How much does a replacement HTC One cost?

Search This thread

TynanV

Feb 1, 2014
Tried rooting my phone, have never done it before (really stupid on my part) and now I can't even get into the phone, all I can do is access a recovery mode and a TWRP mode whatever that is. Looked up how to unroot it but my Mac doesn't even recognize my phone so it's pointless. Anyways, how much does it cost to replace a "broken" HTC One? Is it the price of an unlocked one or what? I'm currently on year 1 of my 3 year plan..

LibertyMarine

Sep 26, 2013
Tried rooting my phone, have never done it before (really stupid on my part) and now I can't even get into the phone, all I can do is access a recovery mode and a TWRP mode whatever that is. Looked up how to unroot it but my Mac doesn't even recognize my phone so it's pointless. Anyways, how much does it cost to replace a "broken" HTC One? Is it the price of an unlocked one or what? I'm currently on year 1 of my 3 year plan..

try following this guide and ask there in the comments if you have a problem... your problem is easy fixed! no need to worry about buying a replacement...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2632736

edit:
TWRP and recovery is the same mode.. actually TWRP is a special kind of recovery... it's a custom one with WAY more options than a stock one...

edit_2:
saw that you have a mac... I don't know how to troubleshoot the connection there... do you have a mate with a windows ? you really need windows so that i can help you..
If you have one here are the instruction on how to install fastboot and adb on a windows:
http://dottech.org/21534/how-to-ins...ows-computer-for-use-with-your-android-phone/

Last edited:
Reactions: TynanV

TynanV

Feb 1, 2014
try following this guide and ask there in the comments if you have a problem... your problem is easy fixed! no need to worry about buying a replacement...

edit:
TWRP and recovery is the same mode.. actually TWRP is a special kind of recovery... it's a custom one with WAY more options than a stock one...

edit_2:
saw that you have a mac... I don't know how to troubleshoot the connection there... do you have a mate with a windows ? you really need windows so that i can help you..
If you have one here are the instruction on how to install fastboot and adb on a windows:
http://dottech.org/21534/how-to-ins...ows-computer-for-use-with-your-android-phone/

Well I've done the installation of fastboot and adb on my Mac (found a guide for it) but there's a step in the guide that requires my Mac to recognize my phone. It doesn't because I don't think "usb debugging" is on. No idea how to do that.

LibertyMarine

Sep 26, 2013
Well I've done the installation of fastboot and adb on my Mac (found a guide for it) but there's a step in the guide that requires my Mac to recognize my phone. It doesn't because I don't think "usb debugging" is on. No idea how to do that.

you can enter fastboot (bootloader) right? and twrp, recovery .... they don't need usb debugging enabled.... if you have a windows... try it there otherwise I just can't help you... SORRY!

TynanV

Feb 1, 2014
you can enter fastboot (bootloader) right? and twrp, recovery .... they don't need usb debugging enabled.... if you have a windows... try it there otherwise I just can't help you... SORRY!

This is bootloader right? http://img.wonderhowto.com/img/20/61/63506304748072/0/unlock-your-bootloader-root-your-htc-one-install-custom-recovery-using-twrp.w654.jpg Yes I can access it. No windows PCs in my house though.:crying: Is there a Mac section on this forum?

LibertyMarine

Sep 26, 2013
This is bootloader right? http://img.wonderhowto.com/img/20/61/63506304748072/0/unlock-your-bootloader-root-your-htc-one-install-custom-recovery-using-twrp.w654.jpg Yes I can access it. No windows PCs in my house though.:crying: Is there a Mac section on this forum?

yeah this is bootloader... now you selected fastboot... press the powerbutton...

After you did it... plug your phone in to your mac...

There should be written FASTBOOT USB with red color behind...
if that's the case... try

Code:
fastboot devices

and hope your device gets recognized

edit: a punched thanks button would be highly appreciated ;)

TynanV

Feb 1, 2014
yeah this is bootloader... now you selected fastboot... press the powerbutton...

Code:
fastboot devices

Gave you 3 thanks now :) Yeah it says fastboot usb with the red highlighting. Where do I type fastboot devices? In terminal?

