[ROM][NIGHTLY] CyanogenMod 9 KANG [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

mustbepbs

Nov 19, 2011
Are people using the new FXP kernel? I want to use it...but I also want overclocking :< I'm still having issues with WiFi not turning on. The only way to fix it with these new builds based off FXP123 is with their new kernel. I wonder what's missing..

xanderharris86

Aug 7, 2010
Kissimmee, Florida
The problem is, I tried using this very file and I still get the error. Maybe I'm doing it wrong? I tried completely wiping data/cache and flashing the rom, get this error...

tried flashing this fix, then flashing the rom, still this error. Tried doing it over the top of another pax rom (I think right now it's the 5/16 CM9 port) but same thing...

does the kernel matter? I've tried DFK4 and KeICSv2

If I'm doing something stupid I give you the right to punch me, but I bruise easily...

Just wanted to update people on this error I was having... it seems to be related to my recovery img I keep in my fastboot folder. Whatever kernel I was using (maybe dfk4?) was having a problem where when I set it to reboot into recovery it wouldn't... so I was using this old file from when I first rooted the phone. Long story short, everything seems to be installing correctly now using the new CWM

Any chance someone can link me to a CWM .img file so I can dump my old backup? Not sure where to look.

mustbepbs

Nov 19, 2011
I don't get it. Why isn't wifi working with any other kernel? It only works with the newest FXP kernel. It doesn't let you turn it on, it the button just immediately goes back to OFF on any other kernel. Nobody else is having this problem?

paxChristos

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 27, 2011
West Bend
I don't get it. Why isn't wifi working with any other kernel? It only works with the newest FXP kernel. It doesn't let you turn it on, it the button just immediately goes back to OFF on any other kernel. Nobody else is having this problem?

FXP Changed how wifi modules loaded

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...mmit/06af7d71583e4e13956af56b0285e996afff5a89

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...mmit/1dc97f982334168880f7a01864fe1affbcb2568c

Keiran (or somebody else) needs to make a flashable zip based off his kernel if you want wifi working again

Also, if you could logcat what's going on, that'd help.

Pax

Last edited:
Reactions: mustbepbs

mustbepbs

Nov 19, 2011
FXP Changed how wifi modules loaded

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...mmit/06af7d71583e4e13956af56b0285e996afff5a89

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...mmit/1dc97f982334168880f7a01864fe1affbcb2568c

Keiran (or somebody else) needs to make a flashable zip based off his kernel if you want wifi working again

Also, if you could logcat what's going on, that'd help.

Pax

I can get you one tomorrow. Thank you so much for pointing this out. Driving me absolutely nuts. Going to bed.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2

panzerscope

Jul 9, 2009
Hey guys. Does anyone know where to download the latest fxp kernel? I have looked but cannot find it. Thanks!

Sent from my Xperia Play using XDA

panzerscope

Jul 9, 2009
Oh right of course they are in the zip releases. I should have known lol. Thanks guys

Sent from my Xperia Play using XDA

jeffbud98

Dec 27, 2011
Using this for a while and its awesome some wifi drops. To fix that use the freexpria kernel

Sent from my Xperia Play using Tapatalk

Gh61

Dec 12, 2011
I have lastest (6.6.2012) build. Kernel from zip file and video playback is not working. I though playback is already working.

lightningdude

Oct 9, 2010
Jerpelea's initial push of the zeusc (R800x) to the CM9 repo just got merged today. Any chance on eventually seeing the nightlies of the zeusc, too?

Reactions: paxChristos

paxChristos

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 27, 2011
West Bend
When it gets fully merged, hit me up and I'll add it.

Until this:
Code:
# proprietary side of the device
$(call inherit-product-if-exists, vendor/semc/zeusc/zeusc-vendor.mk)
is fixed (vendor/semc/zeusc does not exist in koush/proprietary_vendor_semc (-b ics)) it won't compile without using a different vendor tree. :(

Pax

Last edited:

KeiranFTW

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 17, 2011
Sunderland
Until this:
Code:
# proprietary side of the device
$(call inherit-product-if-exists, vendor/semc/zeusc/zeusc-vendor.mk)
is fixed (vendor/semc/zeusc does not exist in koush/proprietary_vendor_semc (-b ics)) it won't compile without using a different vendor tree. :(

Pax

zeusc vendor tree is now merged :)

Edit: video playback will be fixed when new semc kernel sources are released as it is not aligned to userspace.

Sent from my Xperia Play using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: Gh61 and Leraeniesh

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    They should build every night, if they don't build for three or four nights in a row, shoot me a PM and I'll fix it. I should notice before then though.
    BIG thanks to sixstringsg for building nightlies for us on his server as official CM nightlies cannot be enabled for our device yet as there is still some stuff broken.

These are technically unofficial, so please do not file bug reports to FreeXperia or CyanogenMod, and instead post issues in this thread.

You can download the ROM from here: http://androtransfer.com/?developer=nightlies&folder=zeus

The ROM is GSM, so if you are a CDMA user, flash this over the top. If you are CDMA and are flashing this for the first time, please post for more assistance.

Working:
    Video decoder for playback
    Camera back and front
    GSM & 3G Data
    WiFi
    Bluetooth
    GPS
    USB Tethering
    Touchpads (semi-working, our implementation)
    Game pad
    Sound
    3D and 2D (adreno)
    Recovery
    FPS uncapped
    Stereo sound
    Audio over Bluetooth
    Video recording

Not working:
    Full touch pad support.
    WiFi hotspot

Bug reports on this thread please.

Remember, sixstringsg is behind this, so he is the one to thank.
    Man, I never expected to see sixstringsg here. I've enjoyed your work with the Glitch Kernel on the Fascinate, and now you've followed me here. The dev community just keeps getting better and better for this phone!

I'm not developing here, just helping out the community wherever I can. I heard you didn't have nightlies and wanted them, so I offered my server/time to do it.
    For the more nerdy of you, here's the bot that builds your builds: http://exynos.co:8080/job/cm9git/ It will show you console output if you want to watch it build for some reason, and it will show build errors.
    zeusc builds are now up.