure activesync is enabled (green icon)
3. Run start_uspl.exe on your computer and wait until process finishes
4. See Artemis_USPL_Manual.zip (PDF) for more detailed instructions!

Thanks to:
  • arc, fdp24, itsme, machinagod, Des, Olipro, and all others who I forget!
  • everyone else in xda-developers.com :)

Attachments

• Artemis_USPL.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 177,674
  • Artemis_USPL_Manual.zip
    176.5 KB · Views: 81,325

Shand359

Jul 20, 2005
Has anyone tried this method yet. Don't really want to be the first one with a "BRICK" if it all goes wrong...........but oh what a stylish brick it would be!

walshieau

Nov 7, 2006
Has anyone tried this method yet. Don't really want to be the first one with a "BRICK" if it all goes wrong...........but oh what a stylish brick it would be!

honestly mate... if its released by pof then he has tested it... as he is a moderator and his cred is one of the highest here... jesus... just try it...

Shand359

Jul 20, 2005
Thank you for those kind words. I do not doubt pof's credibility. I also do not doubt that he has tested this program. I am just the unlucky person who would try this and get the thing all wrong and end up with a brick. I am quite good this way.

Please, it would appear my last message was doubting pof's abilities. That is definately not the case.

POF, I apologize to you, please though understand where I am coming from. Thank you.

walshieau

Nov 7, 2006
Thank you for those kind words. I do not doubt pof's credibility. I also do not doubt that he has tested this program. I am just the unlucky person who would try this and get the thing all wrong and end up with a brick. I am quite good this way.

Please, it would appear my last message was doubting pof's abilities. That is definately not the case.

POF, I apologize to you, please though understand where I am coming from. Thank you.

i do understand where you come from... but as you can see 4 other people have downloaded the program and tested it... if there was an issue im sure they would have voiced it...

planeta

Jun 30, 2006
Possible any changes in start_uspl.exe?

As first many thanks for your help and for the many time that you invest in the development some tools.
Now my question:
It is possible that you make a update for your developed tool "start_uspl" so that the updater function even if the phone are connected in bootloader modus?
I think that is the solution for some bricked phones after updates with locked CID.
Greets from Liechtenstein, planeta

This is a patched SPL for HTC Artemis devices (HTC P3300 / T-Mobile MDA compact III / O2 XDA Orbit / Dopod P800W / Dopod P800 / Dopod M700 / Orange SPV M650).

(*) code must be formally signed i.e. contain properly-formated signatures on their places, however no checking are performed against them.

This means you can flash ANY ROM to your Artemis after flashing USPL on it, no need to pay for CID unlock anymore!

Disclaimer:
This is free to use but at your own risk, I take no responsibility for any conflict, fault, or damage caused to your phone by this unlocking procedure. No warranties of any kind are given. Any commercial usage prohibited.

Instructions:
1. Unzip

Thanks to:

pof

Retired Moderator
Mar 18, 2005
Barcelona
pof.eslack.org
It is possible that you make a update for your developed tool "start_uspl" so that the updater function even if the phone are connected in bootloader modus?
I think that is the solution for some bricked phones after updates with locked CID.

Sorry but not possible, it first transfers patched SPL through activesync and places it on phone memory, and needs WinCE for that. If you already have a brick that tool will not help you.

nittin_sp

Jan 22, 2006
THANKS

Thanks Dear i was very anxiously waiting for it

Please Please please device an idea for athena tooo

Pocha

Feb 5, 2007
Great work pof, BIG CONGRATS !!!!

Now I need to came back my artemis, and I will try it !!!

Thanks again !

Java

Sep 17, 2006
Big thanks to big brain Mr.Pof by means of your genuis ideas i was able to
unbrick my htc tytn and now i am needing your help to unbrick my ARTEMIS THANKS IN ADVANCE;

fdp24

May 20, 2006
msw
USPL vs. other methods.

USPL vs. other methods.
One of the key benefit of USPL compared to other methods, is that USPL enables you to flash any ROM version, regardless of your device model ID.

To minimise a risk it is recommended to have USPL installed before flashing device with modified WM6 ROM or any other constructed ROMs.
In case of failure, you will be able to re-flash your device with any desired ROM version for ARTEMIS.
regards,

pauloviegas

Dec 7, 2006
USPL vs. other methods.
One of the key benefit of USPL compared to other methods, is that USPL enables you to flash any ROM version, regardless of your device model ID.

To minimise a risk it is recommended to have USPL installed before flashing device with modified WM6 ROM or any other constructed ROMs.
In case of failure, you will be able to re-flash your device with any desired ROM version for ARTEMIS.
regards,

Could this be used with the new HTC touch version? will it be to risky to do so?
Thank s in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Disclaimer:

Instructions:
    1. Unzip

Thanks to:
    What to do now?? ive installed this USPL on my htc p3300 artemis .... and phone rebooted !! HOW TO INSTALL WM 6.1 (4.02) i downloaded that rar file ! and there are alot of things in it ! WHAT TO DOO ??
    @sourav1981

uspl does that sometimes (error 260), just keep trying to do the uspl ;)

@maxpain007

if your device says (uspl: 1.11.cmon) on dvice startup @ the red writing then

run RomUpdateUtility.exe

click through the options and flash a new rom