Reactions: LibertyMarine

LibertyMarine

Sep 26, 2013
Gave you 3 thanks now :) Yeah it says fastboot usb with the red highlighting. Where do I type fastboot devices? In terminal?

Thanks !
Yes,,...
Code:
fastboot devices
should be typed in terminal. If you didn't install fastboot or adb, do that here:...
Since i (unfortunately) don't know how to set up fastboot and adb on mac... you need to follow this guide here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1917237

For me it looks very easy to follow... and if you did that.... just call me with a @LibertyMarine mention... so I can provide further help... I think we can do that..! :)

TynanV

Feb 1, 2014
Thanks !
Yes,,...
Code:
fastboot devices
should be typed in terminal. If you didn't install fastboot or adb, do that here:...
Since i (unfortunately) don't know how to set up fastboot and adb on mac... you need to follow this guide here:

For me it looks very easy to follow... and if you did that.... just call me with a @LibertyMarine mention... so I can provide further help... I think we can do that..! :)

Actually tried this guide today. However, when I get to the part where you have to type in "./adb devices" into the terminal, I get this line of code:
"List of devices attached" with nothing after it. My phone does not get recognized.:crying:

LibertyMarine

Sep 26, 2013
Actually tried this guide today. However, when I get to the part where you have to type in "./adb devices" into the terminal, I get this line of code:
"List of devices attached" with nothing after it. My phone does not get recognized.:crying:

and it's written FASTBOOT USB on your phone?

LibertyMarine

Sep 26, 2013

I don't know if htc sync works for Mac.. but if it does install it... there are the drivers included...

otherwise... sorry... you need a windows... I did a research but didn't find any appropriate drivers.. Sorry... there is no other option than using a windows... maybe try uninstalling the drivers manually (if that works on mac) and plug in your phone again and let's see if the drivers get installed automatically...

TynanV

Feb 1, 2014
I don't know if htc sync works for Mac.. but if it does install it... there are the drivers included...

otherwise... sorry... you need a windows... I did a research but didn't find any appropriate drivers.. Sorry... there is no other option than using a windows... maybe try uninstalling the drivers manually (if that works on mac) and plug in your phone again and let's see if the drivers get installed automatically...

HTC Sync works with Mac. I have it installed. Should I have HTC Sync open when trying to get my Mac to recognize my phone?

TynanV

Feb 1, 2014
the drivers installed by HTCSync will help you... but just try once with HTCSync activated... the second time try it while HTCSync is shut down..that's the best thing we can do,...

Yeah HTC Sync doesn't recognize my phone. If I were to do this with a PC at school, how long do you think it would take?

LibertyMarine

Sep 26, 2013
Yeah HTC Sync doesn't recognize my phone. If I were to do this with a PC at school, how long do you think it would take?

Oh no! HTCSync isn't supposed to recognize your phone.... if you installed HTCSync try fastboot to recognize your phone...

At school... humm... 20minutes.. but you need administrator permission to install fastboot and adb and HTC drivers...

edit: I'll go to bed in a few minutes,.. sorry... GTM +1 ... it's 01:26 at night right now...

TynanV

Feb 1, 2014
Oh no! HTCSync isn't supposed to recognize your phone.... if you installed HTCSync try fastboot to recognize your phone...

At school... humm... 20minutes.. but you need administrator permission to install fastboot and adb and HTC drivers...

edit: I'll go to bed in a few minutes,.. sorry... GTM +1 ... it's 01:26 at night right now...

Oh, okay man, thanks for the help! Much appreciated. Hopefully I can get this resolved soon. Just want to go back to the way my phone was before I tried to root it..

LibertyMarine

Sep 26, 2013
Oh, okay man, thanks for the help! Much appreciated. Hopefully I can get this resolved soon. Just want to go back to the way my phone was before I tried to root it..

I can try to help you next on monday evening again... I recommand using a friend laptop/pc with windows...
If you get a working connection to your phone there using fastboot... I can provide further help... then just send a PM or mention me... I'll write a complete guide for you... so that you can just follow it and that you don't need to use your friends computer too long ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

edit:

edit_2:

Code:
    fastboot devices

Code:
    fastboot devices

Thanks !
    Yes,,...
    Code:
    fastboot devices